HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: Detroit Signs Kent Huskins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329893)

Grittzkey 01-22-2013 09:26 AM

Detroit Signs Kent Huskins
 
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Ken Holland tells MLive he ow working to sign a veteran D for tonight's game. "Been on phone for couple hours" he said.

MOD EDIT: Per McKenzie, it's Kent Huskins

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...61869511028737

Quote:

DET is signing UFA defenceman Kent Huskins today. One year, one way contract.

Hobnobs 01-22-2013 09:28 AM

Does that mean hes demoting Lashoff or Smith? I just hope we get rid of quincey.

Pierre Dagenais 01-22-2013 09:29 AM

It's Campoli time baby

loLZokAY 01-22-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobnobs (Post 58075303)
Does that mean hes demoting Lashoff or Smith? I just hope we get rid of quincey.

No, due to Covo's injury last night, ontop of Kindl's groin we're just loose at the back end. We would most likely call up Almqvist tonight, but it looks like Holland wants to fix this hole with more than duct tape. Lashoff will see more time tonight and Smith is a full-timer now.

Hobnobs 01-22-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loLZokAY (Post 58075397)
No, due to Covo's injury last night, ontop of Kindl's groin we're just loose at the back end. We would most likely call up Almqvist tonight, but it looks like Holland wants to fix this hole with more than duct tape. Lashoff will see more time tonight and Smith is a full-timer now.

Yea I really liked Lashoff last game. Think eh deserves more time for sure. Smith has been decent but I still like him over Quincey and Ericsson.

WingedWheel1987 01-22-2013 09:33 AM

It's obviously Lilja.

MeestaDeteta 01-22-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais (Post 58075329)
It's Campoli time baby

This seems the most likely.

clydesdale line 01-22-2013 09:35 AM

Obviously he's convincing Lidstrom to come out of retirement to sign him. :sarcasm:

Kid Dynamite 01-22-2013 09:38 AM

Subban will look good in a Wings jersey.

96 01-22-2013 09:40 AM

Kubina?

loLZokAY 01-22-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 96 (Post 58075845)
Kubina?

He's in Europe currently. The player that Holland is after has to be somewhere that he could be in Detroit for tonights game. All the tweets and reports are saying that Holland wants this signing done and the player to play in TONIGHTS game. So we can start eliminating some names....

caley 01-22-2013 09:46 AM

A quick peek at the UFA list shows

-Brad Lukowich
-Chris Campoli
-Mark Eaton
-Colin White
-Kent Huskins
-Brett Clark
-Jeff Finger
-Randy Jones
-Brett Lebda
-Dean Arsene

Holland almost might be better off dumping a pick to a team and taking a vet off somebody's hands who's already demoted to the AHL (Ryan Parent, Matt Smaby, Adam Pardy, Tyler Sloan, Jay Leach, Matt Walker, Andreas Lilja, Mike Mottau, Derek Meech)

SoupNazi 01-22-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 58076155)
Holland almost might be better off dumping a pick to a team and taking a vet off somebody's hands who's already demoted to the AHL (Ryan Parent, Matt Smaby, Adam Pardy, Tyler Sloan, Jay Leach, Matt Walker, Andreas Lilja, Mike Mottau, Derek Meech)

I agree but I don't want Lilja or Meech near this team.

Vitto79 01-22-2013 09:49 AM

Colin White was skating with the Blues then released so thats my guess

loLZokAY 01-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 58076155)
A quick peek at the UFA list shows

-Brad Lukowich
-Chris Campoli
-Mark Eaton
-Colin White
-Kent Huskins
-Brett Clark
-Jeff Finger
-Randy Jones
-Brett Lebda
-Dean Arsene

Holland almost might be better off dumping a pick to a team and taking a vet off somebody's hands who's already demoted to the AHL (Ryan Parent, Matt Smaby, Adam Pardy, Tyler Sloan, Jay Leach, Matt Walker, Andreas Lilja, Mike Mottau, Derek Meech)

It almost seems like he's going the trading route. He's been on the phone for hours, which likely means he's working a bigger deal than just talking to an agent. Detroit has a logjam upfront right now, especially with players like Emmerton that aren't waiver exempt anymore. We very well could see a package deal go down today. Thanks for the list, regardless of what happens! :)

Huddy* 01-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 (Post 58075489)
It's obviously Lilja.

Lilja isnt a FA

Scouter 01-22-2013 09:53 AM

My guess is Lebda, being an ex Wing and all.

PWJunior 01-22-2013 09:54 AM

Lubomir Visnovsky, he would definitely report to the powerful Red Wings. ;)

loLZokAY 01-22-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 58076625)
Lubomir Visnovsky, he would definitely report to the powerful Red Wings. ;)

haha, this has been a long running joke within the detroit community. is he actually in RI yet, or has he still yet failed to report? I know he's currently suspended within the club, but i was unsure if he actually made it on American soil yet. As much as I would love to see him come to the Wings, I don't think I want to touch that with a 10 ft pole. That dude screams trouble for clubs so far.

HANDZ 57 01-22-2013 09:59 AM

Finger 3.75 mil

New Sabres Captain 01-22-2013 09:59 AM

Offer sheet to Subban, duh

Huddy* 01-22-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 58076907)
Offer sheet to Subban, duh

since when can you go after RFA and sign them during a season

CreeksideStrangler 01-22-2013 10:02 AM

Leafs trade ;) filpula for holzer and a second

HawksTillDeath 01-22-2013 10:07 AM

soooooooooooo campoli

sepster 01-22-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huddy (Post 58077017)
since when can you go after RFA and sign them during a season

In normal, full season you can sign a RFA to an offer sheet at any time prior to the trade deadline, I believe. Carolina did it with Fedorov. He was a RFA up until he started to skate for Russia in the '98 Olympics and, I believe, he signed Carolina's offer sheet while at the Olympics. Wings matched when he got back and that was that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.