HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Stone up Rundblad down (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329447)

Naurutger 01-21-2013 06:09 PM

Stone up Rundblad down

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=651702

doaner 01-21-2013 06:23 PM

Hmmm

XX 01-21-2013 06:27 PM

Rundblad played well. Not sure if this sends the right message.

zerekstar 01-21-2013 06:27 PM

Trying to figure out who we want to keep and who is available for trade and also to showcase those who may be available.

Sciamachy 01-21-2013 06:36 PM

This kind of feels like a knee-jerk reaction to having 10 put in on us the first couple games. Don't know why after all the praise Maloney and Tip gave Rundblad during camp you send him down after one decent game.

BUX7PHX 01-21-2013 07:10 PM

I'd just say that it is a sacrifice of an offensive D-man for a defensive D-man. Offense has not been the big issue for us so far, and that may change as the season progresses.

Plus, there were a lot of interesting D pairings, looking for players that could work together. Morris and Yandle were on the same pair, and later in the game, I saw Yandle and Schlemko paired together. I don't think that there were any minor injuries to any of our D, but there were moments when I had to do a double-take regarding who was together on ice, and if someone was slowed.

rt 01-21-2013 08:03 PM

Rundblad played well. So...?

Colt45Blast 01-21-2013 08:05 PM

Hmmm

I wonder if David Rundblad had a fit with being scratched for game 2 and he is being sent down as punishment?

Who knows!!!

Sindiggy 01-21-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 58042951)
Hmmm

I wonder if David Rundblad had a fit with being scratched for game 2 and he is being sent down as punishment?

Who knows!!!

I wonder as well, if anyone was at the game, when he was announced and they put him up on the jumbo tron, you could tell he was the one being scratched yesterday. Anyway, I think we need Stone up, he's clearly the better defender.

Rabbit 01-21-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUX7PHX (Post 58037893)
I'd just say that it is a sacrifice of an offensive D-man for a defensive D-man. Offense has not been the big issue for us so far, and that may change as the season progresses.

Plus, there were a lot of interesting D pairings, looking for players that could work together. Morris and Yandle were on the same pair, and later in the game, I saw Yandle and Schlemko paired together. I don't think that there were any minor injuries to any of our D, but there were moments when I had to do a double-take regarding who was together on ice, and if someone was slowed.

I think this guy got it.

cobra427 01-21-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 58035153)
Rundblad played well. Not sure if this sends the right message.

I am not sure he played well. He was going for a line change too early or was out of position for one of the goals and he was -2. Contrast that with Schlemko who was +2 against Chicago. Bringing Stone up could be for show casing or maybe he starts next game. If he starts then who sits? It won't be schlemko after the Chicago game. I think it will be Klesla or maybe Yandle. More likely, perhaps Tip goes with 7 D, then he can limit minutes for which ever D is making stupid plays. Interesting....

DesertDawg 01-21-2013 08:17 PM

My guess,
Camp was too short to properly evaluate the prospects. Don't understand why after just 2 games. Maybe the Coyotes were going to scratch DR again and want him to get a little more playing time?

rt 01-21-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 58042951)
Hmmm

Who knows!!!

When he was introduced right after LOL as part of the 12-13 Coyotes, he had a very disgusted look on his face. I remember laughing (this was before I knew he was a healthy scratch) because I thought he must've just felt awkward about the whole thing (especially being the first skater introduced, etc.) but in retrospect, he might've been legitimately pissed off. He really did look it (and he's a player who generally looks fairly pleased, all of the time, from what I've seen. I mean, google image the kid, for crying out loud).

I know it's just wild speculation, but you might be onto something AP.

I really hope not. If we've managed to alienate a fourth top prospect (I mean elite level prospect) in the last five years, we may really have a problem on our hands (again, just WILD speculation).

rt 01-21-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 58044093)
My guess,
Camp was too short to properly evaluate the prospects. Don't understand why after just 2 games. Maybe the Coyotes were going to scratch DR again and want him to get a little more playing time?

I'd be inclined to agree. You know, Schlemko should've really had the spot to lose and then acquitted himself so well that it really sealed the deal on his being the sixth guy. That makes total sense. Also, it makes more sense for Stone to spend time as a healthy scratch, seventh D than it does Rundblad. Stone is ready. DR has plenty to improve on in the AHL. You could really hurt DR's development by scratching him nightly. Stone, OTH, I don't think would suffer so much for lack of playing.

rt 01-21-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra427 (Post 58043889)
I am not sure he played well. He was going for a line change too early or was out of position for one of the goals and he was -2. Contrast that with Schlemko who was +2 against Chicago. Bringing Stone up could be for show casing or maybe he starts next game. If he starts then who sits? It won't be schlemko after the Chicago game. I think it will be Klesla or maybe Yandle. More likely, perhaps Tip goes with 7 D, then he can limit minutes for which ever D is making stupid plays. Interesting....

That was NOT an early line change. That was a completely appropriate line change. How could he have know Sullivan was going to just give the puck away like that? That goal against was one hundred percent Sullivan's fault. Not Rundblad for changing, not Hanzal or bobbling the pass, and not Smith for letting the puck in. It all starts with Sullivan having a minor stroke while playing the puck.

XX 01-21-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 58044585)
I really hope not. If we've managed to alienate a fourth top prospect (I mean elite level prospect) in the last five years, we may really have a problem on our hands (again, just WILD speculation).

Well, look at the sequence

Be a top talent stuck in the AHL
Finally make a team out of camp, praised by name by coaches/management
Play well in your only game
Get sent down

Just doesn't send the right message to the player. If you wanted Stone that bad, you should have never kept Rundblad out of camp. If you wanted them both that bad, you should have traded someone to make space. I love Schlemko, but he will never be more than a bottom pairing guy. It's okay to lose those.

Kaizen 01-21-2013 08:46 PM

Barring trade or injury we'll see Stone and Rundblad racking up the frequent flyer miles in an effort to keep them both somewhat sharp - getting some semi-frequent game ice split between the desert and Portland.

CC96 01-21-2013 09:02 PM

I just hope Rundblad doesn't get kicked out of gear about being sent down and pull a Turris on us. A lot of you say he looked p***** off during player intros last night, but I couldn't tell because I didn't have a good view of the jumbotron.

WJF 01-21-2013 09:20 PM

I predicted when the Turris - Rundblad trade happened that Turris would get to 100 pts with the Senators before Rundblad got to 10 with the Yotes. Nice to see my prediction is on track.

Now it appears Turris will get to 100 goals with the Sens before Rundblad gets to 10 pts.

Tippet has a history of mismanaging young prospects (i.e under-utilizing them) - OEL is the one exception. This doesn't bode well for our future.

hbk 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

read my prospect reports from the AHL thread. Stone deserved the spot over Rundblad. He's further ahead for the pro game. Rundblad has more work to do.

DesertDawg 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJF (Post 58050619)
I predicted when the Turris - Rundblad trade happened that Turris would get to 100 pts with the Senators before Rundblad got to 10 with the Yotes. Nice to see my prediction is on track.

Now it appears Turris will get to 100 goals with the Sens before Rundblad gets to 10 pts.

Tippet has a history of mismanaging young prospects (i.e under-utilizing them) - OEL is the one exception. This doesn't bode well for our future.

It's a good thing that Vermette is the best player in the deal! Bad drafting has more to do with mismanaging prospects! Gormley will eventually be another exception, and I predict, so will Samuelson. IMO, Boedker ended up being developed properly after Tippet took over. Also Visentin is developing nice and goalies shouldn't be rushed. So I don't see your point about Tippet Mismqanaging prospects. The AHL is for developing players, not a roster spot. Unless, of course, if you don't care about making the playoffs.

cobra427 01-21-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 58045021)
That was NOT an early line change. That was a completely appropriate line change. How could he have know Sullivan was going to just give the puck away like that? That goal against was one hundred percent Sullivan's fault. Not Rundblad for changing, not Hanzal or bobbling the pass, and not Smith for letting the puck in. It all starts with Sullivan having a minor stroke while playing the puck.

I agree Sully screwed up. Tip would not have sat Runblad in game 2 and sent him down now if he played well. I doubt Schlemko sits the next game and winds up in Portland the game after, as an example, because he played well last game.

hbk 01-21-2013 10:29 PM

you guys are overreacting.

When Gretzky used to sit Yandle out routinely we complained. A couple of years later he was in the run for the Norris.

When OEL was scratched frequently his rookie season we complained. He's now the best player in the organization.

Let's let Tippett and Maloney do their thing. Stone can play at the NHL level. Rundblad will develop into an impact player if he gets some more time in the AHL.

Swat Ultra 01-21-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk (Post 58052647)
read my prospect reports from the AHL thread. Stone deserved the spot over Rundblad. He's further ahead for the pro game. Rundblad has more work to do.

This.

Stone deserves the spot much more than rundblad. I was shocked when they sent stone down and kept rundblad.

Blubba Jenkins 01-21-2013 11:38 PM

From the Maine Hockey Journal on Facebook:

Quote:

Spoke with Coyotes' Asst. GM Brad Trelving and the reason for the recall was to give Stone a look.... Thought that Rundblad played "exceptionally well" and is ready for a full time slot in Phoenix, but one doesn't exist so they are going to bring Stone, keep Rundblad playing albetit in Portland and they'll look at moves again next week.
Also, just because Rundblad was pissed doesn't mean he's requesting a trade or that he threw a fit. I don't think he should be thrilled that he's not playing.