HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Jack Edwards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329301)

mkoivu9* 01-21-2013 02:53 PM

Jack Edwards

How does this guy still have a job? Can Boston fans actually stand his fictitious calling of the game?

Ollie Williams 01-21-2013 02:55 PM

If you really believe it, it will cease to be fiction for you. You just have to believe!

BigTuna49 01-21-2013 02:57 PM

Because he's very good at calling games. He's just extremely bias and sometimes extremely stupid. lol

start winnin 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

He's entertaining, I can see why Boston fans love him. He's annoying as hell for other fanbases though. :laugh:

habs03 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

He is bias but he is very entertaining, kinda like Pierre Mcguire.

I would actually like to see Jack Edwards do a games not involving the Bruins so he can't be so bias.

Jack Edwards + McGuire on NBC, man that would be amazing to think of it.

Fire Julien 01-21-2013 02:58 PM

TV rating have been increasing every year w/him, he must be doing something right.

The Dangley One 01-21-2013 02:59 PM

Love him, too many bland announcers around the league.

Dellstrom 01-21-2013 02:59 PM

The bi-weekly edition of the Jack Edwards thread!

Jack is awesome. He's a nutcase but he's awesome. And he knows his stuff. His style and personality are very different, I'm not surprised many non-Bruins fans don't like him, but a lot of us love him. Him and Brick call and awesome game. He's very bias, but he's an announcer for the Bruins' network. He has to be. It's not like he's working for NBC. Speaking of NBC, if he ever called a national game between 2 neutral teams, I think he'd earn a lot of respect.

Follower of Yzlam 01-21-2013 03:01 PM

Ya know, I kind of like him. He's crazy and an ass, but he's not awful. I'd like him a lot for National games, actually. I think he'd be great if you take away the homerism.

sharkie88 01-21-2013 03:02 PM

If you're cheering for the opposing team, I agree, Edwards is totally obnoxious. If you're a Bruins fan, or a neutral fan leaning more towards the Bruins, he is hilarious.

My favourite quote from today: "McQuaid looked back at him as if to say, 'You wanna go? I'll use your head as a bowling ball!!'"

Gator Mike 01-21-2013 03:02 PM

I'm starting to think that there might be people out there that don't really care for Jack Edwards' play-by-play work. And that they think he might be a little too biased in favor of the Bruins.

I'll have to look into this.

Beezeral 01-21-2013 03:04 PM

He plays to his audience. He doesn't give a damn about being watched by fans from other markets on NHL center ice or GCL

Machinehead 01-21-2013 03:04 PM

I like Jack Edwards and after hearing him do some Bruins games I really don't hear this unbelievable bias people accuse him of having.

Last year when the Ranger's tv network went out due to labor disputes, I had to watch every game on stream until like February. I would very often get the other team's feed and I've heard them all. Based on that if I were to rank most biased announcers Jack Edwards is near the bottom of the list.

Dasachtach 01-21-2013 03:04 PM

He's entertaining.

CarlWinslow 01-21-2013 03:05 PM

Worst announcer in the league. Voice wise and excitement wise, he's actually not bad. He flat out lies to to the audience though in favor of the Bruins and I simply have no tolerance for that kind of crap.

Lazyking 01-21-2013 03:06 PM

Can we just sticky the Jack Edwards threads? They happen every year.

And for the record, the pittsburgh crew is FAR worse.

habs03 01-21-2013 03:06 PM

Worse have to be those Pitts guys, they are not only bias but pretty boring as well. Best for me is Sam Rosen, and the Rangers crew, along with Joe Beninati from the Caps.

Edit: Shark guys are good, but I don't see them enough.

Soderberg 01-21-2013 03:07 PM

Who cares? He's an obnoxious homer, but we deal with it. He's knowledgable, just over the top. He isn't as biased as people make him out to be though, a lot of times he's praising the opponent.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts 01-21-2013 03:08 PM

Isn't he their own PBP guy?

Why does it matter if he has a bias? The commentary is meant for the Boston Bruins fans.

Milan the God* 01-21-2013 03:09 PM

I actually don't find him half as bad as people on here make him out to be. He can be a homer to the Bruins at times, but he will at least announce both sides of things and many times I've seen him actually disagree with a call that favours the Bruins. He makes the game more entertaining and some of the emphasis he uses makes it hilarious.

Pittsburgh has by far the worst. Also, not sure if the Avs have changed announcers recently but they had a huge homer in the past as well.

Darth Bangkok 01-21-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco (Post 58026983)
TV rating have been increasing every year w/him, he must be doing something right.

yeah, it must be because of him.

Slow Hands 01-21-2013 03:10 PM

Never get why people complain about the play by play guys that only call specific teams.

CanucksSayEh 01-21-2013 03:11 PM

The only time he puts his ridiculously extreme bias aside is when a Bruin dives/embellishes a call. Then he will straight up destroy them like they were any other.

caseygraves 01-21-2013 03:14 PM

He is a homer but he can be fair as well. There are some homer anounncers that will not give any credit to the opposition, like in Nashville of Phoenix.

Man Bear Pig 01-21-2013 03:14 PM

He brings down your IQ by about 15 points when you're listening but he's funny to listen to, if only because he's so delusional. I'd like to hear him do a non-Bruins game, I think he'd actually be good at it. You could do worse than Edwards, and there are much worse.