HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Very interesting video (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329735)

Squeeven 01-22-2013 01:33 AM

Very interesting video

Wasn't sure where to post this but I stumbled upon this on youtube and as you can see its a pre-draft interview. I just thought it was really interesting to see the three of them as young prospects because I'm only 21 so I would have been like 6 at the time, therefore I remember nothing of that draft year lol. Its also funny to see how thick Luongos accent was back then. Marleau and Thornton haven't changed a bit ha ha. Seeing this also kinda made me feel sorry for Luongo because I don't think its right the way he's been shafted these past few years.

In my honest opinion I think these three are future hall of famers and I just thought it would be interesting to share.

Chubbs 01-22-2013 01:51 AM

I remember watching this before and laughing at Luongo's answer.

Interviewer: So who do you model your style after?
Luongo: I don't look to anybody for my style. It's my own style. But I use the butterfly like Patrick Roy.

TheJuxtaposer 01-22-2013 01:53 AM

I've seen that vid before, funny stuff. Between Lu's answers, Joe's hair, and Patty's awkward staring at the camara, I laugh pretty hard.

Barrie22 01-22-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 58068823)
I've seen that vid before, funny stuff. Between Lu's answers, Joe's hair, and Patty's awkward staring at the camara, I laugh pretty hard.

so nothing really has changed since lol.

LeeIFBB 01-22-2013 10:27 AM

Awesome video.

A couple things. First, their ties are awful. That was 1996? Oof. Second, what's going on at 21 seconds where it looks like Marleau is starting to lean into the interviewer and then pulls back?

Wedontneedroads 01-22-2013 11:06 AM

It is absolutely amazing how much things have changed over the past 15 years.

Great video.

RainbowDash 01-22-2013 11:32 AM

This ****ing video is hilarious.

Guy: Are you excited about the prospect of getting to the national hockey league? I know its your dream.

Patty: Yeah, it uh...something a long time comin'...and hopefully...I'm gonna get there...
*stares at camera*

Squeeven 01-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniversalRemonster (Post 58081877)
This ****ing video is hilarious.

Guy: Are you excited about the prospect of getting to the national hockey league? I know its your dream.

Patty: Yeah, it uh...something a long time comin'...and hopefully...I'm gonna get there...
*stares at camera*

Ha ha yeah, Marleau was definitely nervous. Same with Luongo. Jumbo of course loves being on the camera as we can see there and now ha ha.

The Nemesis 01-24-2013 09:03 PM

Oh my god, Joe Thornton conducts an entire interview with his shirt on!

also, he totally needs to grow his hair out like that again.