HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Ottawa - Chicago (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327195)

Beville 01-19-2013 04:44 AM

Ottawa - Chicago
 
To Ottawa
Hjarmalsson

To Chicago
Bishop
Claesson

Discuss.

Edit: Perhaps centred around Bishop +

TSA0402 01-19-2013 06:08 AM

Doesnt make alot of sense for Chicago. Is giving up Hjalmarsson worth going from Crawford to Bishop?

Synthetek 01-19-2013 06:33 AM

I think Claesson is going to be another late round gem, don't want to give up on him.

Beville 01-19-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthetek (Post 57830005)
I think Claesson is going to be another late round gem, don't want to give up on him.

Bear in mind D was a position of 'strength' last season...

H would bring a LOT to the Sens top 4 with Gonch gone in the Summer...

Karlsson/Cowen/Methot/Hjarmalsson..

Pretty solid, no?


TSA, potentially yes... He may not end up leaps and bounds ahead, but he is definitely a solid NM.

Chelios 01-19-2013 07:39 AM

Way too much for Chicago to give up for an unproven goalie. I have no doubt the Hawks would be interested in Bishop, but not at the cost of Hjalmarsson.

crazyhawk 01-19-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA0402 (Post 57829805)
Doesnt make alot of sense for Chicago. Is giving up Hjalmarsson worth going from Crawford to Bishop?

Getting Bishop would not mean leaving Crawford as Bishop would be his back up or potentially his 1B.
I don't know this Claesson kid but we would need at least one more piece to justify losing Hjalmarsson. Would rather attain Bishop for a 2nd and lesser prospect.

BeerandHockey 01-19-2013 07:57 AM

Claesson is very steady and should only get better. He came over to the AHL this year at 19 to learn the North American game. I can see him being equal to Hjarmalsson. I understand Hjarmalsson is ready now and that is why Ottawa would have to give more to get him, but I think if they trade Bishop it will be a 1 for 1 deal (so not Hjarmalsson) unless they are going after someone bigger.

Pitlick* 01-19-2013 08:09 AM

If any Sens goalie is traded to Chicago, it will be Chicago native Craig Anderson.

By the trading deadline, if Crawford has been awful, and Lehner looks like a #1 goalie, I could seriously see Andy get sent to Chicago.


Murray is taking calls for the trade value of his goalies. It will be Anderson or Bishop traded, between now and the start of next season. They will not trade Lehner, obviously. Bishop is probably worth a 2nd round pick, what the Sens got him for, or slightly more (not a 1st though). If he stands on his head, his value goes up, but he won't play much, being our 3rd best goalie.


I like Claesson, but he has bottom pairing potential. Hjallmarson is already a top 4 defenseman.

MurrayBannerman 01-19-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitlick (Post 57831245)
If any Sens goalie is traded to Chicago, it will be Chicago native Craig Anderson.

By the trading deadline, if Crawford has been awful, and Lehner looks like a #1 goalie, I could seriously see Andy get sent to Chicago.


Murray is taking calls for the trade value of his goalies. It will be Anderson or Bishop traded, between now and the start of next season. They will not trade Lehner, obviously. Bishop is probably worth a 2nd round pick, what the Sens got him for, or slightly more (not a 1st though). If he stands on his head, his value goes up, but he won't play much, being our 3rd best goalie.


I like Claesson, but he has bottom pairing potential. Hjallmarson is already a top 4 defenseman.

Anderson would be fine by me. Shoot me a phone call if you want to move Lehner. :laugh:

Busboy 01-19-2013 10:04 AM

I'm definitely interested in a deal centered around Bishop for Hjallmarson but I think the Sens would have to add a little more value than Claesson.

What kind of prospect would Chicago want added?

Dackell 01-19-2013 10:36 AM

Time to revisit Zack Smith for Hjarmalsson?

This was rumoured last year. Seems to make sense for both teams? Ottawa has some centre depth with Regin back and Zibby and DaCosta getting closer to making the show. Smith is signed through 2016-2017 for 1.88. Chicago also gets cap relief Ottawa gets a reliable D who is definitely an upgrade on any FA scraps left out there.

Ottawa has tried hard to treat their players well so I don't know how this would reflect on the organization after locking him up long term.

crazyhawk 01-19-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dackell (Post 57835915)
Time to revisit Zack Smith for Hjarmalsson?

This was rumoured last year. Seems to make sense for both teams? Ottawa has some centre depth with Regin back and Zibby and DaCosta getting closer to making the show. Smith is signed through 2016-2017 for 1.88. Chicago also gets cap relief Ottawa gets a reliable D who is definitely an upgrade on any FA scraps left out there.

Ottawa has tried hard to treat their players well so I don't know how this would reflect on the organization after locking him up long term.

How about Bishop and Smith to Chicago for Hjalmarsson and a 2nd. With a potential lesser prospect added by Chicago if needed.

SpezDispenser 01-19-2013 11:13 AM

Really can't trade Smith. We made a decision to move Foligno for Methot leaving Smith as a key piece of the future.

Would love to do a deal centered around Bishop + piece for Hjalmarsson though.

Blackhawkswincup 01-19-2013 11:29 AM

Hawks cant really afford to move Hammer at this point

Montador's career is probably over , Olsen is too slow to ever be more then bottom pairing/depth dman and Clendening our closest to NHL d prospect is a PMD in Leddy mold so he just further waters down the Hawks blueline if he is in it

Dackell 01-19-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpezDispenser (Post 57837807)
Really can't trade Smith. We made a decision to move Foligno for Methot leaving Smith as a key piece of the future.

Would love to do a deal centered around Bishop + piece for Hjalmarsson though.

I certainly have no issues with Smith and don't want to just give him away, but he is hardly untouchable. Again, I like the guy but if he can be moved to strengthen the D core for the medium to long term I think it's a no brainer. I don't see why moving Foligno for Methot is at all relevant in this scenario.

If they traded Smith, Regin can be the 3rd line centre. Worst case Ontario - Regin goes down with an injury or just can't get it done - JOB moves up to the 3rd line and they recall Grant to centre the 4th line. If that fails miserably they should be able to get a 4th line centre for a fairly inexpensive price on the trade market.

I'd be happy to trade Bishop + for Hjarmalsson but I don't know if Chicago does it. Bishop looks like he has promise but he is still pretty unproven. Crawford was in a pretty similar position to Bishop a few years ago and hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. I don't think Chicago risks going down that route again, let alone giving up Hjarmalsson to do so.

IranCondraAffair 01-19-2013 11:42 AM

I'm sure Ottawa would love to do a deal involving a Hammer for Bishop trade, but I can't see Chicago getting Smith as well unless the 'Hawks are adding something too.

Having said that, Hammer, despite his salary, is a good, established, youngish player, who would fit well on the Sens, so trading Bishop alone isn't likely enough to get him.

If it HAS to be a roster player from the Sens it will have to be one of Condra, O'Brien, Daugavins or Regin. Prospect-wise, DaCosta, Hoffman, Grant, Petersson, and Claesson are all legitimate options if only because of Ottawa's depth. All of them are good prospects though.

Blackhawkswincup 01-19-2013 11:43 AM

If Hawks get a unproven goalie ,, They aren't overpaying for him

Hammer for Bishop and ok d prospect is overpayment IMO

Dackell 01-19-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57839335)
If Hawks get a unproven goalie ,, They aren't overpaying for him

Hammer for Bishop and ok d prospect is overpayment IMO

As a Sens fan, I agree. Sens also don't have any okay D prospects to trade either. As it is they are starting the season with 3 rookies on D to begin with.

I'll probably get crucified for this but what would the Hawks give up for Anderson? He's an Illinois native, a legit starting goalie, and signed for a very reasonable 3.18 million through 2014-2015.

Return would have to be fairly decent, as it could potentially backfire badly on the Sens. I imagine they probably wouldn't trade him to begin with.

Is there a potential framework for a deal?

Blackhawkswincup 01-19-2013 12:08 PM

Anderson for one of Morin/Olsen/Pirri + Beach?

crazyhawk 01-19-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dackell (Post 57840507)
As a Sens fan, I agree. Sens also don't have any okay D prospects to trade either. As it is they are starting the season with 3 rookies on D to begin with.

I'll probably get crucified for this but what would the Hawks give up for Anderson? He's an Illinois native, a legit starting goalie, and signed for a very reasonable 3.18 million through 2014-2015.

Return would have to be fairly decent, as it could potentially backfire badly on the Sens. I imagine they probably wouldn't trade him to begin with.

Is there a potential framework for a deal?

I highly doubt the Sens would trade Anderson this early in the season as then you would be rolling the dice with Lehner being ready to take the #1 spot with Bishop backing.
Maybe by the trade deadline this could be a go.
From the Hawk's perspective Anderson would be a good gamble though they would have two goalies making 3+M per year which is trending towards too much.
How about Anderson, Claesson and Smith for Hjalmarsson, Paradis and Kruger.
Let's edit that as you would need a veteran goalie to help mentor Lehner ... How about Emery coming back to Ottawa? so ... Anderson, Claesson and Smith for Hjalmarsson, Emery and mid level prospect.

Lukus 01-19-2013 01:05 PM

If a swap of Smith for Hjalmarsson is enough to get it done, then let's do it. Finding a gritty 3rd line centre is easier than acquiring a top-4 D.

If Smith alone isn't enough, then we can add Bishop but I would expect Chicago to add a very good prospect. I don't follow them so no clue who that might be.

SpezDispenser 01-19-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dackell (Post 57838981)
I certainly have no issues with Smith and don't want to just give him away, but he is hardly untouchable. Again, I like the guy but if he can be moved to strengthen the D core for the medium to long term I think it's a no brainer. I don't see why moving Foligno for Methot is at all relevant in this scenario.

If they traded Smith, Regin can be the 3rd line centre. Worst case Ontario - Regin goes down with an injury or just can't get it done - JOB moves up to the 3rd line and they recall Grant to centre the 4th line. If that fails miserably they should be able to get a 4th line centre for a fairly inexpensive price on the trade market.

I'd be happy to trade Bishop + for Hjarmalsson but I don't know if Chicago does it. Bishop looks like he has promise but he is still pretty unproven. Crawford was in a pretty similar position to Bishop a few years ago and hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. I don't think Chicago risks going down that route again, let alone giving up Hjarmalsson to do so.

In my opinion, there's a big difference between Regin and Smith - and I'm a Regin believer. When the Sens made the trade for Methot involving Foligno, then signed Smith long term, that was the end of the trade rumours for Smith. We expected them to keep one of the two, both are really physical, gritty players with offensive upside, but Smith is a C that gives you that perfect balance of skill + grit up and down the lineup.

I don't think you can plug a guy like Regin or Da Costa in and expect teams not to get an easier ride without Smith in the lineup. He's a big, big piece now - a player I think I would value to our lineup much more than Hjarl.

Also, isn't Hjarl left handed? It seems like no problem, but we have Cowen, Methot and Phillips on the left side, where does he play? Does he play the right side?

BondraTime 01-19-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57840645)
Anderson for one of Morin/Olsen/Pirri + Beach?

If we move a tendy it will be for a D that can jump in this year.

Bubba88 01-19-2013 01:39 PM

Hjalmarsson for Anderson: yes
Hjalmarsson for Bishop: no

WhiteLight* 01-19-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 57845775)
Hjalmarsson for Anderson: yes
Hjalmarsson for Bishop: no

It'll take much more than that for Andy

I'm thinking Saad


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.