HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   *ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327473)

Trembz420 01-18-2013 04:32 PM

Subban to Chicago

To Chi - Pk Subban, Brandan Gallagher, Travis Moen

To Montreal - Marrian Hossa, Jimmy Hayes, Niklas Hjalmarsson

Fair Value?

Beukeboom Fan 01-18-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trembz420 (Post 57800753)

Fair Value?

Couple of issues with the deal:

1) Capgeek isn't showing one, but I thought Hossa had a NTC. Not sure if he'd waive for MON.
2) Hossa is 34 YO. Highly doubt the Habs trade 23 YO Subban when 34 YO Hossa is the key piece going the other way.

That being said - as a Hawks fan, I would do that deal in a minute. It would obviously open a pretty big hole up front, but that would be easier to fill than adding a d-man with PK's potential.

99 steps 01-18-2013 04:38 PM

Hossa will not be traded. /thread

sheed36 01-18-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan (Post 57801015)

1) Capgeek isn't showing one, but I thought Hossa had a NTC. Not sure if he'd waive for MON.
2) Hossa is 34 YO. Highly doubt the Habs trade 23 YO Subban when 34 YO Hossa is the key piece going the other way.

That being said - as a Hawks fan, I would do that deal in a minute. It would obviously open a pretty big hole up front, but that would be easier to fill than adding a d-man with PK's potential.

I agree with #2.

Trembz420 01-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan (Post 57801015)

I really didn't realize Hossa was already 34

Blind Gardien 01-18-2013 04:42 PM

Well, Habs are likely to be tight to the cap next season and an extra $2M committed there is actually a likely issue. To me, I'd pass. Hjalmarsson is decent, but we really need what Subban would represent long-term to our D, not a steady depth guy who has just 1 year left before free agency. Maybe fair value, I don't know, but not a fit and that's all that really matters.

Kimota 01-18-2013 04:47 PM

Not a bad deal.

Even Pk Subban, Brandan Gallagher

For

Marrian Hossa, Niklas Hjalmarsson

would work in my book.

TorstenFrings 01-18-2013 04:48 PM

So Montreal can`t sign Subban, because he apparently wants a lot in either term and/or money and therefore he should be traded to Chicao, who would then have something like ~18m bound up in three D forevermore, when really they desperately need a second line center and a competent goalkeeper. That sounds smart.

InjuredChoker 01-18-2013 04:49 PM

Well value is there, I guess.

But what would Habs do with Hossa? They wouldn't be going deep with that D imo.

IceDaddy 01-18-2013 04:55 PM

No

Hossa is way too old

Diskothek 01-18-2013 04:59 PM

Value is there but Hossa's age is the deal killer for MTL. I didn't realize he was 34 already either. Time flies!

Beukeboom Fan 01-18-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 57801717)
So Montreal can`t sign Subban, because he apparently wants a lot in either term and/or money and therefore he should be traded to Chicao, who would then have something like ~18m bound up in three D forevermore, when really they desperately need a second line center and a competent goalkeeper. That sounds smart.

Long term, adding another legit top pair dman would really help the Hawks. Obviously, additional deals would have to be made, but from a value perspective it is a slam dunk IMO.

Trembz420 01-18-2013 05:43 PM

What about Subban, Gallagher for Kane and Hjalmarsson

massivegoonery 01-18-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trembz420 (Post 57804751)
What about Subban, Gallagher for Kane and Hjalmarsson

Only if it's the Gallagher that smashes watermelons with a hammer. Otherwise, no dice.

zytz 01-18-2013 05:50 PM

I must be insane- CHI trades one of the leagues top RW for an unsigned defender?

Domino11 01-18-2013 05:51 PM

Montreal is not a contender so hossa got no use for us !! We won't win I. The next 4year so hossa will be 38 so not good for us ... But I love hossa one of my favourite player but he is to old for Montreal !!
If Chicago want mtl it will cost them some high pick and some young player like saad and teravainen and McNeil etc .. (Not all ) probably a first round too ... Anyways not gonna happen we don't fit as trade partner for subban but maybe for plekanec or desharnais

TurdFerguson 01-18-2013 05:58 PM

I'd much rather see Chicago put up an offer sheet that is the exact term to make him a UFA when it ends. Actually, I don't care if it's Chicago, any team is fine. It would be very entertaining.

EDIT: An overpayment by Boston would make the most sense, their picks aren't worth much if Montreal doesn't match, and you don't risk alienating yourself as much when you're a divisional rival.

Kimota 01-18-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diskothek (Post 57802405)
Value is there but Hossa's age is the deal killer for MTL. I didn't realize he was 34 already either. Time flies!

Oh boy, I didn't that know that either. Forget that deal.

Deaner 01-18-2013 06:17 PM

Any Habs fans who like this are nuts. Isn't Hossa now what Galchenyuk might be capable of becoming - hopefully the C version - in 16! years when he's finally Hossa's age? And for Subban.

ginovegas 01-18-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trembz420 (Post 57800753)

Fair Value?

Saad, TT and Hjalmersson
for
PK, Gallagher and a second

Drew311 01-18-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 steps (Post 57801089)
Hossa will not be traded. /thread

I agree, because he's one high hit away from being Corky from Life Goes On.

Bourne Endeavor 01-18-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diskothek (Post 57802405)

Wow.... he better be another Selanne. I love Hossa. League just wouldn't be the same.

Anywho, Habs respectfully pass. The value is relatively good but I suspect Chicago would be nervous given Subban's contract concerns and Montreal cannot afford to deal a young star for an older player. Even if that player is Marian Hossa.

sheed36 01-18-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurdFerguson (Post 57805461)
I'd much rather see Chicago put up an offer sheet that is the exact term to make him a UFA when it ends. Actually, I don't care if it's Chicago, any team is fine. It would be very entertaining.

EDIT: An overpayment by Boston would make the most sense, their picks aren't worth much if Montreal doesn't match, and you don't risk alienating yourself as much when you're a divisional rival.

The Habs would match anything the Bruins threw Subban's way. That is of course if Subban would even sign the offer sheet with them. How much cap space does the Bruins have to offer sheet someone anyway?

KIRK 01-18-2013 08:16 PM

Subban to Pittsburgh

I floated this and have seen a few replies in this forum and the Penguins forum. Seems like fan of both teams, with some exceptions, think is a fair hockey trade, so I'll put it here for discussion:

To Pittsburgh: Subban

To Montreal: Despres, Harrington, 1st

Chacal667 01-18-2013 08:17 PM

Hossa is one of my favorite players but he's 34, already ?