HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Vancouver Sun: We have a potential deal in place with one team,’ GM says of Luongo deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329709)

Vanier Park 01-21-2013 11:50 PM

We have a potential deal in place with one team,’ GM says of Luongo deal
 
Quote:


Canucks GM Mike Gillis won’t be stampeded into changing plan: ‘This team as good’ as 2011 Cup finalists

‘We have a potential deal in place with one team,’ general manager says of a Roberto Luongo deal

...

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.

Like, how?

“Excess salary coming back with a [throw-in] player who can’t play in our lineup. They say, ‘OK, we’ll do this, but you’ve got to take this.’ Well, we’re not taking it. We’ve had lots of proposals like that with good pieces that can help us but the other part doesn’t help us, and oftentimes they have term attached to them, so we’d just be turning around and buying out a guy.


Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz2IgGYXED2

Eddy Punch Clock 01-21-2013 11:52 PM

In before the "moved" .....again.

:D

shortshorts 01-21-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock (Post 58066199)
In before the "moved" .....again.

:D

For a guy who wouldn't want to be a mod for all the cookies in the world...


Those cookies are irresistible aren't they. :naughty:

Fat Tony 01-21-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait.
Let the speculating begin.

Vanier Park 01-21-2013 11:55 PM

Oh crap, I need new specs, didn't see the Luongo thread on the first page. Please move if you are so inclined ;-) sorry

DennisReynolds 01-21-2013 11:58 PM

But if Luongo says no....

shortshorts 01-21-2013 11:58 PM

Crosby?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Golden Boy 01-21-2013 11:59 PM

Watch it be a 3 team trade involving Dallas. Imagine if we did get Benn...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Benn - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

A cycling line, a crash and bang line with the ability to score, defensively responsible forechecking 3rd line and a checking 4th line. That's amazing.

Vankiller Whale 01-21-2013 11:59 PM

Shea Weber.

Eddy Punch Clock 01-22-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortshorts (Post 58066239)
For a guy who wouldn't want to be a mod for all the cookies in the world...


Those cookies are irresistible aren't they. :naughty:

This damned hunger strike is making me delirious.

:poutine:

(always wondered if that poutine smilie would ever come in handy)

CookieCrumbs* 01-22-2013 12:01 AM

Kind of exciting, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Zombotron 01-22-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Promethesis (Post 58066447)
Watch it be a 3 team trade involving Dallas. Imagine if we did get Benn...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Benn - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows
Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

A cycling line, a crash and bang line with the ability to score, defensively responsible forechecking 3rd line and a checking 4th line. That's amazing.

Not saying it's going to be Dallas, but I bet the Luongo trade is a three-way deal.

Eddy Punch Clock 01-22-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieCrumbs (Post 58066511)
Kind of exciting, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Mmmmm.... cookie crumbs.

Socratic Method Man 01-22-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombotron (Post 58066571)
Not saying it's going to be Dallas, but I bet the Luongo trade is a three-way deal.

Benn is their future captain and franchise player. They want to build the franchise around him. I would love him as much as anyone here, the guy is amazing. But it's not fair to get people's hopes up when we have zero chance. (I know you weren't saying we have a chance, this isn't really directed at you).

shortshorts 01-22-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock (Post 58066603)
Mmmmm.... cookie crumbs.

:biglaugh:

KISSland 01-22-2013 12:07 AM

Saving face?

Mr. Canucklehead 01-22-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock (Post 58066199)
In before the "moved" .....again.

:D

I think this is big enough to warrant it's own thread. ;)

Very interesting quote. Someone else speculated maybe Colorado, waiting on the O'Reilly situation. That was good theory - not saying it's Colorado, but something like that could be at play.

shortshorts 01-22-2013 12:08 AM

DAL: Kesler, Weiss
VAN: Benn
FLA: Luongo

:D :D :D

Kesler is Bestler 01-22-2013 12:08 AM

Ok so judging by his quote... its not Philly TO or Florida.

Atlantic
New Jersey Devils - Nope
New York Islanders - Nope
New York Rangers - Nope
Pittsburgh Penguins - Nope

Northeast
Boston Bruins - Nope
Buffalo Sabres - Nope
Montreal Canadiens - Nope
Ottawa Senators - Nope

Southeast
Carolina Hurricanes - Nope
Tampa Bay Lightning - Nope
Washington Capitals - Maybe
Winnipeg Jets - Nope

Central
Chicago Blackhawks - Nope
Columbus Blue Jackets - Nope
Detroit Red Wings - Nope
Nashville Predators - Nope
St. Louis Blues - Nope

Northwest
Calgary Flames - Nope
Colorado Avalanche - Nope
Edmonton Oilers - Nope
Minnesota Wild - Nope

Pacific
Anaheim Ducks - Nope
Dallas Stars - Nope
Los Angeles Kings - Nope
Phoenix Coyotes - Nope
San Jose Sharks - Nope

My guess, its the Capitals

Canucker 01-22-2013 12:11 AM

I'm betting its BS, but if he's being honest and there is a team I'm going to guess its Washington.

Crows* 01-22-2013 12:12 AM

are the caps waiting on a player to sign or something?

VinnyC 01-22-2013 12:13 AM

I think he's just throwing bones for the media.

crazy Kassian 01-22-2013 12:13 AM

Dallas and Capitals...

They have GREAT goaltending, why should they care... Is it because we want Benn, let's move on

windflare 01-22-2013 12:16 AM

My guess is Drew Shore, who is called up right now to fill a spot because of the injury to Versteeg. But who knows.

Zombotron 01-22-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler (Post 58066757)
Ok so judging by his quote... its not Philly TO or Florida.

Atlantic
New Jersey Devils - Nope
New York Islanders - Nope
New York Rangers - Nope
Pittsburgh Penguins - Nope

Northeast
Boston Bruins - Nope
Buffalo Sabres - Nope
Montreal Canadiens - Nope
Ottawa Senators - Nope

Southeast
Carolina Hurricanes - Nope
Tampa Bay Lightning - Nope
Washington Capitals - Maybe
Winnipeg Jets - Nope

Central
Chicago Blackhawks - Nope
Columbus Blue Jackets - Nope
Detroit Red Wings - Nope
Nashville Predators - Nope
St. Louis Blues - Nope

Northwest
Calgary Flames - Nope
Colorado Avalanche - Nope
Edmonton Oilers - Nope
Minnesota Wild - Nope

Pacific
Anaheim Ducks - Nope
Dallas Stars - Nope
Los Angeles Kings - Nope
Phoenix Coyotes - Nope
San Jose Sharks - Nope

My guess, its the Capitals

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canucker (Post 58066831)
I'm betting its BS, but if he's being honest and there is a team I'm going to guess its Washington.

Give me Carlson or give me death.

Or Orlov.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.