HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   GDT: #01 | New Jersey Devils vs. New York Islanders | Jan 19 | L 1-2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327171)

Law 01-19-2013 02:50 AM

#01 | New Jersey Devils vs. New York Islanders | Jan 19 | L 1-2

Law 01-19-2013 02:53 AM

Much like the NHL season, this was hastily thrown together over the past week and not really well planned. Had a whole video segment in mind -- back in August -- but to be honest, the lock-out kinda soured me a bit. Don't worry, think the juices are starting to flow again we'll get back into the swing of things with a few more days of training/drinking under our belt.

...unless we lose our first five games, then, bring on the bag!

Until then, Let's Go Islanders!

Chairman Wang 01-19-2013 03:14 AM

Awseome! First in. Score one for having to change a diaper at this ungodly hour.

Hyphistos 01-19-2013 03:44 AM

Pure awesomeness! It's good to have this back. As a fan of the movies I chuckled double as much. Just one thing: Is this cut-in-half Garth "Fuzzy Fury" Snow on purpose? Looks a little bit strange with the missing text at the end. Maybe it is just my browser.

crashthenet 01-19-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 57828197)
Much like the NHL season, this was hastily thrown together over the past week and not really well planned. Had a whole video segment in mind -- back in August -- but to be honest, the lock-out kinda soured me a bit. Don't worry, think the juices are starting to flow again we'll get back into the swing of things with a few more days of training/drinking under our belt.

^Welcome back! Let's go Islanders!!!

Pnut 01-19-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law (Post 57828197)

Welcome back!
(not like I have been around a lot)

And this is from one of, if not the most, optimistic Isles fans.......shouldn't the bag go on first and we wait until the Isles are at least 2-0-1/1-1-1/3-1-1 (that they are playing well) before it comes off? Guilty before proven innocent?!?!?:D

luki here 01-19-2013 05:29 AM

:laugh:

nice to have you back guys, especially you law!

CREW99AW 01-19-2013 05:37 AM

Law welcome back.

The below Averagers? Ouch.

NJ is one of the teams the Isles play well against.

NJ has no Parise, no Henrique and Kovalchuk dealing with the sting, of Salvador being named captain.
Meanwhile, Tavares is in mid-season form.

4-2 Isles win :yo:

Let's go Isles:handclap:

Tavaresfan91 01-19-2013 06:17 AM

Lets go islanders. Ill be at the coli tonight for this one and we usually play the devils well. I'm going 4-2 isles with an empty net goal at the end for isles.

Tavartrick 01-19-2013 06:57 AM

For some reason I can see us pulling out a win today. I say 3-0 Islanders as marginally talented Tavares gets the hat trick.

IslesNorway 01-19-2013 07:06 AM

Go Isles!! Can't wait for the season to get underway!!

nyscene 01-19-2013 07:16 AM

3-2 isles. Matty Ice, Tavares & Grabs with the goals.

STOKED for hockey to be back.

Nova Scotia Islander 01-19-2013 07:17 AM

Hey everyone, I am a new Islanders fan after recent transactions in what was one of the longest off seasons ever. Just wanted to say hi and lets go Islanders. Jersey does not like the hard hitting play so with the new bodies the islanders picked up, if they hit we should do fine.

On Edge 01-19-2013 07:18 AM

Welcome back Law - and one and all!. Your GDT is appreciated!

Riseonfire 01-19-2013 07:40 AM

WOooo!!! GDT! Welcome back Law!

JT goes HAM and nets 3. Isles win 5-3 with Grabner and Boyes getting the other 2.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!

dklap3 01-19-2013 07:45 AM

Finally hockey again! Go Isles:handclap:

luki here 01-19-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova Scotia Islander (Post 57830459)
Hey everyone, I am a new Islanders fan after recent transactions in what was one of the longest off seasons ever. Just wanted to say hi and lets go Islanders. Jersey does not like the hard hitting play so with the new bodies the islanders picked up, if they hit we should do fine.

generally the main theme with the islanders last year. When they played physical they were mediocre. Otherwise...they plain out sucked.

Gotta get the secondary scoring established. Nielsen with the first goal on the power play!

Sideshow Bob 01-19-2013 08:05 AM

With Law back in the saddle, we know its for real! Game on!

Sideshow Bob 01-19-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the fan club. (Keep your paper bag close by though).

PWJunior 01-19-2013 08:16 AM

Great to have Law's GDTs back, time to start the season!

CREW99AW 01-19-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Welcome. We can never have enough Islander fans.:D

A Pointed Stick 01-19-2013 08:23 AM

Great return GDT, particularly Fuzzy.

Interesting quote about MM, JT, and Kyle being the best first line in the NHL at one point. Hopefully Kyle wears his boots this year.

M Moulson Ale 01-19-2013 08:23 AM

Surprise surprise! New season, old username is back! (By popular demand ;))

blinkman360 01-19-2013 08:27 AM

Definitely disappointed with the way this lineup turned out, but I still can't wait for tonight. Good to have Isles hockey back. Awesome GDT Law.

BillD 01-19-2013 08:31 AM

Welcome back Law. I heard that you were refusing to report this year but after being threatened with being suspended and tolled next year you came to your senses and will be producing your awesome GDT's for all of us to enjoy.