HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NHL Draft - Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yakupov or Tarasenko (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329219)

Tyler Durden 01-21-2013 01:07 PM

Yakupov or Tarasenko
 
Who do you think will have more points this season? Will one of these guys win the Calder?

RipCityPuckers 01-21-2013 01:09 PM

Tarasenko will have more points, I'd be pretty confident in that

Blue Dot 01-21-2013 01:12 PM

i'm going Tarasenko because he is older, used to playing vs men, seems physically stronger and is in a role where he has no pressure and can just play his game.

this is no knock on Nail and he certainly has the skill to catch fire and come out on top.

it is going to be fun to follow both of these careers.

DuckJet 01-21-2013 01:15 PM

Right now give me Tarasenko. Yakupov was too jumpy in his start and I think that might be a theme until the NHL smooths him out.

InfinityIggy 01-21-2013 01:31 PM

I will take Tarasenko, more mature in that he is used to playing with men. Yakupov is still adjusting. Who will be the better player is a real toss up though.

CarvinSigX 01-21-2013 01:32 PM

For now, Tarasenko. Once Nail gets an NHL body though, he'll be scary. I think Tarasenko is the more physically gifted of the two, but he's also the smarter player and uses his teammates better. Yakupov just has a smaller frame and a more offensive oriented game...But like I said, give him some time.

Insta 01-21-2013 01:33 PM

Tarasenko because he scored in his first game and Yakupov didn't.

Spawn 01-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insta (Post 58020319)
Tarasenko because he scored in his first game and Yakupov didn't.

He was also the better player in the KHL this year. Is older and has more experience playing professional hockey. Wouldn't be a huge surprise if he had a better season this year than Yakupov.

Alklha 01-21-2013 01:41 PM

Tarasenko is obviously the massive favourite to finish with more points. He is further along in his development, has been playing against men for 5 years and has a 2 point lead after 1 game!

Yakupov has a very good chance of being the better player in the long term, but not this season.

BLASPHEMOUS 01-21-2013 01:44 PM

Smart money is on Tarasenko this year, he's currently the better player and his game against Detroit showed that he has few jitters to take care of at this point.

Virtanen2Horvat 01-21-2013 01:48 PM

Tarasenko

Jamin 01-21-2013 01:49 PM

As an oiler fans id take Tarensenko as well, as others have said he is older and more developed. 5 years from now i have no clue.

1 game is not big enough of a sample size imo

Frenzy1 01-21-2013 01:58 PM

As a Blues fan, game 1 will be very differenet from game 30. So who really knows. Honestly, Yak could get more minutes per game as Tarasenko plays on deeper team, so he may get more opportunity to score.

Both are great talents and both teams wouldn't trade their player for the other player.

As for winning the Calder, there is a center down in Florida and a winger Minni who will also figure into things.

McCupofOil 01-21-2013 02:02 PM

Tarasenko is a lot more polished than Yakupov right now, that's pretty obvious and Yakupov won't get as much opportunity in Edmonton as some here think. He's going to get very sheltered 2nd line minutes and 2nd unit PP time so he won't have the opportunity to put up big points so i expect Tarasenko to have a better rookie season. Both have elite skills, it should be fun tracking their progress in the coming years.
This Calder race will be a treat to watch. I bet that a player under the radar will win it. I thought Baertschi before the season and i'm sticking with him.

InfinityIggy 01-21-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupofOil (Post 58022447)
Tarasenko is a lot more polished than Yakupov right now, that's pretty obvious and Yakupov won't get as much opportunity in Edmonton as some here think. He's going to get very sheltered 2nd line minutes and 2nd unit PP time so he won't have the opportunity to put up big points so i expect Tarasenko to have a better rookie season. Both have elite skills, it should be fun tracking their progress in the coming years.
This Calder race will be a treat to watch. I bet that a player under the radar will win it. I thought Baertschi before the season and i'm sticking with him.

FWIW, and not to derail the thread but, he was on the 2nd line with Backlund and Cammy last night and most Flames would tell you he and Backlund were our best forwards, they both had great chances.

I expect him to be given a larger role as the season roles on, doesn't look like they will shelter him. Maybe he will be in the race but with the linemates Tarasenko has, I would still put my money on him.

Orange Thunder 01-21-2013 02:18 PM

Tarasenko

Fedorov 01-21-2013 03:13 PM

I like how St. Loius looked in that first game they play a very high paced strong on the puck style. I think a lot of teams are going to struggle against St Louis and their style and host of talent is going to give Tarasenko a lot of room to work and opportunites.

The oil have a lot of young talent but its not firing on all cylinders yet

McCupofOil 01-21-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 58023515)
FWIW, and not to derail the thread but, he was on the 2nd line with Backlund and Cammy last night and most Flames would tell you he and Backlund were our best forwards, they both had great chances.

I expect him to be given a larger role as the season roles on, doesn't look like they will shelter him. Maybe he will be in the race but with the linemates Tarasenko has, I would still put my money on him.

Yeah, i thought he looked great especially early. I have always been impressed with Baertschi's game, he has a lot of Eberle in his game, incredible hockey sense despite some physical limitations. Great young player and as you said, he will get all the opportunity to succeed right away and i think he's ready for it as much as that pains me to say as an Oiler fan.

bsmith14 01-21-2013 03:32 PM

Its really hard to say after only one game each. Lets bump this thread at the 15 game mark and see how they are doing. Tarasenko is more developed, but Yakupov will be getting top 6 minutes. Really excited to see how either does this season.

Alessandro Seren Rosso 01-21-2013 03:36 PM

Tarasenko is much more of a leader than Yakupov, I'm going with Tarasenko, no doubt. Maybe Yakupov will become a better player (I doubt it, though), but Tarasenko is a true leader and a guy who can bring a team over his shoulders (remember WJC?). Yakupov is not this kind of player. Kuznetsov and Tarasenko, IMHO, are both better than Yakupov (and Grigorenko). But as someone said, we'll see in five years. Surely it's good that all these three (four) players are Russians

InjuredChoker 01-21-2013 03:50 PM

Was Tarasenko before the first game and still is. I have been so high on him for a while now, very excited to see him at NHL, though I want Wings and Columbus to succeed.. Tarasenko is not going to help in that department, lol.

Qvist 01-21-2013 03:55 PM

Tarasenko, definitely. 3 years older, very nearly as talented to begin with, and seasoned by years of playing in a first class senior league, as opposed to that graveyard of top russian talent that is the CHL.

Alklha 01-21-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith14 (Post 58029117)
Its really hard to say after only one game each. Lets bump this thread at the 15 game mark and see how they are doing. Tarasenko is more developed, but Yakupov will be getting top 6 minutes. Really excited to see how either does this season.

Tarasenko will also get plenty of ice time, in good situations. He only had points on his 2 goals on Saturday, but he was on the ice for 4 of the 6 goals.

InfinityIggy 01-21-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupofOil (Post 58029033)
Yeah, i thought he looked great especially early. I have always been impressed with Baertschi's game, he has a lot of Eberle in his game, incredible hockey sense despite some physical limitations. Great young player and as you said, he will get all the opportunity to succeed right away and i think he's ready for it as much as that pains me to say as an Oiler fan.

My only concern with him is injuries. He has a had several since being drafted but nothing reoccurring. My biggest fear is he ends up like Hemsky, all the skill in the world but too fragile.

He seems to have some grit to his game though, I agree with the Eberle comparison very similar skill sets.

Mc5RingsAndABeer 01-21-2013 04:11 PM

Tarasenko will be better for this season IMO

He's a lot older


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.