HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   GDT: GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers - 6 p.m Sportsnet (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328003)

Zombotron 01-20-2013 02:03 AM

GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers - 6 p.m Sportsnet
 

TBIF 01-20-2013 02:05 AM

Can only get better!


1st Period: 1-0 Canucks

Edler looking great, good defensive play which leads to his own goal
Hansen looks good with the Sedins on the powerplay
PP1 looks good, Garrison has a rocket.
Luongo looking sharp, bailing out the D at times.
Volpatti impressive, as is the rest of the 4th line.


Ballard:banghead:


2nd Period: 2-1 Canucks

Kass looking good, gets the goal with the Sedins.
Luongo staying sharp
Tanev shot the puck!!!
Weise hitting everything and no one.

Eberle with a great back hander

FloydTheBarber 01-20-2013 02:05 AM

I was told by my fellow Oilers fan this is the reincarnation of the 80's dynasty Oilers.

We need some massive help tomorrow.

Gentle Jake Virtanen 01-20-2013 02:06 AM

nice gdt. Oilers win 8-1
You guys had a rough night so we'll go easy on you.

CCF23 01-20-2013 02:06 AM

Expecting a much better effort from the D.

Taelin 01-20-2013 02:07 AM

Praying for a bounce-back game!

Nuckles 01-20-2013 02:09 AM

Nucks lose 16-1.
Andrew Ebbett with the only Canucks goal, it goes in off his back. Ebbett becomes the new Rome, AV never takes him out of the top 6.

Canucks go into full rebuild.
AV gets fired.
Gillis resigns.
Brian Burke becomes GM.
Ticket prices continue to rise.

:sarcasm:
I can only hope for Schneider and the Canucks to rebound.

LiquidSnake 01-20-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber (Post 57923659)
I was told by my fellow Oilers fan this is the reincarnation of the 80's dynasty Oilers.

We need some massive help tomorrow.

Yes. 80s dynasty Oilers. Complete with 200 point Gretzky. :laugh:

FloydTheBarber 01-20-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 57923759)
Nucks lose 16-1.
Andrew Ebbett with the only Canucks goal, it goes in off his back. Ebbett becomes the new Rome, AV never takes him out of the top 6.

Canucks go into full rebuild.
AV gets fired.
Gillis resigns.
Brian Burke becomes GM.
Ticket prices continue to rise.

:sarcasm:
I can only hope for Schneider and the Canucks to rebound.

You forgot one thing, DJ Dave keeps the same playlist sans one top 40 hit that a 12 year old from CDC recommended, for our goal song.

pahlsson 01-20-2013 02:12 AM

hmm was hoping to skip this one but i just realized the pats ravens game starts at like 3, guess i have to watch

Samzilla 01-20-2013 02:15 AM

After today, I don't know what to expect. I hope this current lineup can find a way to gel and do so quickly. Ain't nothing wrong with playing the trap until we have a 2nd line. Winnning is exciting, who cares the style in which we we do it.

Moore Money 01-20-2013 02:16 AM

the Canucks might have the worst 2nd line in the league. actually I know they do.

Steve Bennett* 01-20-2013 02:20 AM

Canucks win 12-0

1st period

0:58 Edler (Garrison Luongo)
1:19 Edler (Luongo Garrison)
1:50 Burrows (unassisted)

2nd quarter

2:30 Volpatti (Weise Ballard)
2:37 Weise (Lapierre Tanev)
10:11 Burrows (D Sedin, H Sedin)
12:59 Edler (Garrison Luongo)
16:11 Garrison (Luongo Edler)
19:51 Luongo (Edler Garrison)

3rd half

3 more goals

Respect Your Edler 01-20-2013 02:23 AM

Seeing Cooke there made me laugh.

crazy Kassian 01-20-2013 02:23 AM

awesome GDT

I predict Yakupov will score 6 pts. A goal on his first shift and another sick one in the third period. Will finish with 3 goals and 3 assists to show who's boss between Tarasenko and Huberdeau

Nuckles 01-20-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bennett (Post 57923979)
Canucks win 12-0

1st period

0:58 Edler (Garrison Luongo)
1:19 Edler (Luongo Garrison)
1:50 Burrows (unassisted)

2nd quarter

2:30 Volpatti (Weise Ballard)
2:37 Weise (Lapierre Tanev)
10:11 Burrows (D Sedin, H Sedin)
12:59 Edler (Garrison Luongo)
16:11 Garrison (Luongo Edler)
19:51 Luongo (Edler Garrison)

3rd half

3 more goals

Dude...seriously? That's just unrealistic.
Volpatti getting a goal AND Ballard getting an assist in the same play?!
Stop daydreaming.

The rest looks good though.

Kesler is Bestler 01-20-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber (Post 57923659)
I was told by my fellow Oilers fan this is the reincarnation of the 80's dynasty Oilers.

We need some massive help tomorrow.

Oh lawd. :help:

aandbreatheme 01-20-2013 02:27 AM

Don't think I can take another game like today's. Please win.

Hammer79 01-20-2013 02:27 AM

I'd start Luongo and go back to Schneider for Wednesday. Give Schneider a chance to calm down. We've got depth in the position, might as well use it while we have it.

Orca Smash 01-20-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoolChamp (Post 57923921)
the Canucks might have the worst 2nd line in the league. actually I know they do.

We do.

mossey3535 01-20-2013 02:32 AM

Just one game. I'm a forever luongo fan and if he got his starting job back I wouldn't mind.

Having said that, I have a lot of faith in Schneider too. If AV is serious about going with him as a starter he absolutely needs to start against Edmonton.

LiquidSnake 01-20-2013 02:33 AM

I dont care much about Schultz because he owes Vancouver nothing but I am hoping that they smoke the living **** out of Hall and Yakupov. Within the rules.

I dont mind Eberle and like RNH. It's Hall's diving and the cockiness of Yakupov, even after winning a ****in bronze medal that make me hate him.

And the constant and false comparisons of him and Bure. Give me a break. Not even remotely in the same realm as Bure. He's as close to Bure as RNH is to Gretzky.

Bourne Endeavor 01-20-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samzilla (Post 57923883)
After today, I don't know what to expect. I hope this current lineup can find a way to gel and do so quickly. Ain't nothing wrong with playing the trap until we have a 2nd line. Winnning is exciting, who cares the style in which we we do it.

Tis debating. The trap that monotonous, I'd rather lose. There ought to be a middle ground between overly offensively and coma inducing defensive.

serge2k 01-20-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer79 (Post 57924143)
I'd start Luongo and go back to Schneider for Wednesday. Give Schneider a chance to calm down. We've got depth in the position, might as well use it while we have it.

Let the number one bounce back.

AndyPipkin 01-20-2013 02:40 AM

Bounce back game please :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.