HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Youtube: AHL: Rockford vs Grand Rapids Brawl (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327863)

Fel 96 01-19-2013 09:58 PM

AHL: Rockford vs Grand Rapids Brawl

nik jr 01-19-2013 10:11 PM

thanks for your speed with these videos. :handclap:

Hannibal 01-19-2013 10:24 PM

What was the reason of this? A cheapshot?

bud12 01-19-2013 10:51 PM

emotion, something NHL don't have

LimbergCheese 01-19-2013 11:04 PM

Is that from Saturday night? I missed the game! DAMNIT

Nothingman* 01-19-2013 11:30 PM

That....was......AWESOME!

Water Knight 01-20-2013 01:24 AM

A bench clearing brawl during a pink in the rink night.....wow.Thanks for posting.

joe89 01-20-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 57912041)

The teams have a history and hate each other. A boarding on Nyquist in the beginning of the season set the tone. Beach is usually in the middle of it, he's already been suspended once or twice this season and was the instigator this time too.

Big minus for going after the smallest guys on the Griffins, obviously.. I mean, Pare and Fournier?

I loved two skill guys like Tatar and Clendening going at it though. Tatar has had quite a few fights now this year.

Analyzer* 01-20-2013 10:04 AM

Good brawl.

I remember one of the dogs first games of the season how the Grand Rapids announcer was going on about how small the rapids were in comparison to the dogs. They didn't look so "small" in that video.

G51 K81* 01-20-2013 11:10 AM

Bench Clearing Brawl - Grand Rapids vs Rockford

Had some Ex. NHL'ers in it.

Hurt 01-20-2013 11:12 AM

Moved to Hockey Fights, hope the boys over there don't mind because I'm not 100% on their Rules.

McBrom7 01-20-2013 11:15 AM

I feel bad for the refs. How the Hell do you control something like this?

Nolanitis 01-20-2013 11:22 AM

I think it is the pink uniforms. They probably got tired of being ripped on. McCardle is getting a long suspension for sure

newfy 01-20-2013 12:38 PM

Man Kyle Beach is a joke lol always jumping and gooning non fighters. Good on GR to jump on the ice but of course Beach took off and didnt take his lumps like a man. I think the only fair one on one fight in the entire thing was the goalies. All the rest it seems like Mccardle was coming around and throwing a couple sucker punches

I really hope GR gets some goons for the next game and they just send them after Beach

12345* 01-20-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 57912041)

Kyle Beach was pounding a guy on the ice after the Grand Rapids player lost. Since it was a line brawl, the referees weren't around to stop it at middle ice. So Grand Rapids emptied followed by Rockford.

Kyle Beach is a moron.

12345* 01-20-2013 02:30 PM

Black eye for the league. Every player that jumped on the ice should get 20 games.

Homeland Security 01-20-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 57933449)
Moved to Hockey Fights, hope the boys over there don't mind because I'm not 100% on their Rules.

Thanks Hurt!

bud12 01-20-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12345 (Post 57948831)
Black eye for the league. Every player that jumped on the ice should get 20 games.

GOOD FOR THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! every players should get a 10000$ bonus lol

next game between these 2 teams, the arena will be fully loaded

RomersWorld* 01-20-2013 03:52 PM

Just awesome. About time those Grand Rapids players got what was coming to them. They are the biggest whiners and "play innocent" even though they attempt to play dirty and physical.

When I watched the game a while ago on a Griffins' station...the announcers were whining and *****ing about how pathetic the Griffins team was for getting physically dominated and basically punked out. The "tough guys" like Callahan and Grant. Even the announcers were calling them out for letting the Rockford Icehogs destroy them physically and not throw one single hit back. They are WEAK. But they are also SNEAKY. They love to try and play innocent when they get beat down and embarrassed but they usually start everything.

For instance, when Kyle Beach beat the crap out of Landon Ferraro who suckered him and jumped him. That was the most hilarious of all. Landon Ferraro jumps in to instigate with Beach and sucker punches him....then Beach pounds him into oblivion and keeps whaling on the weakling until his arm gets tired from punching his head. Then the announcers say "wow..those refs are ridiculous. They need to protect our player! He can't stand up for himself so the refs need to get in there right away to break it up!"

Then now Kyle Beach gets blamed for beating the crap out of Riley Sheahan who is 6'3 and 215 pounds or whatever. Funny how on the prospects board we hear about how gritty and tough he is and with his size...look out! But yet he gets a beat down and he is the little sister and completely innocent.

Funny how the Griffins goons jump off the bench to come and try to help their helpless little brothers and the Icehogs are the ones being blamed. This whole thing was the Griffins fault for leaving the bench and they took the beatdown that they deserved. That goalie fight was awesome...watching Carter Hutton destroy that dirty, annoying Petr Mrazek. Dude is the whiniest goalie in the AHL and the biggest POS so it was awesome so see him get destroyed.

This beatdown was a long time coming because of the dirty little plays of the Griffins. They like to play possum and they like to claim innocent(well they don't...the fans do) but anyone who has watched every game so far(I have) knows that both teams get under each others skin. The Griffins get physically dominated every match but so what? Does that allow them to pull dirty stunts and play so grimy? I don't think so.

IceHog1962 01-20-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OduyaLaichBoyes (Post 57933599)
I feel bad for the refs. How the Hell do you control something like this?

I was at the game. The refs lost control when they decided to call pretty much everything the IceHogs did and let the Griffins get away with too much. Granted the IceHogs didn't do themselves any favors by shooting the puck at the refs whenever they were clearing the puck from the zone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bud12
GOOD FOR THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! every players should get a 10000$ bonus lol

next game between these 2 teams, the arena will be fully loaded

Can't fit anymore in the BMO Harris Bank Center than last night, it was at capacity.

MonsterSurge 01-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12345 (Post 57948831)

Did you not see everyone standing and cheering?

Anchor Town* 01-20-2013 07:48 PM

Lol @ Kyle Beach, goes from 11th overall in the draft to jumping unsuspecting players in minor league hockey

heusy_79 01-20-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the banks (Post 57972961)
Lol @ Kyle Beach, goes from 11th overall in the draft to jumping unsuspecting players in minor league hockey

You make it sound like the AHL is some upstart single-A caliber league. It's the second best league in the world. Beach is only 23 and still has plenty of time to make the NHL.

Also he didn't jump anyone...he got jumped and then beat the guy senseless.

newfy 01-20-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heusy_79 (Post 57977553)

Also he didn't jump anyone...he got jumped and then beat the guy senseless.

I think you need to rewatch the video lol

newfy 01-20-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomersWorld (Post 57953973)
Does that allow them to pull dirty stunts and play so grimy? I don't think so.

Can you point out one single cheap shot a griffins player has pulled on the ice hogs, I know you love to go on about how dirty the griffins are but I can point out quite a few times the ice hogs have pulled some BS this year.

Theres a reason the ice hogs are leading the league in pims by a substantial margin this year, one of these teams is definitely dirty and it isnt the griffins