HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327701)

joshjull 01-19-2013 07:26 PM

Around the NHL. Game On!!!! (RoR Offersheeted by Calgary, Avs Match)
 
Carry on folks

joshjull 01-19-2013 07:32 PM

I'm being painfully reminded how brutal Jack Edwards is to listen to.

It's the only game in HD but I'm still switching away to others.

JOHNBOY 01-19-2013 07:39 PM

Leafs up 2-0 and Mike Kostka looking good on D..

Rhett4 01-19-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 57885551)
I'm being painfully reminded how brutal Jack Edwards is to listen to.

It's the only game in HD but I'm still switching away to others.

I enjoyed how he called the back-to-back fights. Rupp gets a bloody nose, and Edwards acts like Thornton killed him, buried him, and danced on the grave after. Then Bickel busts Campbell open with a good punch, and all Edwards has to say is that Bickel has a cut on his hand.

Mike McDermott 01-19-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 57885551)
I'm being painfully reminded how brutal Jack Edwards is to listen to.

It's the only game in HD but I'm still switching away to others.

Yeah it's a rather painful reminder.

My son asked me during the first period who I wanted to win this game. My response was seeing the jumbotron coming down during intermission so no one gets hurt but there can't be a winner.

I started to say "If I have to choose one though" and my wife finishes my sentence with "probably Boston".

Man if looks could kill I'd be in jail right now. :laugh:

Fire Lindy 01-19-2013 07:45 PM

Leafs up 2-0 on Montreal, the Habs have looked terrible so far..definitely missing Subban right now, and their offense has had no chemistry.

Rhett4 01-19-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle (Post 57887607)
Leafs up 2-0 on Montreal, the Habs have looked terrible so far..definitely missing Subban right now, and their offense has had no chemistry.

The Habs are going to be an awful team this year. I'm curious to see what Toronto does with its approach of jettisoning their underachieving vets in lieu of youth and AHLers, though. (And by curious, I really mean that I'll be openly rooting for them to fail.)

ZZamboni 01-19-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4 (Post 57887953)
The Habs are going to be an awful team this year. I'm curious to see what Toronto does with approach of jettisoning their underachieving vets in lieu of youth and AHLers, though. (And by curious, I really mean that I'll be openly rooting for them to fail.)

Yea, the Habs really miss Gomez.










:sarcasm:

aceface33 01-19-2013 07:49 PM

What's the deal with Subban, he's holding out? Seems like a second contract shouldn't be that tough to nail down.

JOHNBOY 01-19-2013 07:50 PM

wow boarding call on Kadri, Markov turned at the very lasts second drew the call..

Silence Of The Plams 01-19-2013 07:50 PM

Freaking Rangers need to get it together we're already gonna have 2 guys up on us, must win tomorrow. :(

aceface33 01-19-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess What (Post 57888649)
Freaking Rangers need to get it together we're already gonna have 2 guys up on us, must win tomorrow. :(

Guess what guess what, if you're going to talk about the Rangers, it's not "we" around here. :rant:

Silence Of The Plams 01-19-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceface33 (Post 57888839)
Guess what guess what, if you're going to talk about the Rangers, it's not "we" around here. :rant:

I'm confused :( Talking we as in the Buffalo Population. Ottawa's a win up, so is either Toronto or Montreal. Would love to see Boston lose :rant:

Fire Lindy 01-19-2013 07:55 PM

Florida up 5-0 and the rookie Huberdeau has 3 points

Rookie Tarasenko also scored a goal for the Blues

So many good rookies this year.

aceface33 01-19-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess What (Post 57889095)
I'm confused :( Talking we as in the Buffalo Population. Ottawa's a win up, so is either Toronto or Montreal. Would love to see Boston lose :rant:

Oh, I misinterpreted your post. Carry on. :booboo:

Silence Of The Plams 01-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceface33 (Post 57889507)
Oh, I misinterpreted your post. Carry on. :booboo:

Heart was almost broken. But yeah. Grigorenko tomorrow.

stokes84 01-19-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess What (Post 57888649)
Freaking Rangers need to get it together we're already gonna have 2 guys up on us, must win tomorrow. :(

Must win first game. :laugh:

Reacher Gilt 01-19-2013 08:01 PM

NHL website is terrible slow, stuck in the lockout

Myllz 01-19-2013 08:13 PM

Lundqvist with an early bid for save of the year.

CrankyJay 01-19-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 57892623)
Lundqvist with an early bid for save of the year.

Why wouldn't the NHL mandate white catcher interiors?

You can't even see where the puck is.

Myllz 01-19-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrankyJay (Post 57893005)
Why wouldn't the NHL mandate white catcher interiors?

You can't even see where the puck is.

You wouldn't be able to see the puck even with that.

CrankyJay 01-19-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myllz (Post 57893439)
You wouldn't be able to see the puck even with that.

What are you talking about? The inside of his glove is black and the camera is just far enough away such that the puck blended in...the outside of his glove is white. His glove was open.

Rob Paxon 01-19-2013 08:29 PM

Can't connect to Gamecenter through my XBOX and now the web version is back to not connecting for me. Very frustrating. Wouldn't be surprised if some ANON losers are DDoSing them in 'protest' of the 'selfish capitalist lockout'. Of course, they probably just underestimated the amount of resources they need for this season, especially with the $50 price tag.

Rob Paxon 01-19-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McDermott (Post 57886939)
Yeah it's a rather painful reminder.

My son asked me during the first period who I wanted to win this game. My response was seeing the jumbotron coming down during intermission so no one gets hurt but there can't be a winner.

I started to say "If I have to choose one though" and my wife finishes my sentence with "probably Boston".

Man if looks could kill I'd be in jail right now. :laugh:

I actually like the Rangers, going back to my childhood (having always been able to watch them on MSG) and how this particular version is constructed. But I definitely get hating them. Lundqvist and Miller bring out the best in each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceface33 (Post 57888493)
What's the deal with Subban, he's holding out? Seems like a second contract shouldn't be that tough to nail down.

Technically not a holdout since he's not under contract, where a holdout would be him refusing to play until he gets an extension. Not sure which side is being more unreasonable since we don't know what kind of offers are being made.

Rob Paxon 01-19-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle (Post 57889501)
Florida up 5-0 and the rookie Huberdeau has 3 points

Rookie Tarasenko also scored a goal for the Blues

So many good rookies this year.

I watched much of the first 2 periods and let me just say, Huberdeau LOOKED like he had 3 points. He was aggressive and in on a lot of plays. Kovalev had some nice shifts too, if you can believe it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.