HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   OT: HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328469)

Hank Chinaski 01-20-2013 05:06 PM

HF Jets Lounge - No Jokinen in this thread
 
Link to previous thread.

Lynk 01-20-2013 05:06 PM

Off Topic Stuff!

Romang67 01-20-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski (Post 57954527)
We used to have a quote notification feature, but that's been disabled for awhile now.

You can just type your username in the search box and click Show Posts.

Yeah, that works just as well. Thanks!

Hank Chinaski 01-20-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romang67 (Post 57954947)
Yeah, that works just as well. Thanks!

Turns out I was wrong, the quote notification feature is back. Just go to options under your User CP, you should see it there.

Jet 01-20-2013 05:38 PM

Watching the WBS/ Hershey outdoor game right now. Lighting and camera angle are atrocious... big ball drop by the league/ broadcaster.

YWGinYYZ 01-20-2013 05:56 PM

Who's this "Title Pending" guy? Did we trade for someone?

King Woodballs 01-20-2013 09:42 PM

Free nhl centerice on mts tv right now if anyone is interested

Waldo 01-20-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 57978991)
Free nhl centerice on mts tv right now if anyone is interested

What channel is that pls ? My remote barely working. I can't flip thru channels.

YWGinYYZ 01-20-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo (Post 57980481)
What channel is that pls ? My remote barely working. I can't flip thru channels.

1831 and up on HD, 831 and up on SD.

Waldo 01-20-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ (Post 57981791)
1831 and up on HD, 831 and up on SD.

:handclap:much thanks

Guardian17 01-20-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 57978991)
Free nhl centerice on mts tv right now if anyone is interested

Same thing with Shaw starting on Channel 350.

DespoticNewt 01-20-2013 10:57 PM

Does anyone else hate the new Tim Horton's commercial that uses 'Working For The Weekend'?

Tom ServoMST3K 01-20-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DespoticNewt (Post 57986587)
Does anyone else hate the new Tim Horton's commercial that uses 'Working For The Weekend'?

Unfortunately I cant help but enjoy Loverboy,

THE KI-ID IS HOT TO-NITE
WO-AH SO HOT TO-NITE

:yo:

Jet 01-20-2013 11:38 PM

Finally gave up on Windows 8. Had it on my laptop for a few months, can't watch video without serious lag. Waited for a fix as long as I could... reinstalled Vista. Yes, Vista. That's how bad it sucked.

Now to try and get my money back. :D

allan5oh 01-20-2013 11:52 PM

Finally got my semi all going good for winter. Winter front on, engine heater all fixed up, heater box repaired.

Temps like this are absolute hell on semis. Boy am I happy I have a heated shop.

DespoticNewt 01-21-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K (Post 57987685)
Unfortunately I cant help but enjoy Loverboy,

THE KI-ID IS HOT TO-NITE
WO-AH SO HOT TO-NITE

:yo:

I like Loverboy, too. I just hate how emblematic and patronizing the commercial tries to be.

Romang67 01-21-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 57990087)
Finally gave up on Windows 8. Had it on my laptop for a few months, can't watch video without serious lag. Waited for a fix as long as I could... reinstalled Vista. Yes, Vista. That's how bad it sucked.

Now to try and get my money back. :D

Telling them that you were willing to reinstall Vista really should be enough to get your money back...

YWGinYYZ 01-21-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 57990087)
Finally gave up on Windows 8. Had it on my laptop for a few months, can't watch video without serious lag. Waited for a fix as long as I could... reinstalled Vista. Yes, Vista. That's how bad it sucked.

Now to try and get my money back. :D

Unfortunately, as it doesn't really help you get your problem fixed, it's most likely a device driver issue - hardware manufacturer problem, not really Microsoft. I feel for you though - sux when things don't work.

I've had nothing but success with Win8 - I've got it on all of my machines, and have been running it since Sep 2011 (Developer Preview) without much trouble. What laptop do you have, Jet?

DespoticNewt 01-21-2013 01:30 AM

I use Windows 7. I doubt that I'll upgrade to Windows 8. The GUI puts me off and I hear that the platform is difficult for game developers to work with.

DespoticNewt 01-21-2013 05:09 AM

Here is a meme worthy picture from Saturday's game, featuring our the Olli Jokinen.

http://imgur.com/znVWlfy.jpg

Edit: At home now. Found a better version of the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/b7PWccf.jpg

GermanJetsFan 01-21-2013 09:11 AM

I can has Cheezburger?

Jet 01-21-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romang67 (Post 57996507)
Telling them that you were willing to reinstall Vista really should be enough to get your money back...

I know! Desperation, right? I would have just put XP on the machine but I didn't have a copy. I would rather stay legit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ (Post 57996683)
Unfortunately, as it doesn't really help you get your problem fixed, it's most likely a device driver issue - hardware manufacturer problem, not really Microsoft. I feel for you though - sux when things don't work.

I've had nothing but success with Win8 - I've got it on all of my machines, and have been running it since Sep 2011 (Developer Preview) without much trouble. What laptop do you have, Jet?

I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ70. I've spent months trying to fix the problem. I have taken all of the proper steps to try and isolate the problem. I have updated every single driver. It's a latency issue and might have to do with my graphics card. Unfortunately Intel has already stated they will not provide an updated driver for its mobile intel 4 series express chipset family for use with Windows 8. Microsoft wouldn't tell me if they will ever provide a driver for it. I got sick of waiting to see if they would bother fixing this problem.

Vista sucks but at least I can do all the things I use my laptop for. So frustrating not being able to stream video.

Jet 01-21-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DespoticNewt (Post 58001509)
Here is a meme worthy picture from Saturday's game, featuring our the Olli Jokinen.

Edit: At home now. Found a better version of the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/b7PWccf.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan (Post 58004277)
I can has Cheezburger?

Someone needs to photoshop a Big Mac into the linesman's hand. :laugh:

DespoticNewt 01-21-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 58009297)
I know! Desperation, right? I would have just put XP on the machine but I didn't have a copy. I would rather stay legit.



I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ70. I've spent months trying to fix the problem. I have taken all of the proper steps to try and isolate the problem. I have updated every single driver. It's a latency issue and might have to do with my graphics card. Unfortunately Intel has already stated they will not provide an updated driver for its mobile intel 4 series express chipset family for use with Windows 8. Microsoft wouldn't tell me if they will ever provide a driver for it. I got sick of waiting to see if they would bother fixing this problem.

Vista sucks but at least I can do all the things I use my laptop for. So frustrating not being able to stream video.

There's your problem. You're using a business laptop with a dedicated graphics controller instead of an actual video card. I don't like laptops for that very reason.

Jet 01-21-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DespoticNewt (Post 58010227)
There's your problem. You're using a business laptop with a dedicated graphics controller instead of an actual video card. I don't like laptops for that very reason.

I know my way around a computer but I'm not really savvy enough to know the difference to be honest. I just wanted a laptop that would do the things I want it to do. Watching videos is BIG for me. I like to stream to my TV through HDMI and I couldn't do that. Heck, if I loaded a gif heavy page it would lock up my comp. Even loading the tiles on the start screen the start up sound would be all choppy.

Just terrible for me. This comp isn't new but it's not exactly slow: 2GHZ dual processor and 4GB ram.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.