HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Thread of Positivity (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328687)

GregSirico 01-20-2013 09:14 PM

Thread of Positivity

Ok, so we lost 2 games. And yes this is a shortened season where every game is huge, but remember this: it's not how you start it's how you finish. I think we will find ourselves and find some chemistry and cohesiveness. Defensively, we can only get better right? Get hot and roll into the playoffs and I will take this team against anyone else in the East. Am I upset now? Yes. Panic? No. Still a ton of hockey left (even with <50 games in a season) to find ourselves, click, and get red hot.

Lundsanity30 01-20-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregSirico (Post 57982351)
Ok, so we lost 2 games. And yes this is a shortened season where every game is huge, but remember this: it's not how you start it's how you finish. I think we will find ourselves and find some chemistry and cohesiveness. Defensively, we can only get better right? Get hot and roll into the playoffs and I will take this team against anyone else in the East. Am I upset now? Yes. Panic? No. Still a ton of hockey left (even with <50 games in a season) to find ourselves, click, and get red hot.

people panicking after 2 games are crazy. Have we looked horrible? yes.. but this is still essentially the same team we had last year that went to the ECF. Hank has looked bad for the most part early too which we all know will not continue. The defense will definitely get better. Its gonna take some time for this team to get chemistry which is tough in a 48 game season to start off slow, but there are NOT 8 teams in the East better than the Rangers, we will be there in the end whether we are 1st or 8th. We also played two very tough teams (remember, Boston and Pens are also SC favorites) to start the season. We have looked bad, can't look this bad all year so obviously we will get better. As far as the playoffs, I agree with you, get in and get hot, thats the team that will always win the cup. The best thing about this team is that RicK Nash looks completely awesome and looks like he will fit in here for a long time.

Fire AV 01-20-2013 09:23 PM

The 2 loses = 4 loses argument is plain stupid.
Guess what, 2 wins also = 4 wins

M Gaz 01-20-2013 09:23 PM

2 games is 2 games. We could go on a roll and win 9 games and it'd be like tonight and last night never happened. This team will rebound. There are some new faces in important places and it'll take some time to create chemistry. 48 games is much less than 82, but it's not a 20 game sprint like some people are acting like it is.

Lundsanity30 01-20-2013 09:24 PM

There are NOT 8 teams (even in a shortened season) better than the Rangers. Whether we get in 1st or 8th, we will be there in the end, thats all that matters.

ChipAyten 01-20-2013 09:26 PM

Machinehead 01-20-2013 09:28 PM

You just had to right?

Hate this annual thread so much :cry:

GregSirico 01-20-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57983865)
You just had to right?

Hate this annual thread so much :cry:

Sorry but it's true, I'm usually all GLOOM and DOOM, and where has that gotten me? NO WHERE! For once I'm staying positive and believing in what we have built. Will it all come together quickly? I'm not sure, but it will AT SOME POINT.

Machinehead 01-20-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregSirico (Post 57984063)
Sorry but it's true, I'm usually all GLOOM and DOOM, and where has that gotten me? NO WHERE! For once I'm staying positive and believing in what we have built. Will it all come together quickly? I'm not sure, but it will AT SOME POINT.

At some point? Maybe 2048....54 years later :naughty:

There's stuff to be positive about, it's just that the cap has us a bit trapped. We already need a defenseman as it is. What if it turns out that we need another one? There's nowhere to go.

Clown Fiesta 01-20-2013 09:35 PM

Where is BlueshirtBlitz with his link? It tells the story.

The everything carries twice as much weight argument is starting to bug me as well.

Blueshirt Believer 01-20-2013 09:36 PM

I like pizza.

GregSirico 01-20-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57984369)
At some point? Maybe 2048....54 years later :naughty:

There's stuff to be positive about, it's just that the cap has us a bit trapped. We already need a defenseman as it is. What if it turns out that we need another one? There's nowhere to go.

We will cross that bridge when we come to it. Take it a year at a time. But I do agree we need another d-man. Think we see Dylan McIlrath?

Saving Captain Ryan 01-20-2013 09:38 PM

Rick Nash

Machinehead 01-20-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregSirico (Post 57984701)
We will cross that bridge when we come to it. Take it a year at a time. But I do agree we need another d-man. Think we see Dylan McIlrath?

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it but if our D doesn't wake up we might be on that bridge.

Don't think a very raw 20 year old who is still very much a potential-based experiment will be the answer this year.

Lundsanity30 01-20-2013 09:40 PM

Yeah, I never understood the whole 1 loss = 2 loss thing just because of a lockout. The same thing would work with Wins.. I don't really see any team in the East doing much better than 30-18 (12 over 500). The East is just too competitive.

GregSirico 01-20-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57985205)
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it but if our D doesn't wake up we might be on that bridge.

Don't think a very raw 20 year old who is still very much a potential-based experiment will be the answer this year.

Can't be any worse than Stu right?

Lundsanity30 01-20-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57985205)

Well, you're not gonna find a better defensemen out there than the ones we have on our top 2 lines... someone better than Bickel? yeah, almost anyone.. someone better than Mcd, Girardi, Staal, even Mdz? very doubtful.

Lundsanity30 01-20-2013 09:43 PM

I know its a thread of positivity and it might turn into a discussion but thats not my intent. I hate this system though, its way too one dimensional. We have a legit offense now with the addition of Nash, take some chances, open it up, and let them play

Machinehead 01-20-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregSirico (Post 57985345)
Can't be any worse than Stu right?

No but it needs to be much better than Stu. He's a joke.

Couldn't possibly hurt to try, I'll give you that.

Machinehead 01-20-2013 09:46 PM

I will say this though: Marc Staal's first two games were mind-numbingly awful. Worst two games I've ever seen him play.

That won't continue. He's too good to do this long term.

Lundsanity30 01-20-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57985767)
I will say this though: Marc Staal's first two games were mind-numbingly awful. Worst two games I've ever seen him play.

For the most part, Hank has been bad too, and he's also too good for this to continue.

GregSirico 01-20-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57985767)

It can only get better. He's been brutal.

BlueshirtBlitz 01-20-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Nashty (Post 57984607)
Where is BlueshirtBlitz with his link? It tells the story.

The everything carries twice as much weight argument is starting to bug me as well.

Seriously. It's driving me absolutely nuts.

Florida Ranger 01-20-2013 10:04 PM

46 games left.

JDMSG 01-20-2013 10:30 PM

We started the season 0-1-2 last year heh