HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Your Defensive Dman to Detroit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328143)

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2013 10:49 AM

Your Defensive Dman to Detroit

What would it cost to get an Orpik, Murray, Gleason, N. Schultz, Scuderi, etc. type defensemen to Detroit. Nobody is off the table except for the obvious Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Smith, Kronwall, Nyquist & Howard.

Rickety Cricket 01-20-2013 11:45 AM

Doesn't make sense for the Sharks at the moment. Braun, Burns and Demers are currently hurt.

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket (Post 57935445)
Doesn't make sense for the Sharks at the moment. Braun, Burns and Demers are currently hurt.

Ah, did not know that. Thanks.

VerySuperFamous 01-20-2013 12:17 PM

What does Miller do? Seems like a good hustle player in games. Decent scoring for a bottom sixer, but is he a good defensively, or a strong skater, ect?

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous (Post 57937811)
What does Miller do? Seems like a good hustle player in games. Decent scoring for a bottom sixer, but is he a good defensively, or a strong skater, ect?

He's pretty much a jack of all trades master of none. He can play well defensively and can chip offensively when needed. He's average skating wise but was one of our main pkers last year. This season he's (outside of Helm) our most valuable bottom sixer and is caught in a numbers game, where we need to get younger forwards up but we can't due to all of the excess forwards we already have.

Kshahdoo 01-20-2013 12:27 PM

Ask what NJ fans want for Volchenkov. I assume he isn't too expensive.

MurrayBannerman 01-20-2013 12:28 PM

Want Montador? :D

bleedblue1223 01-20-2013 12:30 PM

Woywitka ;)

TorstenFrings 01-20-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg (Post 57932253)
What would it cost to get an Orpik, Murray, Gleason, N. Schultz, Scuderi, etc. type defensemen to Detroit. Nobody is off the table except for the obvious Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Smith, Kronwall, Nyquist & Howard.

I love how nobody is off the table except half the team.

Also if your so spooked by one terribad game, the Canes and Kings are probably not in a mood to trade away their good defensive players either.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 01-20-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kshahdoo (Post 57938603)

I'd take a 2nd round pick for Volchenkov and call it a day.

DuckEatinShark 01-20-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket (Post 57935445)

Yep. And if we do happen to sign Gomez, we won't have any major holes on the roster, meaning a deadline trade is unlikely as well.

manilaNJ 01-20-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kshahdoo (Post 57938603)

Assuming he waives his NTC, need a 2nd/3rd line winger.

Volch's value is probably at his lowest right now, I think I'd need to see how he recovers from 1st game rust to judge it fairly.

Viqsi 01-20-2013 12:47 PM

If I were you guys, I would look into picking up Keith Ballard. He seems to be available thanks to the numbers game over there, and Vancouver seems to be looking for patches in the forward corps and picks (which Detroit can theoretically sort of do).

That said, if y'all do that, please hold off until after Monday, kthx. ;)

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 57938895)
I love how nobody is off the table except half the team.

Also if your so spooked by one terribad game, the Canes and Kings are probably not in a mood to trade away their good defensive players either.

Lol, the players listed off would not be traded for anyone that was mentioned, except for maybe Orpik or Gleason (And that player would be Filppula or Franzen). This isn't brought on by one bad game the general feeling for most wings fans was that we needed a good shutdown dman more then anything else, the 6-0 loss just amplified it.

Sideline 01-20-2013 12:57 PM

I think there might be something to be done with Orpik if Despres is really playing well after 20 games.

My guess on the price tag would be Filppula and a draft pick. I leave it to other people to really haggle.

Marlo Stanfield 01-20-2013 12:59 PM

Daley/Robidas in Dallas, Volchenkov/Tallinder from NJ, Komisarek/Franson from Toronto are other options that come to mind.

Seatoo 01-20-2013 01:03 PM

Would Detroit look at something around Ballard for Abdelkader?

KIRK 01-20-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg (Post 57932253)
What would it cost to get an Orpik, Murray, Gleason, N. Schultz, Scuderi, etc. type defensemen to Detroit. Nobody is off the table except for the obvious Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Smith, Kronwall, Nyquist & Howard.

So, for those of us who do not watch the Wings daily, what of value, especially immediate value, is on the table then?

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRK (Post 57943207)
So, for those of us who do not watch the Wings daily, what of value, especially immediate value, is on the table then?

All of our main prospects, Franzen, White, Quincey, all of our bottom 6 guys. I'm not asking for a superstar defensive dman here, all we want/need is guy who is defensively responsible first. And it's not like a 3rd pairing shutdown dman would cost more than a Drew Miller + a pick anyways.

theicebox 01-20-2013 01:29 PM

Paul Martin?

InjuredChoker 01-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seatoo (Post 57941525)
Would Detroit look at something around Ballard for Abdelkader?

Done deal. But I doubt management would trade Abby. Every Hf Wings fan would, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theicebox (Post 57943583)
Paul Martin?

Yeah but I have hard time seeing how we could work something around this.. Martin isn't good enough to give one of our legit top sixers and I don't see Pens wanting anything else than Flip or Franzen.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 01-20-2013 02:11 PM

Volchenkov or Tallinder are more than available.

KIRK 01-20-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 57946271)
Done deal. But I doubt management would trade Abby. Every Hf Wings fan would, lol.

Yeah but I have hard time seeing how we could work something around this.. Martin isn't good enough to give one of our legit top sixers and I don't see Pens wanting anything else than Flip or Franzen.

That's pretty much why you should scratch Orpik off the list too.

wingz rule 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut (Post 57947015)
Volchenkov or Tallinder are more than available.

something around Tallinder and Cleary?

DatsyukToZetterberg 01-20-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRK (Post 57947089)
That's pretty much why you should scratch Orpik off the list too.

I think he meant for Martin. I'd go Franzen for Orpik, but if it was Filppula I'd want a pcik thrown in due to the age difference between them.