HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Goalie Prospect (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329643)

Tyler Durden 01-21-2013 09:48 PM

Best Goalie Prospect

Who do you think are the top goalie prospects, already drafted that will most likely be with their team very soon.

Vankiller Whale 01-21-2013 09:51 PM

Markstrom, Lehner, Lack, off the top of my head.

danishh 01-21-2013 09:56 PM

markstrom and lehner are probably the consensus top two. Both extremely skilled and nhl ready this year.

dan1el 01-21-2013 10:57 PM

Ya this really is Markstrom and Lehner, then a big gap, the Lack, IMO. I think Markstrom is slightly ahead of Lehner at this point.

Tyler Durden 01-21-2013 11:04 PM

Out of these teams who has the best goalie prospects and which one of them will be a backup or starter soon

Toronto
Tampa Bay
San Jose
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
Rangers
Islanders
New Jersey
Nashville
Montreal
Los Angeles
Edmonton
Colorado
Chicago
Calgary
Buffalo
Winnipeg

Still All In 01-21-2013 11:14 PM

Vasilevski has to be up there as well. Kid has been a stud and is STILL WJC eligible.

I am the Liquor 01-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 58064479)
Out of these teams who has the best goalie prospects and which one of them will be a backup or starter soon

Toronto
Tampa Bay
San Jose
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
Rangers
Islanders
New Jersey
Nashville
Montreal
Los Angeles
Edmonton
Colorado
Chicago
Calgary
Buffalo
Winnipeg

Is this a test?

blink 01-21-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Toronto
Tampa Bay
San Jose
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
Rangers
Islanders
New Jersey
Nashville
Montreal
Los Angeles
Edmonton
Colorado
Chicago
Calgary
Buffalo
Winnipeg

IMO Tampa, Phoenix and Colorado have the best goalie prospects out of those teams listed. I like Phoenix's stable of goalie prospects, not so much Visentin but I do like Mike Lee alot. Jon Gillies has impressed me as well in Calgary but his ETA is 3-4 years at least.

To answer your question, I'd take the Islanders and Kevin Poulin or Tampa with Dustin Tokarski. Nashville's Jeremy Smith should get some consideration too for a backup spot but not til next year.

Beegoalie 01-22-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Toronto
Tampa Bay
San Jose
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
Rangers
Islanders
New Jersey
Nashville
Montreal
Los Angeles
Edmonton
Colorado
Chicago
Calgary
Buffalo
Winnipeg

Better add Minnesota to that list..with Hackett, Gustafsson, and Kuemper in the system they are very set.

AngelDuck 01-22-2013 01:17 AM

John Gibson won't be with the Ducks for another two years at least probably, but I think he's the best goalie prospect in the world. He just confirmed that at the WJC.

mkoivu9* 01-22-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 58060527)
markstrom and lehner are probably the consensus top two. Both extremely skilled and nhl ready this year.

yeah,the big three are definitely those 2 and Hackett than probably a bit of a drop off from there.

Jacko95 01-22-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Toronto
Tampa Bay
San Jose
Pittsburgh
Phoenix
Rangers
Islanders
New Jersey
Nashville
Montreal
Los Angeles
Edmonton
Colorado
Chicago
Calgary
Buffalo
Winnipeg

Short term I would go with Minnesota ( yes I know they aren't on the list) and longterm with Tampa they have great goalies on every level. Tokarski and Helenius in the AHL, Vasilevsky (1,82 GAA in 5 games) and Janus (2,10 as a starter) in the KHL and a promising NCAA freshman in Adam Wilcox (20 consecutive starts and a 1,72 GAA)

Dynamo81 01-22-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still All In (Post 58064879)
Vasilevski has to be up there as well. Kid has been a stud and is STILL WJC eligible.

Couple of weeks ago he had his first KHL Start and got a shut out only to be pulled in the next game. He was given another start last night stopping 22 of 23 shots.

Jacko95 01-22-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo81 (Post 58068727)
Couple of weeks ago he had his first KHL Start and got a shut out only to be pulled in the next game. He was given another start last night stopping 22 of 23 shots.

Well give him some time to get to KHL pace, he is still 18 until July ( youngest KHL goalie ever, right? I'm not sure about this) so he will be unbelievable in a year or 2

DuckJet 01-22-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 58068239)
John Gibson won't be with the Ducks for another two years at least probably, but I think he's the best goalie prospect in the world. He just confirmed that at the WJC.

Of course it takes a Ducks fan or two for him to make an appearance in this thread
:shakehead

NH57 01-22-2013 06:29 AM

I'd say Markstrom is the top goalie prospect. Lehner, J.Gibson, Vasilevski, and J.Allen are also up there.

Bolt32 01-22-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 58068239)

Unlikely. Gibson is a hell of a prospect don't get me wrong. There is a thing called a hotstreak.....you know some times lasting for about 10 games or so. I think its fair to say Gibson was on said streak. Also the USA's defense as a whole just enveloped the whole tournament. He isn't the best goaltending prospect in the world. What would happen if Markstrom would of played for Sweden in the WJC. (I know, I know hes too old.) Lets just say they gave that team an exemption and let him play for Sweden. Yeah....his save percentage would of been in the .97 range. No joke.

Fire Sweeney 01-22-2013 07:52 AM

Vasilevski is by far the best goalie prospect in the world.

MikeModano9 01-22-2013 08:55 AM

Markstrom by a mile as of now. Lehner is next, just look at what Jack Campbell did at the wjc, or pogge. These guys like Gibson and Vasilevski or Even Subban have years before we know what we are really getting. Yes they could be the best eventually but right now imo it's Markstrom.

Trvp Lord 01-22-2013 09:01 AM

Gibson, Lehner, Vasilevski, Markstrom, Lack, Allen, Mrazek, Hackett, Subban, Binnington.

InfinityIggy 01-22-2013 10:09 AM

Makarov. Just because he hasn't been mentioned yet.

JackBauer 01-22-2013 10:15 AM

Markstrom and Lehner are the top 2. Markstrom has been better in the AHL but I personally think that Lehner's been better in their limited NHL experience thus far.

DuckJet 01-22-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolt32 (Post 58071167)
Unlikely. Gibson is a hell of a prospect don't get me wrong. There is a thing called a hotstreak.....you know some times lasting for about 10 games or so. I think its fair to say Gibson was on said streak. Also the USA's defense as a whole just enveloped the whole tournament. He isn't the best goaltending prospect in the world. What would happen if Markstrom would of played for Sweden in the WJC. (I know, I know hes too old.) Lets just say they gave that team an exemption and let him play for Sweden. Yeah....his save percentage would of been in the .97 range. No joke.

The WJC wasn't out of the ordinary for Gibson. That's how he's been playing in the OHL pretty much since getting drafted. Pretty long hot streak if you ask me. Also he was just as good if a little more unexperienced as Hiller and Fasth at camp.

blink 01-22-2013 11:15 AM

I love some of the replies in this thread. Go and re-read what the OP first posted. Basically asking for the best goalies that aren't already on NHL teams that will be shortly.

Now, I love Gibson more than mostly any other goalie prospect. I believe DuckJet has seen a few of my previous posts regarding Gibson. Too bad he likely won't be on Anaheim for another 3-4 years.

Then, the OP posts a list of teams and people just come up with their own teams to add to the list :shakehead

Minnesota wasn't on the list, Gibson won't be with the Ducks anytime soon. Why are they even being mentioned in this thread?

tony d 01-22-2013 11:15 AM

Top 5:

1) Markstrom
2) Lehner
3) Gibson
4) Vasilevski
5) Subban