HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Official Jonathan Huberdeau Jinx Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329499)

angry_treefrog 01-21-2013 05:59 PM

Official Jonathan Huberdeau Jinx Thread
 
game #opponent Goals Assists points +/- notes
1 CAR 1 2 3 +2 scores 1st goal on 2nd shift
2 @OTT 0 0 0 0 team stinker
3 @ MON 0 0 0 -2  
4 OTT 0 0 0 0  
5 PHI 0 0 0 -1  
6 @ TB 0 0 0 0 
7 WIN 1 0 0 +1
8 @ BUF 0 1 1 0 
9 @ WIN 1 0 0 0 
10 @ PHI 0 0 0 -1 beautiful shootout goal
11 @ WAS 0 0 0 -1 
12 WAS 2 0 2 +1 first career 2 goal night - leads team in goals with 5
13 MON 0 0 0 0  
14 TB 1 0 1 + 1  
15 TOR 0 0 0 -1  
16 @PHI 2 2 4 +3 a beautiful steal, breakaway, penalty shot sequence, NHL 1st star of night
TOTAL 8 5 13 +3 leads all rookies in goals scored

A thread to follow our favorite Panther cub.

Laus723 01-21-2013 06:19 PM

Would be awesome if he won, he's gonna be fun to watch.

Panteras 01-21-2013 06:28 PM

he sure has stiff competition from Tarasenko...all I ask for is that he remains healthy, keeps growing in confidence and improving game after game by helping us win as he continues to adapt

SoupyFIN 01-21-2013 07:29 PM

Jinx thread is jinx. :sarcasm:

FinlandPanther 01-21-2013 08:00 PM

Tarasenko is very impressive. He is built like a bull and has the same skill set as Huberdeau.

Erick 01-21-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinlandPanther (Post 58048523)
Tarasenko is very impressive. He is built like a bull and has the same skill set as Huberdeau.

He's also supposedly not very good defensively and plays for Ken Hitchcock.

FinlandPanther 01-21-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 58050829)
He's also supposedly not very good defensively and plays for Ken Hitchcock.

Ken Hitchcock would have to be stupid to not let that kid play even with defensive issues. He's a stud.

Erick 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinlandPanther (Post 58053521)
Ken Hitchcock would have to be stupid to not let that kid play even with defensive issues. He's a stud.

As it is, he's only playing like 15 minutes per game so far. I think he's doing all of that on the 3rd line so far. I don't know if that's sustainable, but he's obviously very talented, yeah.

AaronEkbald 01-21-2013 10:48 PM

Who cares if he wins the Calder or not.

Crosby was runner-up to Ovechkin. Majority would take Sid over Ovie in 2013.

We have 3 of our regular forwards out of the lineup. Making our lines completely upside down. Course Tarasenko is going to win it. He's more physically mature than Hubs and he's got a much better team around him. Hell, I bet Conacher finishes with more points than Hubs simply for playing with Stammer and St. Louis the whole season.

It took 4 or even 5 seasons in juniors and a season in the AHL for Giroux to finally mature. A guy who came into the league just as scrawny as Hubs.

We can't be stupid with this kid. He's a huge part of the future of our team. The finally Huberdeau product should look similar to Giroux.

Markstrom Rules 01-21-2013 11:00 PM

That Yakupov character is pretty good too.

Dr Beinfest 01-22-2013 12:51 AM

Stamkos put up 23 G 46 A in his rookie season. Took him a year later to put up 51 G 44 A.

There are just as many Jeff Skinners and Tyler Myers winning the Calder as there are Yakupovs and Stamkos.

Point being of course Stamkos didn't win it nor did he even have that amazing of a season, even though he's clearly the better player. The Calder is about NHL readiness at a young age. That's why I think Huberdeau has a good shot at it. He's been getting a lot of rave for his NHL readiness.

flapanthersfan 01-22-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest (Post 58067781)
Stamkos put up 23 G 46 A in his rookie season. Took him a year later to put up 51 G 44 A.

There are just as many Jeff Skinners and Tyler Myers winning the Calder as there are Yakupovs and Stamkos.

Point being of course Stamkos didn't win it nor did he even have that amazing of a season, even though he's clearly the better player. The Calder is about NHL readiness at a young age. That's why I think Huberdeau has a good shot at it. He's been getting a lot of rave for his NHL readiness.

Stamkos' rookie season stats were 23 G and 23 A - not 46 A. 46 points - total.

Huberdeau is actually similar to Stamkos at a young age in that they are (were, in Stamkos' case) extremely scrawny. Huby's skills are definitely NHL-caliber, but i'm still not sold on his body. his board-play was terrible in the WJC and i doubt it gets much better in the NHL with much bigger players

not trying to bash Huberdeau, so before the overly-sensitive tribe jumps all over me for it...all i'm trying to say is to temper expectations a bit. one game doesn't make a season, and one season doesn't make a career. if Huberdeau doesn't dominate this year, it doesn't mean he wont in future seasons...as Stamkos proved.

Hopefully, he dominates and it's not an issue :)

adam graves 01-22-2013 08:26 AM

Great idea .... I'm rooting hard for the kid!

AaronEkbald 01-22-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 58037225)
game #opponent Goals Assists points +/- notes
1 CAR 1 2 3 +2 scores 1st goal on 2nd shift
2 @OTT 0 0 0 0 team stinker

A thread to follow our favorite Panther cub.

Makes me think.. Too bad we can't play Cam Ward and Canes every game.

AaronEkbald 01-22-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 58069549)
Stamkos' rookie season stats were 23 G and 23 A - not 46 A. 46 points - total.

Huberdeau is actually similar to Stamkos at a young age in that they are (were, in Stamkos' case) extremely scrawny. Huby's skills are definitely NHL-caliber, but i'm still not sold on his body. his board-play was terrible in the WJC and i doubt it gets much better in the NHL with much bigger players

not trying to bash Huberdeau, so before the overly-sensitive tribe jumps all over me for it...all i'm trying to say is to temper expectations a bit. one game doesn't make a season, and one season doesn't make a career. if Huberdeau doesn't dominate this year, it doesn't mean he wont in future seasons...as Stamkos proved.

Hopefully, he dominates and it's not an issue :)

Stamkos came from the OHL and Hubs came from the Q.

Guys from the Q typically take longer to adjust. Also depends on the player's skill level and physical presence.

Think of the Giroux's development.

Dr Beinfest 01-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 58069549)
Stamkos' rookie season stats were 23 G and 23 A - not 46 A. 46 points - total.


... typo. Meant to say 46 P.

TurboBrick 01-22-2013 10:21 AM

Don't forget the rookie from the other FL club, Cory Conacher. 1+3 in two games and he got moved up next to Stamkos and St. Louis in the last game.

Montsy14 01-22-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboBrick (Post 58077937)
Don't forget the rookie from the other FL club, Cory Conacher. 1+3 in two games and he got moved up next to Stamkos and St. Louis in the last game.

Not sure if you're comparing him to Hubs or not?...

Conacher is 4 years older and has over 100 games AHL experience.

Edit: I presume you just meant to keep an eye on him for the Calder...in which case, yes, good point.

RainingRats 01-22-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 58045143)
Jinx thread is jinx. :sarcasm:

haha yup

King Panther 01-22-2013 11:09 AM

not sure if ive ever seen a bigger jinx thread in my life. :shakehead

LUUUUUIS 01-22-2013 11:24 AM

Oh no! A jinx thread! We should do something to counteract it! :sarcasm:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q8kwBMZGIK..._030220101.jpg

Coolburn 01-22-2013 01:23 PM

Just thought I'd share this link to compare against other rookies:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...sition/rookies

angry_treefrog 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Panther (Post 58080703)
not sure if ive ever seen a bigger jinx thread in my life. :shakehead

It's only a jinx if you expect him to win the Calder.

I don't.

He's got tremendous talent, but he still needs to grow into it... and I'm hoping to have a lot of fun watching him grow.

That's what this thread is for.

AaronEkbald 01-23-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 58103395)
It's only a jinx if you expect him to win the Calder.

I don't.

He's got tremendous talent, but he still needs to grow into it... and I'm hoping to have a lot of fun watching him grow.

That's what this thread is for.

He was creating scoring chances all by himself in the 5-on-3 and 4 minute powerplay in the 3rd last night. Poised with the puck and willing to battle. He has been getting dominated physically. But, ya.. Let's see if the home crowd can fire up this team on Thursday and Hubs can contribute some more! Trying to stay positive over here!

Laus723 01-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 58103395)
It's only a jinx if you expect him to win the Calder.

I don't.

He's got tremendous talent, but he still needs to grow into it... and I'm hoping to have a lot of fun watching him grow.

That's what this thread is for.

It's only a jinx if you believe in that crap. Some thread is up, that he most assuredly doesn't know about, and he's jinxed now??? It's gonna be talked about anyway...make a thread.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.