HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Flyers vs Buffalo refereeing discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328365)

Krishna 01-20-2013 02:12 PM

Flyers vs Buffalo refereeing discussion

The goaltending in the buffalo and Philadelphia game has been beyond terrible in this game.

2 waived off goals when they were clear goals

Terrible penalty calls lead to the Sabres' goals

Terrible showing

YuioIklo 01-20-2013 02:13 PM

I was about to make a thread for the same reason. It's a disgrace to the NHL. These refs are HORRIBLE.

CJV123 01-20-2013 02:13 PM

outrageous homer whistle at the end there- refs trying to help the sabres. it's like we're watching the WWE.

PatriceBergeronFan 01-20-2013 02:13 PM

The refs were very bad in your game especially against the Flyers, but we're used to that now. Flyers still should have won.

bennysflyers16 01-20-2013 02:14 PM

2 perfect goals disallowed against Flyers. Lol. Replacement refs in nfl got nothing on NHL.

KnightofBoston 01-20-2013 02:14 PM

Don't blame the refs, blame miller for being a crybaby and milking every G-Interference call that he possibly can

SMantzas 01-20-2013 02:14 PM

How about killing a penalty lol?

Crede777 01-20-2013 02:15 PM

Thread took longer than I thought it would after that early whistle.

HF I am disappoint.

CJV123 01-20-2013 02:15 PM

the puck never disappeared on the last whistle- he blew his whistle because he saw it going over the line. the official fixed the game at the end.

TheJudge 01-20-2013 02:15 PM

Was some pretty brutal reffing. It's always annoying when the refs poor judgement influences the outcome of a game.

Roo Mad Bro 01-20-2013 02:16 PM

2 disallowed goals that clearly should have counted.

flyersfan018 01-20-2013 02:16 PM

Hate when people complain about reffing but come on.....enough is enough. That was pathetic.

Weakside Lock 01-20-2013 02:17 PM

I can understand the call in the final minute when the potential goal was waived off. The ref lost track of the puck (for some reason) and blew the whistle (even though he was late in doing).

However, the call on Fedotenko was brutal. I usually advocate for the protection of goalies, but not in this case. Miller was out of his crease and the contact was suspect. A momentum killer for the Flyers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofBoston (Post 57947339)
Don't blame the refs, blame miller for being a crybaby and milking every G-Interference call that he possibly can

I wonder why...

The scenario today (Fedotenko) was a joke, but he gets abused by guys seemingly every game.

The Cheat 01-20-2013 02:17 PM

Oh look. It's this thread again.

Obviously it's Bryz's fault, amirite?

PuckSim8 01-20-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

It looked more like he kinda lost his sense of where the puck was and lost his balance trying to get deep in the net, I don't really think he was trying to sell anything there.

Reffing was bad both ways and it was definitely a bad break for the flyers that it went against them on the two goal calls because at the least the first one should have been.

The second one didn't look like it crossed the line at first when the whistle went, even though it was poked in after play had stopped.

Flyers fans have a right to be upset though, I'd be upset if those kind of calls went against the Sabres (as they usually do) but it all evens out by the end of a season.

ayshplaysh 01-20-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miroslav Klose (Post 57947447)
Why is it only Flyers fans that consistently complain that the refs have some secret plan/conspiracy to harm Philadelphia? It's kind of ridiculous. If your team plays good enough, you could have won. You allowed 5 goals against Buffalo.. that's not good enough if you want to win.

Remove the EN and add in the two disallowed goals and we have a tie game right now.

Shrimper 01-20-2013 02:18 PM

They were both weak calls but it depends on what the view of the referee was. If he lost track of the puck then he might thought something untoward had happened and gave Buffalo the benefit of the doubt. Philadelphia should've done better on their PK's though.

BringBackStevens 01-20-2013 02:18 PM

There were some bad calls in our favor,too.

The team still did not play great, didn't deserve to win

But it sucks that NHL fans have to consistently put up with such low quality officials year in and year out

WPGNYRFan 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJV123 (Post 57947469)
the puck never disappeared on the last whistle- he blew his whistle because he saw it going over the line. the official fixed the game at the end.

Oh give me a break. Yeah, it sucked but he was on the other side of Miller and saw Miller with his glove on the ice when he lost sight of the puck. He followed the rules, it was a bad break for Philly and you are ridiculous. :help:

Sasso09 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

You didn't watch this obviously.. This is a game in which you absolutely blame the refs, they stole 2 goals from the flyers, miller didn't even embellish anything, the ref just completely blew it.

Schenn Bros Pizza* 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayshplaysh (Post 57947705)
Remove the EN and add in the two disallowed goals and we have a tie game right now.

Don't even respond to that noobie. He didn't even watch the game.

YuioIklo 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miroslav Klose (Post 57947447)
Why is it only Flyers fans that consistently complain that the refs have some secret plan/conspiracy to harm Philadelphia? It's kind of ridiculous. If your team plays good enough, you could have won. You allowed 5 goals against Buffalo.. that's not good enough if you want to win.

I agree about this, there is no conspiracy against us and these "theories" are stupid. However, these refs were definitely awful, and it happens way too often. Incompetence is the problem.

camcool21 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

The Sabres had plenty of bad calls against them. A couple examples include Ott getting called for a dive, when he simply fell, and Hartnell boarding Ennis without a call.

:handclap:

Philly is not the center of the universe. Nobody is out to get you.

Fordy 01-20-2013 02:19 PM

Watched the whole game and nothing really seemed that bad to me.

No one for Philly to blame but themselves. Every time you guys lose it isn't a conspiracy.

Marshall 01-20-2013 02:20 PM

NOW it feels like hockey's back.