HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   3/4/5: Edmonton@Rochester (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=132902)

Hobey Baker 03-04-2005 07:53 PM

3/4/5: Edmonton@Rochester
 
A wild one tonight....three fights in the first. A Gaustad PP goal has Rochester up 1-0. Midway thru the second right now....

Slangston 03-04-2005 08:22 PM

Score still 1-0 Amerks after two periods. From the sound of it, Edmonton has outskated the Amerks thus far. 3rd period coming up soon.

Bartovic has had 2 clear cut breakaways in this game (both short handed oportunities) and blew them. I've listened to quite a few Rochester games this season, and Bartovic has had a break in just about every single one of them. Hands of stone indeed.

Hobey Baker 03-04-2005 09:22 PM

A 2-1 win in the shootout for the Amerks. Roy and Milley (and Miller, too) come through in the shoorout.

sabrefan27 03-04-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
Score still 1-0 Amerks after two periods. From the sound of it, Edmonton has outskated the Amerks thus far. 3rd period coming up soon.

Bartovic has had 2 clear cut breakaways in this game (both short handed oportunities) and blew them. I've listened to quite a few Rochester games this season, and Bartovic has had a break in just about every single one of them. Hands of stone indeed.

At this point I kind of feel bad for him. He's literally had around 15 or 16 breakaways this year and has scored on 1. It's really pathetic. The guy just has no hands. And he insists on doing the same crappy move every damn time. WAKE UP IT DOESN'T WORK.

Anyway, the Amerks played like crap crap crap. Worst game I've seen since they started turning it around. They didn't do anything a team needs to do to win. Yet they still won. They find ways to win.

And I thought Cullen was ready to return? Maybe there is more to the Fitzpatrick signing then depth.

Rhett4 03-04-2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27
At this point I kind of feel bad for him. He's literally had around 15 or 16 breakaways this year and has scored on 1. It's really pathetic. The guy just has no hands. And he insists on doing the same crappy move every damn time. WAKE UP IT DOESN'T WORK.

Anyway, the Amerks played like crap crap crap. Worst game I've seen since they started turning it around. They didn't do anything a team needs to do to win. Yet they still won. They find ways to win.

And I thought Cullen was ready to return? Maybe there is more to the Fitzpatrick signing then depth.

Sounds like they played awful. How did the fights go, though?

Anyway, it's the mark of a good team when they can steal 2 points on their worst night. Let's hope this win gave them so momentum going into Manitoba...and that they aren't dead tired by Sunday. They better find their legs tomorrow night.

sabrefan27 03-04-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
Sounds like they played awful. How did the fights go, though?

Anyway, it's the mark of a good team when they can steal 2 points on their worst night. Let's hope this win gave them so momentum going into Manitoba...and that they aren't dead tired by Sunday. They better find their legs tomorrow night.

Thorburn had a spirited bout. Someone came charging at him and he just went off on him and Thorburn pounded away on Torres.

McMorrow's fight was more open than normal for him. He got the better shots in but nothing special.

Whoever fought Paestch just held on. But Paescth got some decent jabs in. Amerks won all 3 fights if you had to pick winners.

And yes they played awful. But I will give credit to Edmonton. They played a good, smart road game. Also, the Amerks had so many chances to score but made the bonehead play on each and every one. It almost looked as if they were overlooking the game and saving energy for the Manitoba games.

Ruckus007 03-05-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27
At this point I kind of feel bad for him. He's literally had around 15 or 16 breakaways this year and has scored on 1. It's really pathetic. The guy just has no hands. And he insists on doing the same crappy move every damn time. WAKE UP IT DOESN'T WORK.

Anyway, the Amerks played like crap crap crap. Worst game I've seen since they started turning it around. They didn't do anything a team needs to do to win. Yet they still won. They find ways to win.

And I thought Cullen was ready to return? Maybe there is more to the Fitzpatrick signing then depth.


Cullen didn't play? According to theahl.com boxscore he did.

sabrefan27 03-05-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabreHomer007
Cullen didn't play? According to theahl.com boxscore he did.

Nope he was scratched. Amerks were down to 5 defensmen with Paestch getting a game misconduct.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.