HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Toni Lydman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329423)

12ozPapa 01-21-2013 04:44 PM

Toni Lydman

It seems that moving Toni Lydman may be a possibility for the Ducks this season. What would teams be willing to give up for him?

Sojourn 01-21-2013 04:54 PM

No friggin way. Lydman is finally healthy, and in game shape. He's a key cog on our blue line right now.

12ozPapa 01-21-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 58033467)
No friggin way. Lydman is finally healthy, and in game shape. He's a key cog on our blue line right now.

Hence why I stated it could happen this season - not immediately.

Later in the season, he could be a piece to be moved, especially if the playoffs are out of sight for the Ducks.

Sojourn 01-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes (Post 58035363)
Hence why I stated it could happen this season - not immediately.

Later in the season, he could be a piece to be moved, especially if the playoffs are out of sight for the Ducks.

On that note, you could say the same thing about Allen, or Souray. Perhaps even Sbisa, depending on how his season goes.

A healthy Lydman is just too important to Anaheim right now. I don't see how Anaheim can afford to move him.

Unholy 01-21-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 58033467)

Lydman is key once again.

A healthy Lydman will be great for us to have this year. If he is the Lydman like he was when he was healthy and playing with Lubo, I don't see him being traded if the Ducks are in the mix. He was just so sound defensively doing all the little things right. He looked pretty good against the Canucks.

Exit Dose 01-21-2013 06:20 PM

He was our best defenseman in the only game that we've played so far. I'm not sure that this is the right time to consider trading him.

KEEROLE Vatanen 01-21-2013 06:34 PM

i'd want him to rebuild his value for a few months first, he did look like the old Lydman first game tho

Selanne138 01-21-2013 07:27 PM

Before the lockout ended I wouldve said a 2nd at the deadline, giving Vatanen or Lindholm a spot on the roster, especially if we were out of things.

But after seeing BB use him in a first pairing shutdown role, and Lydman looking like the defenseman he was in 10-11 against Vancouver, Id say no chance we move him right now.

Elvs 01-21-2013 08:00 PM

While I think it's way to soon to label him as his 10/11 self (when he was almost allstar caliber, quite frankly), I do agree that the Ducks are better off keeping him until the trade deadline.

AmericanRocket91 01-22-2013 01:32 AM

I'd rather keep him