HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1327949)

Qubax 01-19-2013 11:49 PM

Genious: Sami V hype train. Sing along here!

How serious is Vatanen's injury?

Is he on the IR?

Is he going to be sent down when healthy?

Paul4587 01-20-2013 12:13 AM

He is on the IR and IIRC is about 1-2 weeks away. I'd say there's a 90% chance he goes back down when he's healthy.

eenok* 01-20-2013 05:51 AM

not true. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when hes healthy.

this is important..please read: vatanen was in the AHL because NHL WAS OFF earlier! now when season has started vatanen IS A DUCK. anaheim knows this guys quality and stuff and he DIDNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING while surfing some in the AHL. this guy is gonna be huge in anaheim right from first game. never more AHL trust me

vatanen, anaheim ducks..deal with it and sing his name along! :yo:

mightyquack 01-20-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenok (Post 57926069)
not true. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when hes healthy.

this is important..please read: vatanen was in the AHL because NHL WAS OFF earlier! now when season has started vatanen IS A DUCK. anaheim knows this guys quality and stuff and he DIDNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING while surfing some in the AHL. this guy is gonna be huge in anaheim right from first game. never more AHL trust me

Disgruntled Goat 01-20-2013 06:59 AM

Yeah Paul, quit trolling everyone :sarcasm:

Duck Off 01-20-2013 09:05 AM

He will go back to AHL once he's healthy and will be first call up.

KelVarnsen 01-20-2013 09:14 AM

AHL when healthy. Still needs some work on the NA ice.

Admiral Al 01-20-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenok (Post 57926069)
not true. obvious troll. ive read several sources of interviews done by finnish reporters who know and have reported that vatanen will have a major part of this team when hes healthy.

I think Sami has a ton of offensive upside, As I also think Cam Fowler has a ton of offensive ability, Iwas wondering who should the Ducks play once Sami is healthy? I see that Fowler isnt playing either

mightyquack 01-20-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Al (Post 57933867)
I think Sami has a ton of offensive upside, As I also think Cam Fowler has a ton of offensive ability, Iwas wondering who should the Ducks play once Sami is healthy? I see that Fowler isnt playing either

Fowler's ill.

Sojourn 01-20-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Al (Post 57933867)

Fowler has the flu. In regards to your question, there is no question: Fowler is the easy choice. He is well ahead of Vatanen at this point.

The problem for Vatanen is that he has zero NHL experience, and is still fairly one-dimensional. Furthermore, Anaheim's blue line looks pretty set. Excluding injuries, where does he fit? I just don't see a place for him in the line-up at the moment(barring a trade), and I think we can all agree that it would be wasteful to make him our 7th D.

Hockey Duckie 01-20-2013 01:14 PM

Yeah. It would be a waste of Vatanen's talent to keeping the bench warm as opposed to receiving top pairing minutes down in the AHL. Especially when we had that discussion about how defensemen need to acclimate to the NA ice and once they acclimate, they have to improve their skills on said ice. There is no real need to bring up Vatanen, but it's a good move by the org to keep Vatanen up with the NHL club with NHL facilities and staff. Heck, the ability to focus on NHL defensive play mentally with a coach or a Scotty is a valuable learning experience. With hopes that it can translate down at the AHL.

eenok* 01-20-2013 01:28 PM

vatanen WILL PLAY FOR ANAHEIM as soon as he is helthy. the coaches have decided this long time ago. he will be given a keerole. PP and lots of icetime. trust me

ShadowDuck 01-20-2013 01:38 PM

Um yeah, that has not been decided lol.

The coaches love him but he's far from what you're saying.

mightyquack 01-20-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenok (Post 57943545)
vatanen WILL PLAY FOR ANAHEIM as soon as he is helthy. the coaches have decided this long time ago. he will be given a keerole. PP and lots of icetime. trust me

shoo

Paul4587 01-20-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenok (Post 57943545)

So who does he replace then? We already have 6 NHL caliber guys, which one sits?

JabbaJabba 01-20-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul4587 (Post 57947761)
So who does he replace then? We already have 6 NHL caliber guys, which one sits?

Probably Sbisa. According to eenok he destroys every team he's on.

DaDucks 01-20-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabbaJabba (Post 57953283)
Probably Sbisa. According to eenok he destroys every team he's on.

Don't knock the eenok

bumperkisser 01-20-2013 04:00 PM

lol no. vatanen is not cracking our roster right now. there is absolutely NO NEED for him to. give him 1st line minutes in the AHL.

once fowler comes back we're set. those 3 d pairings are solid

Sojourn 01-20-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumperkisser (Post 57954441)
lol no. vatanen is not cracking our roster right now. there is absolutely NO NEED for him to. give him 1st line minutes in the AHL.

once fowler comes back we're set. those 3 d pairings are solid

I think that Vatanen's best shot at getting some game time would have been last night, with Fowler out sick. Considering Fowler's attributes, it seems to me that Vatanen would have made more sense than Hendry to help make up for the loss of Fowler, since puck movement and offense is really where Vatanen's strengths lie.

Of course, with Vatanen injured that wasn't going to happen, but I think that would have been the type of situation where I believe we'd have seen Vatanen get some ice time.

Eddie Shack 01-20-2013 07:46 PM

I'm not so sure Vatanen would even be with the team now if he weren't hurt. Being injured, they brought him to camp for the experience, not to make the team. Since he can't yet play, he might as well hang with the big dogs since he's already here. If he had been healthy he would have been sent back to Norfolk at the end of camp.

satchmo 01-21-2013 11:16 AM

They aint sending him to AHL. If they do, he should pack his bags and go to KHL, where he will dominate on the bigger ice and make more money.

JabbaJabba 01-21-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchmo (Post 58011689)
They aint sending him to AHL. If they do, he should pack his bags and go to KHL, where he will dominate on the bigger ice and make more money.

Omg, are you eenok's brother? :facepalm:

Vipers31 01-21-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satchmo (Post 58011689)

He has a contract in the NHL. Even if he packed his bags, he would be suspended for play in the KHL. Whatever the Ducks' plan for him is, he has committed to it and will have to work through it. But who am I telling, Sami most certainly already knows that.

AngelDuck 01-21-2013 12:37 PM

Sami sure does have a lot of fans...

Eddie Shack 01-21-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 58016609)
Sami sure does have a lot of fans...

or family. ;)