HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The "How is _____ doing, I have him on my fantasy team" thread (ALL Fantasy Qs here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327941)

The Nemesis 01-19-2013 11:21 PM

The "How is _____ doing, I have him on my fantasy team" thread (ALL Fantasy Qs here)

If you're on the Sharks board to ask about Sharks players for your fantasy team. Ask here. All threads that are fantasy questions (or thinly veiled fantasy questions) will be merged here. This includes asking about injuries (which should be largely irrelevant as injury report news threads are regularly posted)

to be clear, this thread is for visitors asking about SJ players. Shark board posters with general fantasy questions can use the Fantasy discussion thread or the threads for the various leagues we have running on here.

Tank For Reinhart 01-21-2013 01:13 PM

Brett Burns....IR? What is going on with him!?!?

stalockrox 01-21-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awwufelloff (Post 58018925)
Brett Burns....IR? What is going on with him!?!?

According to the team, it's a lower body injury and he's day to day. He's not on IR right now.

I wouldn't really count on him to play for at least a little while.

HellasLEAF 01-21-2013 03:09 PM

ya same question basically. something is obviously wrong, but nothing is getting said and not getting IR'ed so….

Frustrating.

coolwasabi 01-21-2013 03:24 PM

Ryan Clowe?
Is he on the powerplay? #1 unit or #2?
How's he look in general?

Fistfullofbeer 01-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolwasabi (Post 58028635)
Ryan Clowe?
Is he on the powerplay? #1 unit or #2?
How's he look in general?

Keep him on the bench at this time. I think he was on the #2 PP unit but he looks pretty rusty right now.

209 01-21-2013 03:29 PM

Clowe is Unit #2. And slower than stuck in cement

AbsolonMoreau* 01-21-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douglasmacarthur (Post 58031819)
Is Niemi starting or Nittymaki?

Wait what? Niemi is starting, Greiss is the back-up and Niittymaki is in Finland.

CBJenga 01-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douglasmacarthur (Post 58031819)
is niemi starting or nittymaki?

let's do the time warp again!!!!!

HellasLEAF 01-23-2013 12:22 AM

Seriously is there nothing at all on Burns? it's just bizarre...

TheJuxtaposer 01-23-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellasLEAF (Post 58143603)
Seriously is there nothing at all on Burns? it's just bizarre...

We're just as confused. He's not on the IR, but he's not skating. We're convinced it's an off-ice issue.

RespectYourEdlers 01-23-2013 01:25 AM

Do you guys think I should just drop him(Burns) and pick up another defender? Or should I wait a week or two and see what happens?

TheJuxtaposer 01-23-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RespectYourEdlers (Post 58145133)
Do you guys think I should just drop him(Burns) and pick up another defender? Or should I wait a week or two and see what happens?

Honestly, I have a bad feeling. Wait a day or two: If (when, in reality) the Sharks sign Gomez, they'll need to make a roster spot. I think that move will be putting Burns on the IR. If not, then drop him.

Negatively Positive 01-23-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Do you guys think I should just drop him and pick up another defender? Or should I wait a week or two and see what happens?

I think he's been travelling with the team and the season isn't even a week old. You shouldn't drop a top 20 d-man that quickly. Hell, he's even listed on the roster for some reason while an injured guy like Demers isn't on the roster. If he's out for the year, I don't see why he'd be on the roster.

magic school bus 01-23-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

I would wait at least until the weekend because we really don't know much. I'm not sure how deep your league is (which affects Burns' value), but he's such a talented guy that I wouldn't want to risk losing him on waivers. Maybe there will be more info out by then and you'll feel more confident about the decision to keep him or cut him.

WTFetus 01-23-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup (Post 58145211)
Hell, he's even listed on the roster for some reason while an injured guy like Demers isn't on the roster. .

Demers isn't on the roster because he didn't pass the team physical due to his broken wrist. I assume Burns was healthy enough to pass his physical, but not healthy enough to play yet (hence the day-to-day timetable).

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 58145209)
Honestly, I have a bad feeling. Wait a day or two: If (when, in reality) the Sharks sign Gomez, they'll need to make a roster spot. I think that move will be putting Burns on the IR. If not, then drop him.

Or sending down McLaren.

TheJuxtaposer 01-23-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 58145281)
Or sending down McLaren.

Don't underestimate the Sharks org's love affair with McLaren. I sometimes think they forget his first name isn't Kyle.

RespectYourEdlers 01-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup (Post 58145211)
I think he's been travelling with the team and the season isn't even a week old. You shouldn't drop a top 20 d-man that quickly. Hell, he's even listed on the roster for some reason while an injured guy like Demers isn't on the roster. If he's out for the year, I don't see why he'd be on the roster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58145251)
I would wait at least until the weekend because we really don't know much. I'm not sure how deep your league is (which affects Burns' value), but he's such a talented guy that I wouldn't want to risk losing him on waivers. Maybe there will be more info out by then and you'll feel more confident about the decision to keep him or cut him.

Quote:

Thanks for the replies. He's a great dman and there's no harm in keeping him on my roster for another week two(hopefully some information will be released by then). I hope he gets healthy for both your team and my fantasy pool! :P

slocal 01-23-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quite right on that one, Jux

SactoShark 01-23-2013 04:22 PM

:cry:

http://i.imgur.com/quKQXqc.png

JayP812 01-23-2013 09:50 PM

Yahoo! Fantasy even reports that the Sharks put him on IR, but still list him as DTD, making Burnzie owners with open IR slots like me remain unable to find a short-term replacement. Why is this?

The Nemesis 01-23-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 58201937)
Yahoo! Fantasy even reports that the Sharks put him on IR, but still list him as DTD, making Burnzie owners with open IR slots like me remain unable to find a short-term replacement. Why is this?

it can sometimes take a day before Yahoo updates their player database for things like IR placement.

Squeeven 01-24-2013 11:21 AM

If any of you guys could reply to this thread it would really help me out and be much appreciated. Thanks

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...3#post58227713

Dr Cox 01-25-2013 03:37 PM

Hey guys and gals, was wondering what everyone thought of Justin Braun, the player he is today, any upside he might have and what kind of opportunity will he get to play a bigger role on the Sharks.

I have the option of picking him up relatively cheaply in my keeper league and he will be an investment for my farm and the future.

TheJuxtaposer 01-25-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Cox (Post 58325987)
Hey guys and gals, was wondering what everyone thought of Justin Braun, the player he is today, any upside he might have and what kind of opportunity will he get to play a bigger role on the Sharks.

I have the option of picking him up relatively cheaply in my keeper league and he will be an investment for my farm and the future.

He's not worth it as a fantasy player. IRL he's a great kid, solid defensively, strong skater, smart, decent offense (like 25 points). But he's not going to put up PIMs or significant offense.