HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Speculation: How will the NHL make up for the loss of the All-Star Game? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328241)

ClevelandJacketFan 01-20-2013 12:25 PM

How will the NHL make up for the loss of the All-Star Game?
 
So, now that the season has started and the NHL is back full force, we need to address this. The lockout robbed Columbus of what would have been a lot of revenue and a great opportunity to grow the Columbus market by hosting the all-star game in Columbus.

So how does the NHL make up for it? How do you want them to make it up to us? Another All-Star game? Winter Classic game? NHL Draft?

Fro 01-20-2013 12:27 PM

2015 we should get the ASG again

1857 Howitzer 01-20-2013 12:34 PM

The one thing that bugs me is that they have all ready said the Winter Classic will be back in Detroit, but not one word about the ASG. I do not know why they can't come out and say Columbus will get the next one be it 14 or 15.

blahblah 01-20-2013 12:40 PM

I'm not interested in retribution. That is playing the victim card. We'll get the all-star game down the road. It is what it is. There were many people affected during the lock out, we're nothing special.

VandyBuck 01-20-2013 12:46 PM

I'd rather have the winter classic than the all-star game. It would be a spectacle that would draw more eyes (and bodies) to Columbus. Detroit v. CBJ in the Shoe would be terrific.

Samkow 01-20-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan (Post 57938433)
So, now that the season has started and the NHL is back full force, we need to address this. The lockout robbed Columbus of what would have been a lot of revenue and a great opportunity to grow the Columbus market by hosting the all-star game in Columbus.

So how does the NHL make up for it? How do you want them to make it up to us? Another All-Star game? Winter Classic game? NHL Draft?

You make it sound like one of the goals of the lockout was to screw Columbus out of the all-star game. Carry the persecution complex!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer (Post 57939089)
The one thing that bugs me is that they have all ready said the Winter Classic will be back in Detroit, but not one word about the ASG. I do not know why they can't come out and say Columbus will get the next one be it 14 or 15.

Maybe they're finally going to get rid of this overrated event?

Anyways, Toronto has the centennial anniversary of their franchise coming up. I've heard they want an All-Star Game, ala Montreal in 2009. Wouldn't surprise me if we got bumped to 2016.

Byrral 01-20-2013 12:49 PM

The league doesn't owe us anything nor do I expect them to do anything to "make it up to us."

1857 Howitzer 01-20-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 57940203)
You make it sound like one of the goals of the lockout was to screw Columbus out of the all-star game. Carry the persecution complex!



Maybe they're finally going to get rid of this overrated event?

Anyways, Toronto has the centennial anniversary of their franchise coming up. I've heard they want an All-Star Game, ala Montreal in 2009. Wouldn't surprise me if we got bumped to 2016.

Screw their 100th anniversary, it's the Jackets 15th!

BlueJacket2 01-20-2013 01:36 PM

What will the league do? If you ask this question. How about, what will the league do for giving EDM the 1st overall?



The league will give us one of the first two open years.

Although I have always wanted a game at the shoe with Detroit.

Mayor Bee 01-20-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 57940203)
Anyways, Toronto has the centennial anniversary of their franchise coming up. I've heard they want an All-Star Game, ala Montreal in 2009. Wouldn't surprise me if we got bumped to 2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer (Post 57943705)
Screw their 100th anniversary, it's the Jackets 15th!

Toronto's 100th anniversary would be either 2016-17 or 2017-18. Unless they're making demands on the NHL that they hold the draft, All-Star Game, and Winter Classic in three separate years, I don't really see how they'd have standing to take 2015 and claim it as part of their festivities.

1857 Howitzer 01-20-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 57944423)
Toronto's 100th anniversary would be either 2016-17 or 2017-18. Unless they're making demands on the NHL that they hold the draft, All-Star Game, and Winter Classic in three separate years, I don't really see how they'd have standing to take 2015 and claim it as part of their festivities.

Good, but still screw them! :sarcasm:

Samkow 01-20-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 57944423)
Toronto's 100th anniversary would be either 2016-17 or 2017-18. Unless they're making demands on the NHL that they hold the draft, All-Star Game, and Winter Classic in three separate years, I don't really see how they'd have standing to take 2015 and claim it as part of their festivities.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...eafs_100years/

Seems to be exactly what they're trying to do.

2015 All-Star Game. 2016 Draft. 2017 Winter Classic?

CalBuckeyeRob 01-20-2013 01:56 PM

First overall pick the next 2 seasons should make up for it

1857 Howitzer 01-20-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 57944571)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...eafs_100years/

Seems to be exactly what they're trying to do.

2015 All-Star Game. 2016 Draft. 2017 Winter Classic?

They're all ready in the 2014 WC. How much attention do they need? Maybe they should focus on not sucking over the next 4 years to celebrate their 100th?

Sore Loser 01-20-2013 02:22 PM

The reason nothing has been announced yet is because they have yet to negotiate with the IIHF on next year's winter Olympics. Once they figure out whether or not they're sending players to the Olympics, they will announce whether or not there is an all-star game. If there is, we will get it - if not, don't be surprised if it's swept under the mat and "forgotten about" until after Toronto has had their turn.

ClevelandJacketFan 01-20-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 57940203)
You make it sound like one of the goals of the lockout was to screw Columbus out of the all-star game. Carry the persecution complex!

That was not my intent.

One of the unfortunate problems with the lockout is that we lost the All-Star game. It would seem quite unfair if Columbus didn't get another big event to host since it was robbed of the last one.

leesmith 01-20-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan (Post 57949147)
That was not my intent.

One of the unfortunate problems with the lockout is that we lost the All-Star game. It would seem quite unfair if Columbus didn't get another big event to host since it was robbed of the last one.

I'd happily settle for the Stanley Cup Finals. :sarcasm:

Mayor Bee 01-20-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 57944571)
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...eafs_100years/

Seems to be exactly what they're trying to do.

2015 All-Star Game. 2016 Draft. 2017 Winter Classic?

Seems like it'd made more sense to go WC, Draft, ASG.

Of course, it's Toronto, so frankly nothing makes sense.

candyman82 01-20-2013 03:56 PM

They will give us the head of Jeff Carter

JacketFanInFL 01-20-2013 04:14 PM

Absolutely nothing.

Give us the 2015 ASG and let's all move on.

Stretch Factor 01-20-2013 06:06 PM

Give me one properly "weighted" ping pong ball on draft lottery day and they can keep the ASG.

Sore Loser 01-20-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 57954207)
They will give us the head of Jeff Carter

Not worth it, unless they include a video of how they retrieved his head ... and preferably, it includes him being bludgeoned to death with groin shots.

hip check 01-20-2013 06:39 PM

Mark all 2012 ASG t-shirts and hats down 75%.

1857 Howitzer 01-20-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 57954207)
They will give us the head of Jeff Carter

An in person apology to all Jackets fans from center ice at NWA on fee puck night would work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hip check (Post 57965783)
Mark all 2012 ASG t-shirts and hats down 75%.

Only 75%? :sarcasm: Dicks had some for $2.95 a couple of weeks ago and the Blue Line pulled everything off their shelves.

CBJBrassard16 01-20-2013 06:52 PM

2015 ASG and Nate MacKinnon


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.