HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Henrik Tallinder to WPG Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1328905)

Sweech 01-21-2013 02:18 AM

Henrik Tallinder to WPG Jets
 
What would it take for the Jets to acquire Tallinder from the Devils? Or for that matter Volchenkov.

We likely aren't dealing away any roster players, but would a package with a 2nd (we have 3) or trading back Patrice Cormier work for New Jersey?

Even though there's a lot of defenseman on your team we could also offer Postma as a young right-handed powerplay specialist.

The Green Unit 01-21-2013 03:12 AM

With 7 defence-men and 2 (close to) NHL ready prospects, New Jersey will definitely trade someone in the next few weeks. It'll happen sooner than later because Larsson won't be able to play every game until another defence-man leaves. Yup, you can't really sit a player you'd like to trade.

So Tallinder to WPG makes sense. On the other hand, New Jersey needs NHL forward in return, a top 6-9 LW or even a center to be precise. New Jersey could add if needed.


Just for information, does Tallinder+Urbom+3rd rounder for Burmistrov would make sense from a WPG point of view ?

jiho 01-21-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yashintangibles (Post 58000831)
With 7 defence-men and 2 (close to) NHL ready prospects, New Jersey will definitely trade someone in the next few weeks. It'll happen sooner than later because Larsson won't be able to play every game until another defence-man leaves. Yup, you can't really sit a player you'd like to trade.

So Tallinder to WPG makes sense. On the other hand, New Jersey needs NHL forward in return, a top 6-9 LW or even a center to be precise. New Jersey could add if needed.


Just for information, does Tallinder+Urbom+3rd rounder for Burmistrov would make sense from a WPG point of view ?

We desperately need defensive help but I would not trade him for a 34 year old defenceman.

The Green Unit 01-21-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiho (Post 58000953)
We desperately need defensive help but I would not trade him for a 34 year old defenceman.

Well it's not only a 34 years old defenceman, there's a defensive prospect, very very close to NHL ready and a draft pick too. Urbom is likely to be a solid 2nd pairing defence-man. You can trust New Jersey, they know how to develop those middle pairing, versatlie defence-men.

And that could be Volchenkov (30) instead of Tallinder without a problem also.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 01-21-2013 08:16 AM

top 9 forward, most likely winger.

thats all we need.

tycobb 01-21-2013 08:24 AM

What would it take to get Kane?

Zajacs Bowl Cut 01-21-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tycobb (Post 58004607)
What would it take to get Kane?

way more than you would be willing to pay.

Ondrej The Giant 01-21-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tycobb (Post 58004607)
What would it take to get Kane?

It would probably take a new proposal thread :sarcasm:

Would love to have a steady D in Volchenkov though but not sure what we have to offer.

GM17* 01-21-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tycobb (Post 58004607)
What would it take to get Kane?

Larsson and Clarkson, and that's assuming they're rebuilding from back-out. I dunno. It's some combo of our best prospect + a good forward + a first rounder or another top 6 forward. Kane's awesome.

AfroThunder396 01-21-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweech (Post 57999999)
What would it take for the Jets to acquire Tallinder from the Devils?

We likely aren't dealing away any roster players, but would a package with a 2nd (we have 3) or trading back Patrice Cormier work for New Jersey?

I would probably do this.

Matteau-Cormier-Zubrus as the 3rd line would make me accidentally my pants.

SpeakingOfTheDevils 01-21-2013 09:15 AM

Ponikarovsky.....please.....?

Robert Theodorson 01-21-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 (Post 58005299)
I would probably do this.

Matteau-Cormier-Zubrus as the 3rd line would make me accidentally my pants.

A player who has 2 points in 30 NHL games is exactly what the Devils need :shakehead

Blake Wheeler is a much better fit for NJ.

Jerzey Devil 01-21-2013 09:23 AM

I'd be happy sending Tallinder just for some picks. 2nd would do it for me.

We still have plenty of D men to trade for forwards in return and we do need to beef up our forward prospect pool.

AfroThunder396 01-21-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom (Post 58006431)
A player who has 2 points in 30 NHL games is exactly what the Devils need :shakehead

Blake Wheeler is a much better fit for NJ.

A 22 year old, 6'2" / 215 center with top-9 upside is never a bad thing. Worst case, he makes our horrendous team in Albany better.

As for the second part, good luck getting WIN to part with him.

MJMazzarone 01-21-2013 10:08 AM

Tallinder + Urbom + one of 2nd/3rd for Wheeler? Is that what I'm reading? It's fair but not sure if it's worth it. Urbom is a great prospect. Everytime he's made the main roster I've been impressed. Would former 1st round pick Matt Corrente + Tallinder + a 2nd do it? :naughty:

The Green Unit 01-21-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 58008385)
Tallinder + Urbom + one of 2nd/3rd for Wheeler? Is that what I'm reading? It's fair but not sure if it's worth it. Urbom is a great prospect. Everytime he's made the main roster I've been impressed. Would former 1st round pick Matt Corrente + Tallinder + a 2nd do it? :naughty:

That was for Burmistrov, not Wheeler. I know it's a bit of an overpayment for him but I wanted to avoid an argument with the Jets fans about Burmi's value.

jamiebez 01-21-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 58008385)
Tallinder + Urbom + one of 2nd/3rd for Wheeler? Is that what I'm reading? It's fair but not sure if it's worth it. Urbom is a great prospect. Everytime he's made the main roster I've been impressed. Would former 1st round pick Matt Corrente + Tallinder + a 2nd do it? :naughty:

Nope.

First of all, that package is lousy value for us. Secondly, Wheeler is probably close to untouchable for the Jets organizationally right now. Not because he's awesome, it's just that we have no right wing depth - it's Wellwood (playing out a one-year deal) then either Burmistrov or Scheifele playing out of position (both are centers).

MJMazzarone 01-21-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiebez (Post 58008823)
Nope.

First of all, that package is lousy value for us. Secondly, Wheeler is probably close to untouchable for the Jets organizationally right now. Not because he's awesome, it's just that we have no right wing depth - it's Wellwood (playing out a one-year deal) then either Burmistrov or Scheifele playing out of position (both are centers).

Wasn't particuarly a serious proposal. Haha. What players do Jets fans consider not untouchable.

HenriquesJawLine 01-21-2013 10:54 AM

I miss Ponikarovsky, wish he was more patient with the Parise situation :(

JerseyGuy276 01-21-2013 10:55 AM

We need a roster player, preferably a winger comin back in the trade.

allan5oh 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

I could see Wellwood going your way. I suppose nobody is untouchable at the right price, but we're talking Tallinder.

I'm not sure we have a top 9 player we can really part with at this moment. We "essentially" have 10 of them, but at this point our lines are all shaken up and until a few combos are tried, I don't see anyone being traded. Maybe in a week or two. Odds are Wellwood is the odd man out.

Any interest in Miettenen? We also have lots of picks for the 2013 draft.

Huffer 01-21-2013 11:23 AM

As much as I want the Jets to make the playoffs, I don't want to see them trade good assets to acquire a stopgap D man. Picks are a possibility, but I don't know how wise it would be to spend picks on guys in their mid 30's, and approaching free agency. It would make good sense if we were looking like we had a shot at the playoffs this year, maybe not so much if we're not.

Burmistrov I would not want to move unless for a player in his age and skill category. Something like Burmistrov for Gormley or something like that. Moving Burmistrov would be tough though.

jamiebez 01-21-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 58009129)
Wasn't particuarly a serious proposal. Haha. What players do Jets fans consider not untouchable.

Common consensus is Kane, Bogosian, Scheifele, Trouba, I'd say. Add Wheeler only because we have no RWs.

But your mileage may vary depending on which one of us you are talking to :D There are mixed emotions on a few other guys....

Viqsi 01-21-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone (Post 58009129)
Wasn't particuarly a serious proposal. Haha. What players do Jets fans consider not untouchable.

Only the vital supportive parts that folks keep trying to steal for no reason beyond "well you suck so we're going to 'salvage' your best players". You know, same as everyone else. :)

ssk 01-21-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 58011289)
I could see Wellwood going your way. I suppose nobody is untouchable at the right price, but we're talking Tallinder.

I'm not sure we have a top 9 player we can really part with at this moment. We "essentially" have 10 of them, but at this point our lines are all shaken up and until a few combos are tried, I don't see anyone being traded. Maybe in a week or two. Odds are Wellwood is the odd man out.

Any interest in Miettenen? We also have lots of picks for the 2013 draft.

No to Miettenen, but ya we would be willing to move Dmen for picks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.