HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Proposal: Trade Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1329927)

AintLifeGrand 01-22-2013 09:56 AM

Trade Thread

I think its obvious 2 games in we need some additional pieces or its going to be a long season....

Maybe we could throw out a 1st and Blum for Ryan O'Reilly

Cashville 01-22-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 58076735)
I think its obvious 2 games in we need some additional pieces or its going to be a long season....

Doubt he's traded, but if he is, I expect them to demand an overpayment. O'Reilly has also been pretty inconsistent with 55, 26, 26, 66, 52 pts over the past five seasons and he played 74+ games in both 26 point seasons.

I think we're going to stand pat until the deadline and see where we stand. Frankly, we lost our first two, but our play has been pretty fair and there are no major red flags that scream trade right now assuming Bourque and Goose recover as scheduled. Our bottom 6 forwards are pretty shaky right now outside of Spaling and Hustlechuk; if we make a trade, I think there's a good chance you would see it filling a spot there. It also works with Poile's trade history; he rarely swings for the fences.

I Will Son 01-22-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashville (Post 58077813)
Doubt he's traded, but if he is, I expect them to demand an overpayment. O'Reilly has also been pretty inconsistent with 55, 26, 26, 66, 52 pts over the past five seasons and he played 74+ games in both 26 point seasons.

I think we're going to stand pat until the deadline and see where we stand. Frankly, we lost our first two, but our play has been pretty fair and there are no major red flags that scream trade right now assuming Bourque and Goose recover as scheduled. Our bottom 6 forwards are pretty shaky right now outside of Spaling and Hustlechuk; if we make a trade, I think there's a good chance you would see it filling a spot there. It also works with Poile's trade history; he rarely swings for the fences.

Ummmm You counted his 2 OHL seasons. O'Reilly has been great since his rookie year. He's only 21

He had low points his first 2 years cause he was a teenager and he was in a defensive role on Colorado. He had a hit spurt late in his 2nd year which he got promoted for and then his offense really showed.

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 58076735)

Absolutely no chance Colorado does that...0 chance...I asked them over the off-season and they said they would consider Josi. Blum+1st doesn't do much for them IMO.

I agree another piece would be good, but I just don't see a top 4 PMD or a top line forward that can be had without losing pieces that open bigger holes.

token grinder 01-22-2013 11:38 AM

ha! O'Reilly is the next coming of Legwand. Solid player, but not one you pay that price for.

My hope was the Anaheim wouls start out on the suck and sour Getzlaf or Perry and make a move for him. Other than that, we would have to look to a place like Carolina and Semin. I would also love to have Ryan Clowe from San Jose.

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by token grinder (Post 58082201)
ha! O'Reilly is the next coming of Legwand. Solid player, but not one you pay that price for.

My hope was the Anaheim wouls start out on the suck and sour Getzlaf or Perry and make a move for him. Other than that, we would have to look to a place like Carolina and Semin. I would also love to have Ryan Clowe from San Jose.

If Evander Kane and 'Peg are really butting heads, We need to ask about him for sure.

Cashville 01-22-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 58078301)
Ummmm You counted his 2 OHL seasons.

Just keeping you on your toes obviously!

DontCallPlayersStuds 01-22-2013 12:04 PM

If there's a player currently having contract issues I'd go for, it's PK Subban.

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc (Post 58083581)
If there's a player currently having contract issues I'd go for, it's PK Subban.

Weber-Josi
Klein-Subban
Ellis-Hannan

Split up Weber and Subban because they wouldn't work as a pairing, but wow, that D is unreal. I would actual say we trade Ellis+Watson+ or something for him and throw Blum on pairing 3 instead.

Cashville 01-22-2013 12:17 PM

MTL would riot if he was traded. What's the issue with Weber and Subban being paired other than both being right shots?

And my work productivity has gone down like 50% since hockey started up.

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashville (Post 58084293)
MTL would riot if he was traded. What's the issue with Weber and Subban being paired other than both being right shots?

And my work productivity has gone down like 50% since hockey started up.

IMO they play similar styles and wouldn't compliment each other well. Too much flashy play, not enough steadiness.

AintLifeGrand 01-22-2013 12:36 PM

just to be controversial:

to WPG: Josi, 1st, Ellis, Hornqvist

to Nash: Enstrom , Kane

triggrman 01-22-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 58085325)

I don't like that at all...

AintLifeGrand 01-22-2013 12:39 PM

Kane> Hornqvist

Enstrom> Josi and Ellis combined

triggrman 01-22-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 58085477)
Kane> Hornqvist

Enstrom> Josi and Ellis combined

Enstrom is not as good as you think he is, IMHO.....

AintLifeGrand 01-22-2013 12:47 PM

I watched him for 4 seasons with the Thrashers and he was the best player on the team IMO- He is Pocket Lidstrom. He is a much better skater than Josi, a superior playmaker and is an outstanding positional blueliner. Josi is a better physical player due to size. Enstrom had 2 50+ pt seasons with THE THRASHERS and is a top 15 D-man in the league

AtlantaWhaler 01-22-2013 12:55 PM

As much as I LOVE Toby...I don't like that trade. I also don't see Kane committing to Trotz's system.

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 58085325)

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes. And I love Josi. Not buying the Ellis hype.

Byrddog 01-22-2013 01:12 PM

Makes perfect sense trade two of the best young d prospects and the goal leader over the last three years and a 1st. For Kane who would be castrated by the type hockey played here and Enstrom a potential 2nd pair but likley 3rd

And a 5.7 cap hit on D
and 5.2 for Kane

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrddog (Post 58087379)
Makes perfect sense trade two of the best young d prospects and the goal leader over the last three years and a 1st. For Kane who would be castrated by the type hockey played here and Enstrom a potential 2nd pair but likley 3rd

:help:

He already is a 1st pairing guy...

AintLifeGrand 01-22-2013 01:24 PM

I don't get why Kane would get castrated in Trotz's system... during his draft year he was lauded for his 2 way play with the Giants . I think he is also desperate to be playing in a market like Nashville where there is solid fan support coupled with relative anonymity. He also loves Waffle House,which there are none in Winnipeg.

Byrddog 01-22-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 58087539)
:help:

He already is a 1st pairing guy...

Well to be honest a 1st pair guy for the Jets is not the same as a 1st pair guy here.

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byrddog (Post 58088103)
Well to be honest a 1st pair guy for the Jets is not the same as a 1st pair guy here.

You're crazy. Enstrom is a top pairing D anywhere. I would say he is in the top 30-40 in the world.

AintLifeGrand 01-22-2013 01:30 PM

if he was 4 inches taller he would be considered up there with Suter, Weber, Seabrook etc

Top 6 Spaling 01-22-2013 01:34 PM

Appearently Nino wants a trade out of NYI. I don't know if Trotz would like him, but there is some offensive talent...