HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Van- Dal Van- NYI Secondary scoring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327749)

schneider3509 01-19-2013 08:01 PM

Van- Dal Van- NYI Secondary scoring
 
Van trades
Mason raymond
2nd round pick

Dallas trades
Micheal Ryder

Van trades
Ballard
1st round pick

NYI trades
Bailey
Matt martin




Van healthy line up

Twins ryder
Booth kesler burrows
Hansen bailey higgins
Kassian lapierre martin
Malhotra


Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Tanev vandermeer

Scheinds
Luongo

Pretty sick lineup

Vankiller Whale 01-19-2013 08:04 PM

Meh...Not a big fan of either trade. Not interested in giving up our 1st, and I think Raymond + Schroeder would be more beneficial to us than Ryder.

CanucksSayEh 01-19-2013 08:10 PM

Not Raymond, he's an hour away from displaying his beastnessicity!

Modo 01-19-2013 08:11 PM

What's the latest on Schroeder? I know our pick from that draft (Glennie) has been a colossal bust, is Schroeder in the same boat or does he at least have a glimmer of hope remaining?

schneider3509 01-19-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh (Post 57891823)
Not Raymond, he's an hour away from displaying his beastnessicity!

Lol. Played well with jordan in the scrimmage. They can build chemisrty in dallas.

IKEA 01-19-2013 08:12 PM

You're probably thinking of Paul Martin, not Matt Martin. MM's on NYI's roster - he would look brilliant on Vancouver's third line, yet we already have plenty third liners and not enough second liners.

Regardless I do not want to see our first pick used in such a way to acquire a third liner and a question mark that was rushed into the NHL (i.e., Bailey)

& with Dallas, we would give up way too much for Ryder.

StringerBell 01-19-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 57892071)
What's the latest on Schroeder? I know our pick from that draft (Glennie) has been a colossal bust, is Schroeder in the same boat or does he at least have a glimmer of hope remaining?

He made the team but had to be sent back down to the AHL because management was worried they'd lose a depth guy on waivers. He's expected to be back up on Wednesday.

CanuckInAlberta 01-19-2013 09:02 PM

No thanks from Vancouver

Seatoo 01-19-2013 09:11 PM

I'd do the first deal in a heart beat. No thanks to the 2nd if the 1st is involved, I'd rather give prospect or 2

Mr Misty 01-19-2013 09:19 PM

The Stars can do better than that for Ryder if they are selling.

Vankiller Whale 01-19-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 57904229)
The Stars can do better than that for Ryder if they are selling.

Originally the offer included Schroeder, I think.

The deal as is I would do, but I'm sure Dallas wouldn't.

Arpi3080 01-19-2013 09:39 PM

How about Ryder+1st or 2nd for Bieksa?

Vankiller Whale 01-19-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpi3080 (Post 57907127)
How about Ryder+1st or 2nd for Bieksa?

Vancouver's top-4 right now is basically untouchable. Edler was just re-signed, and everyone else has NTCs. I don't think Vancuver will be trading any of Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison, or Bieksa any time soon.

Seatoo 01-19-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpi3080 (Post 57907127)
How about Ryder+1st or 2nd for Bieksa?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not even close.

SLAPSHOT723 01-19-2013 10:46 PM

Matt Martin cannot be had.

LatvianTwist 01-19-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IKEA (Post 57892383)
You're probably thinking of Paul Martin, not Matt Martin. MM's on NYI's roster - he would look brilliant on Vancouver's third line, yet we already have plenty third liners and not enough second liners.

Regardless I do not want to see our first pick used in such a way to acquire a third liner and a question mark that was rushed into the NHL (i.e., Bailey)

& with Dallas, we would give up way too much for Ryder.

:biglaugh:

Dallas hangs up the phone at that offer laughing harder than I am at your last comment.

An average 3rd liner and a 2nd is way too much for a guy who just scored 35 and only costs $3.5M? Are you insane?

EDIT - If you meant he'd cost too much, not this specific offer, my bad.

CREW99AW 01-20-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schiends35 (Post 57890501)
Van trades
Mason raymond
2nd round pick

Dallas trades
Micheal Ryder

Van trades
Ballard
1st round pick

NYI trades
Bailey
Matt martin




Van healthy line up

Twins ryder
Booth kesler burrows
Hansen bailey higgins
Kassian lapierre martin
Malhotra


Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Tanev vandermeer

Scheinds
Luongo

Pretty sick lineup

NYI are not moving Matt Martin to land Ballard, who is a salary dump at this point.

Vankiller Whale 01-20-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 57919149)
:biglaugh:

Dallas hangs up the phone at that offer laughing harder than I am at your last comment.

An average 3rd liner and a 2nd is way too much for a guy who just scored 35 and only costs $3.5M? Are you insane?

EDIT - If you meant he'd cost too much, not this specific offer, my bad.

The original offer included Jordan Schroeder, who's likely going to play 2C for us. Valuewise I think it's close, but while Kesler's out we can't afford to move him, I think.

Riseonfire 01-20-2013 10:45 AM

Serious no from the Isles.

Bailey for Ballard? Maybe.

Martin won't be traded.

startainfection 01-20-2013 01:58 PM

lol matt martin in a trade proposal

TrillMike 01-20-2013 02:10 PM

I think Dallas could get more for Ryder, but I don't think he gets traded.

Bourne Endeavor 01-20-2013 02:35 PM

Dallas would likely want Tanev, Gaunce or simply put, a better player than Raymond has represented himself as.

Long Island backs off but I would counter with Ballard straight for either Bailey or Nielson. Hell, I might add a low pick.

CREW99AW 01-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 57949203)
Dallas would likely want Tanev, Gaunce or simply put, a better player than Raymond has represented himself as.

Long Island backs off but I would counter with Ballard straight for either Bailey or Nielson. Hell, I might add a low pick.

And when Snow is done laughing over the idea of giving up Nielsen, a coaching and front office favorite, for Ballard, he politely hangs up.


Isles may end up turning the page on 23 yr old Bailey this summer because he's still not a consistent secondary scorer and they have cheaper forward prospects, pushing for Bailey's spot.

Frans Nielsen, however, is a different story. No interest in moving Frans.

Bourne Endeavor 01-20-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 57950743)
And when Snow is done laughing over the idea of giving up Nielsen, a coaching and front office favorite, for Ballard, he politely hangs up.


Isles may end up turning the page on 23 yr old Bailey this summer because he's still not a consistent secondary scorer and they have cheaper forward prospects, pushing for Bailey's spot.

Frans Nielsen, however, is a different story. No interest in moving Frans.

For reference sake, a few members of your fanbase brought up he whole Nielsen/Ballard exchange a while back. None said they would necessarily do it but there was discussion.

LotteryForLife* 01-20-2013 10:39 PM

Isles hang up and laugh


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.