HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Kaberle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329099)

Habsawce 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

Kaberle

For free? Anyone? Please take him!

bcv 01-21-2013 11:12 AM

What is this? He actually looked good during camp and last game.

Habsawce 01-21-2013 11:14 AM

Please tell me you're joking.

Anth93 01-21-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcv (Post 58011449)
What is this? He actually looked good during camp and last game.

So glad I don't have to be this guy anymore.

Carey Chant 01-21-2013 11:20 AM

He's worth a semi eaten Fruit roll up that has fallen on the floor but you picked most of the dirt off. I.E cap space fodder.

I'm glad he shot the puck a little more last game but the were still cheating on him during the powerplay.

RealisticLeaf55 01-21-2013 11:21 AM

2 firsts and a second :sarcasm:

habs03 01-21-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 58011555)
Please tell me you're joking.

played 20min, 3 shots, even...

wasn't an issue last game...he was wtv

Markov played 24 min last game, looked great, so with him being the pp QB, Kaberle is almost useless, so wait until the trade deadline and you can get a 2nd/3rd round pick for him.

Prairie Habs 01-21-2013 11:24 AM

I'm sure we can dump him for a pick at the deadline. Zidlicky was doing really poorly in MIN but they still managed to get a 2nd out of NJ. STL might have been interested before they got Redden, now I think the best option is to wait for a playoff team to get an injury and get desperate.

Prairie Habs 01-21-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs03 (Post 58012001)
played 20min, 3 shots, even...

wasn't an issue last game...he was wtv

Markov played 24 min last game, looked great, so with him being the pp QB, Kaberle is almost useless, so wait until the trade deadline and you can get a 2nd/3rd round pick for him.

He was terrible in the offensive zone, I don't even want to know how many times the puck rolled off his stick out of the zone to kill a chance for us. He also really didn't do anything for us in the transition game which we needed as we were missing PK. He looked pretty good in the team scrimmage a couple days before though and he had solid numbers in Europe so I will give him some time to improve. One bad game isn't the end of the world.

RealisticLeaf55 01-21-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 58012077)
I'm sure we can dump him for a pick at the deadline. Zidlicky was doing really poorly in MIN but they still managed to get a 2nd out of NJ. STL might have been interested before they got Redden, now I think the best option is to wait for a playoff team to get an injury and get desperate.

I can see either the oilers/flyers/pens taking a chance if you eat some salary.

Blind Gardien 01-21-2013 11:46 AM

Even in a sloppy game 1 for all parties involved, I thought he looked a little slimmer and sharper than last year. He did bobble the puck at the blueline a bit, but he was far from alone in that. It's still a projection... but if he takes last year's ability to produce a little bit, and has a bit more jump in his step that lets him be more effective/brave in his own zone, I think he is worth something. Not sure what. A pick at the deadline would be nice.

I agree that he's redundant for the Habs looking ahead, though. Assuming Markov doesn't get hurt again. Diaz looks like a quicker, much much cheaper version of Kaberle, maybe one who can/will shoot a bit more too.

Teams who think they *might* need a PMD should at least monitor Kaberle, he probably has a decent chance of being available, anyway.

Halifaxhab* 01-21-2013 12:03 PM

Starlight star bright, first star I see tonight...I wish I may I wish I might have a 3rd round pick tonight

OneSharpMarble 01-21-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 58013219)
Even in a sloppy game 1 for all parties involved, I thought he looked a little slimmer and sharper than last year. He did bobble the puck at the blueline a bit, but he was far from alone in that. It's still a projection... but if he takes last year's ability to produce a little bit, and has a bit more jump in his step that lets him be more effective/brave in his own zone, I think he is worth something. Not sure what. A pick at the deadline would be nice.

I agree that he's redundant for the Habs looking ahead, though. Assuming Markov doesn't get hurt again. Diaz looks like a quicker, much much cheaper version of Kaberle, maybe one who can/will shoot a bit more too.

Teams who think they *might* need a PMD should at least monitor Kaberle, he probably has a decent chance of being available, anyway.

Now if only Diaz could actually pass the puck.

So Montreal defense is probably at an all time low missing Subban and hab fans want to trade one of their few dmen that looked decent? Oh hab fans never change. :laugh:

Zoombie 01-21-2013 12:17 PM

Habs will need him once Markov gets injured. Which won't be long if he keeps turning his back to traffic...

Habsawce 01-21-2013 12:21 PM

The bobbling of the puck and losing the zone multiple times was painful. He's ridiculously redundant on this team and I just hope MB can get something for him so we don't have to waste a buy out on him in the off-season.

Unfortunately I don't see this happening since he still has another year on his contract.

habs03 01-21-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 58015441)
The bobbling of the puck and losing the zone multiple times was painful. He's ridiculously redundant on this team and I just hope MB can get something for him so we don't have to waste a buy out on him in the off-season.

Unfortunately I don't see this happening since he still has another year on his contract.

Zidlicky was playing even worse than Kaberle last season at the time of his trade, and when traded, he had 1 additional year left on his contract at around 4M aswell..

puck moving d-men get good value at the trade deadline, and with short season, a lot of teams are going to be close to playoff position, so a lot more buyers than sellers.

OneSharpMarble 01-21-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

I think he missed one very bad pass and looked excellent the rest of the game with his first pass out of the zone. When Kaberle wasn't starting the rush the habs could barely make it out of their own zone with 4 passes.

This is nonsense, try to hide your bias a little better than that please.

Habsawce 01-21-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs03 (Post 58015867)
Zidlicky was playing even worse than Kaberle last season at the time of his trade, and when traded, he had 1 additional year left on his contract at around 4M aswell..

puck moving d-men get good value at the trade deadline, and with short season, a lot of teams are going to be close to playoff position, so a lot more buyers than sellers.

I hope you're right dawg!

Blind Gardien 01-21-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

And with the cap coming down, maybe not a lot of teams will want to risk adding extra cap commits. But flip side, probably not a lot of teams are likely to use up their compliance buyouts either, so they will have an out either way.

I'd be a little disappointed if the Habs couldn't get at least a 3rd rounder, say, if they end up being sellers at the deadline. Disappointed, though not surprised. But of course, there are still a couple busy months of hockey left to play to find out where the Habs might sit on the "seller" list, and to gauge how Kaberle is playing relative to the Habs' needs at that time. Something to watch moving ahead in the season... we can't say definitively right now what should be done.

Habsawce 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 58017189)
I think he missed one very bad pass and looked excellent the rest of the game with his first pass out of the zone. When Kaberle wasn't starting the rush the habs could barely make it out of their own zone with 4 passes.

This is nonsense, try to hide your bias a little better than that please.

Not trying to hide it. Don't like Kaberle as a player for Montreal, and have never liked the trade from the get go.

goleafsgo87* 01-21-2013 03:56 PM

a 3rd pick

Seth Rollins 01-21-2013 03:59 PM

Kaberle looked better than most of the team did on Saturday. That might not be saying much, but this is standard Habs fan overreaction to a bad game.

ginovegas 01-21-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 58012245)
He was terrible in the offensive zone, I don't even want to know how many times the puck rolled off his stick out of the zone to kill a chance for us. He also really didn't do anything for us in the transition game which we needed as we were missing PK. He looked pretty good in the team scrimmage a couple days before though and he had solid numbers in Europe so I will give him some time to improve. One bad game isn't the end of the world.

Puck hopped over his stick 2 times in the game, can't blame him for that
as far as the rest goes he played 2o minutes plus and was a +- 0
he was not on ice for Toronto's 2 powerplay goals
So lets give the guy a break its 1 game and we can't say anything better about most of the other players

Blind Gardien 01-21-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeycanada87 (Post 58030447)
a 3rd pick

A 3rd is kinda like my default starting point hope-for return. If he is really attrocious, then I guess we won't get that and will have to buy him out. If he's better than this, something like the Hal Gill return, like a 2nd and maybe another asset is my upside hope.

I'm pretty optimistic so far that he'll hit the "upside". Go TK! :)

TSA0402 01-21-2013 04:27 PM

Its his contract. Really though a guy like Tomas Kaberle should have more value than alot people here would like to admit.