HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Post your dream scenario for the '13 season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327551)

vadim sharifijanov 01-19-2013 04:57 PM

Post your dream scenario for the '13 season

this is how i'm hoping the season will play out.

- trade luongo to florida next week for a good but not great return (say, weiss, a good prospect, and a '14 first round pick; weiss is understood to be a ringer for the year)

- sedins have another good regular season, top five points finishes. henrik edges out crosby to lead the league in assists again.

- team starts a bit slow but is in mid-season/destroying-the-league form by the time the playoffs start.

- kesler comes back late in the season, and comes back strong; booth also regains his form. kassian is a perfect playmaking/space-creating complement to those guys.

- luongo is in '07 form in florida. wins the vezina by a landslide.

- schneids is also excellent, finishes second to luongo.

- edler hits that elite level some of us think he can, is a norris nominee.

- ballard is solid as a third pair PMD. he and AV co-exist peacefully.

- we roll through the first two rounds of the playoffs, destroying LA in the first round (cup hangover makes them finish 8th again), chicago in the second (we mercilessly destroy crawford, kesler completely dominates his match up against toews/kane, and kassian beats the living snot out of keith); sedins are in mid-season form and make a joke out of those teams

- extremely close and hard fought third round match up against st. louis. sedins continue to roll, prove to themselves and the team that they can score against an elite defensive team; burrows becomes a claude lemieux-level folk hero due to his clutch scoring. weiss provides extremely valuable tertiary scoring on a line with hansen and higgins.

- finals match up against florida, who is on a cinderella run thanks to lu. we win the match up in seven games, burrows scores in double OT, assisted by both sedins. schneids and sedins get conn smythe mentions, but it goes to lu and everyone agrees. we give luongo a ridiculously long and emotional standing ovation as he tearfully accepts the smythe.

maroon 6 01-19-2013 05:04 PM

Canucks win the cup

Fat Tony 01-19-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroon 6 (Post 57865775)
Canucks win the cup

That's it right there. Everything else is fluff.

VeteranNetPresence 01-19-2013 05:30 PM

canucks win the cup with luongo (luongo carries the team) -> luongo's trade value sky rockets-> unload him for a great return

y2kcanucks 01-19-2013 05:32 PM

Canucks position themselves to be able to draft Nathan MacKinnon.

Moore Money 01-19-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 57867919)

Suck it up princess. Schroeder will be back.

StringerBell 01-19-2013 05:37 PM

Schneider carries us to finals but suffers a minor injury that keeps him out of the finals. Luongo comes in and sweeps Bruins.

y2kcanucks 01-19-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoolChamp (Post 57868337)
Suck it up princess. Schroeder will be back.

Nah, I just don't believe in this current team, and figure it's easier to endure 48 games of pure suckage versus 82. Being able to draft a guy like MacKinnon could make us very dangerous next season.

Elbows of Bure 01-19-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Before everyone jumps all over this post, I want to say, it's much better to read it with a giant :sarcasm: at the end.

*Oh you're being serious; have you been spending too long listening to how content Toronto fans are to tank, and it has rubbed off on you?

WonderTwinsUnite 01-19-2013 05:41 PM

Winning the Cup.

y2kcanucks 01-19-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elbows of Bure (Post 57868551)
Before everyone jumps all over this post, I want to say, it's much better to read it with a giant :sarcasm: at the end.

*Oh you're being serious; have you been spending too long listening to how content Toronto fans are to tank, and it has rubbed off on you?

Nah, but looking at how we elected to go with Andrew Ebbett as our 2C, and with the uncertainty around Kesler's return it might be easier to swallow. Take our lumps now, get a dynamite prospect, and come back and dominate next year. Similar to how Philly had that horrid year in 2007 and came back with a bang the next year.

Elbows of Bure 01-19-2013 05:51 PM

I'd like a super prospect too, but I'd rather get it without tanking, by more nefarious means. For example, if Luongo is traded, I hope its for too much (from the other team), too late. We get a first, which wins the lottery. This team now has warts, but so will every other team this year. I'd rather not go all Edmonton by winning on losing just yet.

vadim sharifijanov 01-19-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroon 6 (Post 57865775)
Canucks win the cup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Tony (Post 57867001)
That's it right there. Everything else is fluff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite (Post 57868703)
Winning the Cup.

so what you guys are saying is i'm being greedy here?

604 01-19-2013 05:59 PM

blah blah blah...

win Cup.

vector209 01-19-2013 06:04 PM

I finally get that promotion I've been working so hard for and end up buying that sweet BMW M3.

Oh, you meant hockey?

Canucks take out the Hawks during the WCF in overtime, on a play where Duncan Keith scores into his own net after accidentally concussing himself on a failed hit on a Canuck.

Canucks take out the Bruins during the SCF in overtime, on a play where Brad Marchand's nose deflects a shot into his own net. Everyone goes crazy and the Earth explodes, taking out everyone but Tim Thomas, who remains safe in his bunker. He comes out to acknowledge the apocalypse, realizes Democrats are still running the country and goes back into self-exile, slowly eating himself to death on a stack of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

Seth Jones, after being drafted by the Oilers 1st overall, pulls a Steve Francis and says he'll only suit up if he can take his talents to Wreck Beach, causing a paradox thanks to his contradictory phrasing. The world explodes again and Luongo is finally traded.

Moore Money 01-19-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 57869043)
Nah, but looking at how we elected to go with Andrew Ebbett as our 2C, and with the uncertainty around Kesler's return it might be easier to swallow. Take our lumps now, get a dynamite prospect, and come back and dominate next year. Similar to how Philly had that horrid year in 2007 and came back with a bang the next year.

only way I could see that happening is if we trade Luongo and Schneider gets injured the next day.

y2kcanucks 01-19-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoolChamp (Post 57871043)
only way I could see that happening is if we trade Luongo and Schneider gets injured the next day.

Or doesn't pan out? Either way, I'm not saying we should do an Oilers tank or anything where we are in the basement for years ahead. Just this year. It's a lot easier to stomach 48 games of last place hockey than it is 82, and if we can get someone like Drouin or MacKinnon then next year we can be back on top.

vadim sharifijanov 01-19-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vector209 (Post 57870649)
I finally get that promotion I've been working so hard for and end up buying that sweet BMW M3.

Oh, you meant hockey?

Canucks take out the Hawks during the WCF in overtime, on a play where Duncan Keith scores into his own net after accidentally concussing himself on a failed hit on a Canuck.

Canucks take out the Bruins during the SCF in overtime, on a play where Brad Marchand's nose deflects a shot into his own net. Everyone goes crazy and the Earth explodes, taking out everyone but Tim Thomas, who remains safe in his bunker. He comes out to acknowledge the apocalypse, realizes Democrats are still running the country and goes back into self-exile, slowly eating himself to death on a stack of Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

Seth Jones, after being drafted by the Oilers 1st overall, pulls a Steve Francis and says he'll only suit up if he can take his talents to Wreck Beach, causing a paradox thanks to his contradictory phrasing. The world explodes again and Luongo is finally traded.

actually, that's what we call pulling a reverse-steve francis.

vector209 01-19-2013 06:33 PM

I was implying he wouldn't wish to play for the team that originally drafted him.

vanuck 01-19-2013 06:34 PM

Canucks keep Luongo in a shortened season, win Cup this year. Trade Lu for a good futures package. Profit. :nod:

Reverend Mayhem 01-19-2013 06:43 PM

48-0-0; 16-0.

Ainec

Steve Bennett* 01-20-2013 12:47 AM

Canucks re-aquire Vadim Sharifijanov

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...bKMYmal1BKsP3H

StringerBell 01-20-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

alternate 01-20-2013 01:06 AM

I have to admit, game 1 was step 1 to my dream scenario.

Bourne Endeavor 01-20-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

By trading a goalie for Edmonton or Toronto's first and hoping he gets injured. :sarcasm:

Or after tonight, keeps playing like that.