HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Robiduh Rants (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328673)

Starsfan24 01-20-2013 09:58 PM

Robiduh Rants

This is seriously getting ridiculous. He's terrible.

Elysian 01-20-2013 10:32 PM

Not much to rant about, he's the absolute worst defender we have and very close to the worst player on our team.

Stars99Lobo37 01-20-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysian (Post 57984263)
very close to the worst player on our team.

Would love to know who is worse..

LatvianTwist 01-20-2013 10:35 PM

I'm coming up blank...

cmwang 01-20-2013 10:57 PM

I just love how him and gogo are getting 22+ min a game and larson-dillon get 14. I've almost seen enough of gully. Among many problems, how can you seriously think that top powerplay unit is a good idea? Morrow is awful, robidas is more than useless, and you don't even have a ****ing center to take a draw. Seriously, who thinks its a good idea to have whitney taking draws instead of putting roy on the first unit? I expect us to suck on defense but we have the weapons to have a decent PP now and we play robidas and morrow on the first unit.

jhr1986 01-20-2013 11:02 PM

#1D = worst player on team. Uh may zing. I'm sick of watching a team without a solid defensive lineup. Haven't had a good one since '05.

Pretty sure Hatcher (derian) is 40 this year, perhaps we should bring him back :naughty: Yes, that's a joke, but I bet he'd play better than robidas.

HatchtrickBateman 01-20-2013 11:02 PM

I actually thought Goose looked worse tonight, but that's just my opinion... I definitely don't think Robidas is a very good defenseman anymore, but he's getting most of the blame for this team's poor play. With the way this team can't even get the puck in the offensive zone most of the time, and terrible turnovers and no structure when they actually do, I think more blame needs to be directed elsewhere too

Dirty Kari 01-20-2013 11:18 PM

The problem is the coaching staff or management seems afraid to play our younger guys in bigger roles. Robidas should be on the 3rd pairing or traded. Goligoski should be playing with someone else on the first PP unit. Play him with Dillon or Larsen. Let Daley have the 2nd unit. Jordie Benn should be sent down and replaced with Rome. I would call up Oleksiak personally (he is ready) but I understand if we want him to get time in Texas.

Goligoski-Oleksiak
Dillon-Larsen
Daley-Rome

FrailSwan 01-20-2013 11:26 PM

Seriously. Call up Oleksiak, scratch Robidas or move him down the line, and let the Big Rig see if he can handle the top spot.

HatchtrickBateman 01-20-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Kari (Post 57988135)
The problem is the coaching staff or management seems afraid to play our younger guys in bigger roles. Robidas should be on the 3rd pairing or traded. Goligoski should be playing with someone else on the first PP unit. Play him with Dillon or Larsen. Let Daley have the 2nd unit. Jordie Benn should be sent down and replaced with Rome. I would call up Oleksiak personally (he is ready) but I understand if we want him to get time in Texas.

Goligoski-Oleksiak
Dillon-Larsen
Daley-Rome

This is what i would like to see. I actually miss Fistric quite a bit, as he was a physical force on d. And was actually pretty decent at shutting down other players in his end. We already have enough defensemen who can move the puck. Bad puck movement on this team is much more glaring on the offensive side

Elysian 01-21-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 57984469)
Would love to know who is worse..

Wandell.

Stars99Lobo37 01-21-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysian (Post 58002081)
Wandell.

He hasn't even been close to Robidas bad this season. His play hasn't lead directly to a goal and numerous chances.

Elysian 01-21-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 58002807)
He hasn't even been close to Robidas bad this season. His play hasn't lead directly to a goal and numerous chances.

2 games in. Also, Wandell is on the ice with legitimate top end talent, that seriously limits his exposure. Robidas has Goligoski.

Sports 01-21-2013 09:10 AM

He's grown on me as of late.
He's just doing his best at whats being asked of him, which is to play primarily against the other team's best players on the top pairing.
It's not like he's going to say "no" to being given that responsibility.
That's on the coaching staff to realize he isn't the right man for the job.
In reality, he's more of a 2nd-3rd pairing tweener, as far as pairing up with the opposition goes.
I'd like to see him get a shot at a lesser role before crucifying him.
:)

ReverendAlBundy 01-21-2013 09:10 AM

Wandell is definitely better than robidas.

TrillMike 01-21-2013 09:24 AM

Well they better address the issue soon. The only way anything is different is through trade or call ups. I peaked at this summer's UFA Dmen and it's not too pretty.

Elysian 01-21-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy (Post 58004267)
Wandell is definitely better than robidas.

What are you basing your assessment on? Wandell isn't skilled enough for the 3rd line or gritty enough for the 4th. He sucks at possession, faceoffs, and entry. He doesn't belong in the NHL. Robidas isn't a first pairing defenseman, obviously, but if he were a #6 I don't think anyone here would feel bad about that.

ReverendAlBundy 01-21-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysian (Post 58005987)
What are you basing your assessment on? Wandell isn't skilled enough for the 3rd line or gritty enough for the 4th. He sucks at possession, faceoffs, and entry. He doesn't belong in the NHL. Robidas isn't a first pairing defenseman, obviously, but if he were a #6 I don't think anyone here would feel bad about that.

As much as everyone on here likes to project things onto players, a lot of what people think about wandell is hyperbolized. Wandell is actually a pretty decent possession player and is very good at skating the puck through neutral. The reason he's not good enough for upper lines is how poor his shooting and passing is. Robidas is not good at anything, besides taking the body on the rush.

jagrgodr 01-21-2013 10:49 AM

Does Robidoug look like Dough Funny from the nickelodeon tv show to anyone else??!?!? He looks like a damn cartoon character

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xJCltZCCo4...doug_funny.jpg

Frozen Failure 01-21-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undecided (Post 58004255)
He's grown on me as of late.
He's just doing his best at whats being asked of him, which is to play primarily against the other team's best players on the top pairing.
It's not like he's going to say "no" to being given that responsibility.
That's on the coaching staff to realize he isn't the right man for the job.
In reality, he's more of a 2nd-3rd pairing tweener, as far as pairing up with the opposition goes.
I'd like to see him get a shot at a lesser role before crucifying him.
:)

Oh hey let's watch them not play Robiduh down the lineup for a 3rd straight year.

No. Tired of it.

Sports 01-21-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 58008913)
Oh hey let's watch them not play Robiduh down the lineup for a 3rd straight year.

No. Tired of it.

I never said they'd play him where he probably should be.
But if he doesn't get that chance, I'm not going to crucify him.
Again, not really his fault.

LatvianTwist 01-21-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrgodr (Post 58007549)
Does Robidoug look like Dough Funny from the nickelodeon tv show to anyone else??!?!? He looks like a damn cartoon character

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xJCltZCCo4...doug_funny.jpg

:amazed: