HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Andersson Appreciation Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328077)

Icelevel 01-20-2013 10:23 AM

Andersson Appreciation Thread

Let's start this off right.

Andersson has been our MVP (IMO)since he's been here and he was again in our first game this season. Andersson just got us 2 pts in a game where almost everyone had more mistakes than you want to see (except andersson).

He was solid and consistent the whole game. The one goal was unstoppable.

Give this guy the respect he deserves. Andersson gives us a chance. His confidence emanates from the backend and boosts every other guy on the team.

Thank you Andy. :yo:

Beville 01-20-2013 10:24 AM

Andy for Vezina.

Madskillz65 01-20-2013 10:24 AM

I can't stop spelling his name Andersson, for no reason.

Karl Cowensson 01-20-2013 10:26 AM

Hopefully the first of many solid games. Didn't look out of step at all, that off season training certainly seems to have been great for him.

Scrub 01-20-2013 10:27 AM

People wanted Lehner to start game 1 :p:

OMadahey 01-20-2013 10:28 AM

This trade deadline is going to get very interesting if Andy keeps playing beast . But good 1st game for him. Its like he came straight out of the playoffs

sg58 01-20-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelevel (Post 57929299)
Let's start this off right.

Anderson has been our MVP since he's been here

What? Are you serious?

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelfie (Post 57929409)

I don't know if there was a situation where Lehner wouldn't have stopped the puck in this game where Andy did. It's not like he had to stand on his head. He was solid, mistake-free, which is always great.

trobby 01-20-2013 10:47 AM

He was a little off the 1st period, and got some luck with the 2 posts, but the whole team settled down about half way through the game.

He played well.

Icelevel 01-20-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffeG (Post 57929749)
What? Are you serious?

yes. spezza and karlsson do not play mistake free hockey and give us a chance to win every night. they don't have the same effect on the rest of the team as anderson does.

The playoffs are the games that matter. Anderson was as good as Lundqvist in that round. In my opinion he was our best player in those games. He's also the #1 reason we got there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffeG (Post 57929749)

I don't know if there was a situation where Lehner wouldn't have stopped the puck in this game where Andy did. It's not like he had to stand on his head. He was solid, mistake-free, which is always great.

what we do know is that andy did make the stops.

If you put karlsson or spezza on the maple leafs do they make the playoffs? probably not.
If you put anderson on the maple leafs, do they make the playoffs? probably

NyQuil 01-20-2013 10:57 AM

Anderson has done everything he's been asked to do since arriving in Ottawa.

He's given the Senators a chance to compete in nearly every game that he plays.

What's nice is that he comes up with big stops at key points in the game, like when the game was 1-1, and Ottawa was under significant pressure.

CarknerCountry 01-20-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icelevel (Post 57930189)
yes. spezza and karlsson do not play mistake free hockey and give us a chance to win every night. they don't have the same effect on the rest of the team as anderson does.

The playoffs are the games that matter. Anderson was as good as Lundqvist in that round. In my opinion he was our best player in those games. He's also the #1 reason we got there.

what we do know is that andy did make the stops.

If you put karlsson or spezza on the maple leafs do they make the playoffs? probably not.
If you put anderson on the maple leafs, do they make the playoffs? probably

WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the Leafs...Anderson is not this teams MVP..Question for you. Who would be a bigger lose on this team Karlsson,Spezza or Anderson..

I would say Karlsson then Spezza then Anderson...Don't get me wrong Anderson is a big piece for the Sens..But lets not get carried away here..

Icelevel 01-20-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarknerCountry (Post 57930711)
WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about the Leafs...Anderson is not this teams MVP..Question for you. Who would be a bigger lose on this team Karlsson,Spezza or Anderson..

I would say Karlsson then Spezza then Anderson...Don't get me wrong Anderson is a big piece for the Sens..But lets not get carried away here..

That's only because we have lehner. I'm not talking about positional depth.
Everyone can have their opinion. It wasn't meant to be an argument here. I'll change the op.

Dysentery 01-20-2013 11:24 AM

The thing with Anderson is, hes a leader on the ice. He's always talking/yelling/directing the defenceman. He lets them know how much pressure, who to cover, how much time remaining in game/pk. All goalies must do this, but Anderson is exceptional at it.

Qward 01-20-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madskillz65 (Post 57929337)
I can't stop spelling his name Andersson, for no reason.

The Swedes are taking over...

coladin 01-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelfie (Post 57929409)

I did and only because he was playing. After the anthems when they said that Pavelec was playing Czech I thought we were going to lose and Buff's blast was tough to stop regardless of who was in net. But Pavelec is not Anderson that's for sure!

Great, pivotal game for Andy to win as he did with some tough saves to boot.

Ibrahim 01-20-2013 12:53 PM

MainDotC 01-20-2013 01:00 PM

I agree Andersson is our MVP. I'm really disgusted by everyone pushing for Lehner to start when we have a veteran who played his heart out for us last year and is under contract for two more seasons. The last thing I'd want is some kid between the pipes. I got nothing wrong with him splitting time w/ Lehner in his 4th season but for right now he's our #1. And frankly if he plays well enough that we either get deep or win the cup I don't see a reason to send him packing.

dzingelalltheway 01-20-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 57936519)
I agree Andersson is our MVP. I'm really disgusted by everyone pushing for Lehner to start when we have a veteran who played his heart out for us last year and is under contract for two more seasons. The last thing I'd want is some kid between the pipes. I got nothing wrong with him splitting time w/ Lehner in his 4th season but for right now he's our #1. And frankly if he plays well enough that we either get deep or win the cup I don't see a reason to send him packing.

Agreed, Main. Lehner may have "paid his dues," so to speak, but it doesn't mean he's given the job. Anderson is paid to be our number one goalie, and so far he's been everything we can ask of him. There's absolutely no reason to replace him at the moment.

PeterSidorkiewicz 01-20-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLOVEkubasTUBA (Post 57930071)
He was a little off the 1st period, and got some luck with the 2 posts, but the whole team settled down about half way through the game.

He played well.

Luck, or perfect positioning?

HavlatMach9 01-20-2013 01:58 PM

Andy stops us from losing, which allows Ek/Spezza to win for us.

Inf4mous0ne 01-20-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaindotC (Post 57936519)

This

koreaboy 01-20-2013 07:31 PM

I'll say this. When I went to the open practices and watched all three goalies practice, Anderson was clearly the most polished of the three. He moved more efficiently, was smoother in and out of his butterfly, was a sharper, more precise skater, he just looked the most professional of the three. He's not 6'4 or taller like the other two, but he's clearly the most professional out of those three. I think the work he did with allaire over the lockout helped him. I wouldn't be in a big hurry to trade him if I were Murray. I am very confident with him back there. I think he's clearly in the top half of NHL starters, and maybe top third.

ReginKarlssonLehner 01-20-2013 07:34 PM

After the first month last year, Anderson was sporting a .921 or something sv% one of the more underrated goalies in the league, for sure.

saskriders 01-20-2013 07:36 PM

Don't get to attached Lehner is the goalie of the future regardless of how Andy plays

Fenix Rises 2026 01-20-2013 07:40 PM

I would love to roll all three this year and let them fight it out. The games are sandwiched in tight so nobody's going to get too cold. I don't see why we couldn't get away with it this year.