HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Alexander Sulzer to the JETS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328515)

untouchable21 01-20-2013 05:39 PM

Alexander Sulzer to the JETS
 
The Jets blue line is in serious need of an upgrade in the 4-6 spots while Bogosian is out. What would be a realistic asking price to make this happen?

I've like him from his days back in the Nashville Predator's system.

Seatoo 01-20-2013 05:41 PM

Ballard omg

Edit: seriously though

impastabowl 01-20-2013 05:46 PM

Nucks need someone to plug in a 2nd line role and some cap relief, Jets need a 3/4 D. Ballard for Wellwood?

Seatoo 01-20-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impastabowl (Post 57961525)
Nucks need someone to plug in a 2nd line role and some cap relief, Jets need a 3/4 D. Ballard for Wellwood?

The Wellwood project didn't work so well the last time so probably a no from the Canucks even though the value is there

bumperkisser 01-20-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impastabowl (Post 57961525)
Nucks need someone to plug in a 2nd line role and some cap relief, Jets need a 3/4 D. Ballard for Wellwood?

since when has ballard been playing like a 3/4 d-man..

sabresfan129103 01-20-2013 06:46 PM

I've said this before, but for a guy who was a throw away player in the Hodgson trade he's been great for us. He's not going to do anything to wow you offensively, but he's real smart in the defensive zone. He's not untouchable, but I'd hesitate trading him because him and Ehrhoff play so well together.

bumperkisser 01-20-2013 06:51 PM

that hodgson trade looks pretty good for dem sabres

New Sabres Captain 01-20-2013 06:55 PM

Sulzer's chemistry with Ehrhoff is great and has earned him the #6 spot. On pure value, I'm sure he'd be cheap, but then the question becomes is it worth pulling the trigger. I'm not sure anything the Jets (or other team) would reasonably offer that is fair value would improve the Sabres enough to offset losing Sulzer because of his chemistry with Ehrhoff--it's a case where he's likely more valuable to the Sabres than to any other team.

smitty10 01-20-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 57967729)
Sulzer's chemistry with Ehrhoff is great and has earned him the #6 spot. On pure value, I'm sure he'd be cheap, but then the question becomes is it worth pulling the trigger. I'm not sure anything the Jets (or other team) would reasonably offer that is fair value would improve the Sabres enough to offset losing Sulzer because of his chemistry with Ehrhoff--it's a case where he's likely more valuable to the Sabres than to any other team.

Watched the Sabres vs Flyers game today on NBC and came away very impressed with the play of Sulzer. With the rapid improvement he's shown since his final season in Nashville, I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a 2-3 year extension to remain Ehrhoff's partner. I don't know if it's the fact that there are so many German-speaking players on Buffalo or what, but he looks so much more comfortable out there than he did with Nashville, Florida or Vancouver.

Very impressed with how much he's improved in the Sabres organization. Shows what kind of impact different environments and coaching styles can have on a player.

Djp 01-20-2013 07:13 PM

Sulzer can be acquired.

He was signed to a cheap one year contract.

But him and Ehrhoff are both Germans. They seem to work well together.

Leopold because of his price and being a UFA after the year is the one more likely to be traded first.

i am not sure what the Jets have that would be tradeable other than future picks.

New Sabres Captain 01-20-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 57969061)
Watched the Sabres vs Flyers game today on NBC and came away very impressed with the play of Sulzer. With the rapid improvement he's shown since his final season in Nashville, I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a 2-3 year extension to remain Ehrhoff's partner. I don't know if it's the fact that there are so many German-speaking players on Buffalo or what, but he looks so much more comfortable out there than he did with Nashville, Florida or Vancouver.

Very impressed with how much he's improved in the Sabres organization. Shows what kind of impact different environments and coaching styles can have on a player.

Yep. It looks like a classic case of player and team being a perfect fit. Always nice to see guys who bounce around settle in like that.

Djp 01-20-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 57969061)
Watched the Sabres vs Flyers game today on NBC and came away very impressed with the play of Sulzer. With the rapid improvement he's shown since his final season in Nashville, I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a 2-3 year extension to remain Ehrhoff's partner. I don't know if it's the fact that there are so many German-speaking players on Buffalo or what, but he looks so much more comfortable out there than he did with Nashville, Florida or Vancouver.

Very impressed with how much he's improved in the Sabres organization. Shows what kind of impact different environments and coaching styles can have on a player.

It also helps immensly to have Ehrhoff and Hecht on the club given there arent many germans that play in the NHL.

Halpysback* 01-20-2013 07:22 PM

I wouldn't trade him if I were Buffalo.

Trajectory and career path seems very similar to Seidenberg's.

smitty10 01-20-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 57970145)
It also helps immensly to have Ehrhoff and Hecht on the club given there arent many germans that play in the NHL.

Thomas Vanek is Austrian and can also likely speak German. Must make it more comfortable for the guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57970199)
I wouldn't trade him if I were Buffalo.

Trajectory and career path seems very similar to Seidenberg's.

Germans tend to be late bloomers. I think he could be a good top 4 guy.

Mit Yarrum 01-20-2013 08:12 PM

Just playing very solid D. Not sure why we'd want to trade him. What are the Jets offering?

Zippy316 01-20-2013 08:15 PM

Tallinder is available if you have a second line tweener forward to give up.

tsujimoto74 01-20-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 57967729)
Sulzer's chemistry with Ehrhoff is great and has earned him the #6 spot. On pure value, I'm sure he'd be cheap, but then the question becomes is it worth pulling the trigger. I'm not sure anything the Jets (or other team) would reasonably offer that is fair value would improve the Sabres enough to offset losing Sulzer because of his chemistry with Ehrhoff--it's a case where he's likely more valuable to the Sabres than to any other team.

This. Sulzer has been really good for Buffalo alongside Ehrhoff. Could be a late bloomer or could just be great chemistry, but either way, I think the Sabres are going to hang to him and until they figure out whether what he did at the end of last season was a fluke or not. If it was, you can have him for free in June when he's a UFA. ;)

Djp 01-20-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty10 (Post 57975311)
Thomas Vanek is Austrian and can also likely speak German. Must make it more comfortable for the guys.

true...though his parents were both Czechosolvakian..one from Czech Republic, the other from Slovakia.

Eichel15 01-20-2013 10:42 PM

Vanek does indeed speak German.

HarryNealesGarden 01-21-2013 12:44 AM

Guys, come on. Let's face it, the Sabres have a serious logjam on D, Sulzer was a cheap throw-in (albeit one playing quite well), has a cheap contract and isn't more than a depth guy on any good team.

Could probably be had for a late 2nd-ish or a young defensive center prospect or equal value. If you flip him for that, call it a day.

Push Dr Tracksuit 01-21-2013 01:30 AM

Ya Sulzer for a second is probably a good bet for his value to the Sabres. However without Hoffman his play drops dramatically, goes from a solid #4 to a shaky #7 without any niche. Tbh he is very average it's just the things he does compliments Hoff so well that he becomes a 20 min guy. I believe they were partners on Germany's national team as well.

Steve Bennett* 01-21-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impastabowl (Post 57961525)
Nucks need someone to plug in a 2nd line role and some cap relief, Jets need a 3/4 D. Ballard for Wellwood?

Nooooo! Wellwood is junk...

to thrashers: Ballard, 6th round pick

TO VAN: Ladd, 3rd round pick

Sweech 01-21-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bennett (Post 57999207)
Nooooo! Wellwood is junk...

to thrashers: Ballard, 6th round pick

TO VAN: Ladd, 3rd round pick

http://i.imgur.com/X181V.gif

...I see what you did there.

By that I mean I see you made an awful proposal.

clumping platelets 01-21-2013 05:38 AM

Leopold is the odd man out..............what do the Jets offer?

HiddenInLight 01-21-2013 06:33 AM

Sorry, but I think the case with Sulzer is that his value to buffalo is much higher then his value to others. It would be difficult to find a deal that both sides are happy with ATM. That being said, wed be happy to trade you leopold weber or Brennan if you'd like.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.