HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: Will Kovy get Cheered or Booed? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329557)

StopTheClock 01-21-2013 07:16 PM

Will Kovy get Cheered or Booed?

watching the sens game right now, the crowd is getting on him a bit. wonder how the crowd will react tomorrow night? will be mixed reaction Im assuming. If I was there I would cheer like a maniac Kovy is still my hero always will be :handclap:

Whitesnake 01-21-2013 07:19 PM

Big cheers for sure. And a big boo from posters in the GDT towards the crowd.

LeHab 01-21-2013 07:19 PM

People liked him here, can't see why they would boo him.

Plus he already had his big game and should be quiet for a while. ;)

JMMR 01-21-2013 07:36 PM

Kovalev like 90% of NHLers care about one thing.
The all mighty GREEN.
If he wanted to stay in Montreal that bad would have taken Gaineys offer no matter what.
I'd boo him, its fun to do and knocks some players off their game.

JGRB 01-21-2013 07:42 PM

Standing O.

This isn't even a question. Most popular player in Montreal since Roy, and this isn't even debatable.

StopTheClock 01-21-2013 07:49 PM

ya maybe I been reading this forum too much. the Kovy bashers have brainwashed me LOL. will be an epic standing O :handclap: will hit me in the feel even more than the opening ceremony. make me shed a single tear

That Habs Fan 01-21-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 58045805)
Kovalev like 90% of NHLers care about one thing.
The all mighty GREEN.
If he wanted to stay in Montreal that bad would have taken Gaineys offer no matter what.
I'd boo him, its fun to do and knocks some players off their game.

too bad I can't unmake your avatar ;)

not that I'll be there, but if I were, I'd cheer.

on a related note, I think Galchenyuk should stick with #94, not because he 'doesn't deserve Kovalev's number' but because he deserves a number all his own

Et le But 01-21-2013 07:57 PM

The only former Hab still in the league who deserves more cheers than Kovy is Koivu.

Dagistitsyn 01-21-2013 07:58 PM

He'll get booed, but he shouldn't.

Wish he hadda got the try out with the Habs..

Gary320 01-21-2013 07:59 PM

If Habs are winning = he will get booed. He will get cheered if they lose. Usually how it always works out.

Canadiens Ghost 01-21-2013 08:04 PM

I don't see why he would get any cheers or boos. At times he was great and very exciting to watch. Many other times he was frustrating. I would have voted for the option "applaud politely". That being said, I'm pretty sure he will get cheers and maybe even a standing O tomorrow night.

Quarantesix 01-21-2013 08:05 PM

Komisarek wasn't even boo last game .

CrAzYNiNe 01-21-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 58049127)
Komisarek wasn't even boo last game .

Why would we boo him? He did us a favor by leaving the franchise.

Habs 4 Life 01-21-2013 08:20 PM

Cheered

Fish on The Sand 01-21-2013 08:26 PM

didn't Kovalev get a standing ovation when he scored in our building as a Sen?

overlords 01-21-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 58046489)
Standing O.

This isn't even a question. Most popular player in Montreal since Roy, and this isn't even debatable.

You know, except that Koivu guy.

But yeah, he'll get big cheers at the beginning. Then maybe some boos while he has the puck to throw him off his game. More of a respect thing than anything.

LyricalLyricist 01-21-2013 08:52 PM

I'd be indifferent.

Et le But 01-21-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 58052835)
You know, except that Koivu guy.

But yeah, he'll get big cheers at the beginning. Then maybe some boos while he has the puck to throw him off his game. More of a respect thing than anything.

Koivu had as many haters as lovers though. Kovalev had (and still does) have people who hate him with a passion, but people wanted to drive Koivu out of town basically every summer.

TheDamned 01-21-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 58046489)
Standing O.

Well said Sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 58051139)
didn't Kovalev get a standing ovation when he scored in our building as a Sen?

I was there, he did. Some dumb people booed him but we rapidly stood up and give him a Standing Ovation. It was epic, i almost shed a tear at that moment.

Tomorrow night will be very special, Kovy will dominate and prove we should've signed him this year too. Heck, he would be a top 2 winger with us.

Our team is miserable.

habtastic 01-22-2013 12:12 AM

Depends how the game goes.

He'll get booed out of respect in the beginning.

If we put up a one goal lead, people will forget about him and focus on the game.
If we put up a two goal lead, they'll go back to focussing on Kovalev.
If Kovy ruins us, the crowd will cheer him.

If I were there I'd do neither except show appreciation in a rare moment at the beginning. Otherwise, I want the Habs to, you know, beat his team, so I'm not giving him any more incentive than he already has, which is quite a bit. I'm more worried about Huberdeau. We already got burned by one Habs fan (Kadri - so knew that would happen), it's bound to happen. Ex players and fans growing up - our biggest foes. Oh and RJ Umberger.

Bacchus1 01-22-2013 01:07 AM

I'd be saddened if people booed a former, loyal, Habs player. The guy didn't want to leave! He was frustrating to watch, because you knew he had more, but he was a loyal player, helped the community, and was at times, a glorious player. I'd cheer Kovvy!

MasterDecoy 01-22-2013 03:23 AM

why would he be booed exactly?

wedge 01-22-2013 05:26 AM

I hope he won't be booed. Kovalev has done great things for this team and also for the city. He wanted to come back. It's not his fault.

I really hope he gets the cheers he deserves.

FakeKidPoker* 01-22-2013 05:30 AM

Why is he so popular in Montreal?

He had one good/great season other then that a bunch of ok to bad seasons.

Wasn't even a part of the run to the Conference Final.

Davebo 01-22-2013 05:54 AM

Where's the 'I'm indifferent' poll option?