HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: 1st/2nd line winger to Caps (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1330041)

Nazem To Kessel 01-22-2013 02:04 PM

1st/2nd line winger to Caps

The Capitals need a new winger with Semin gone.

Possibly Briere or Kulemin would be good.

What wingers are available

MW6 01-22-2013 02:22 PM

What's the cost of Kulemin?

SprDaVE 01-22-2013 02:26 PM

Holtby or Backstrom?

:sarcasm:

Realistically, Kulemin could probably be had for the right return, likely a young center with top 6 potential (preferably with size) or a young goaltender with starter potential.

Leafs have an abundance of defensive depth and wing depth, so likely wouldn't be too interested in anything of that return unless they are too good to turn away (duh).

In a perfect world, Kulemin should be kept because he's a great 2-way player that is physical and has a great shot, but considering the Leafs depth on the wings and their lack of good depth down the middle or in goal, he would be a player I'm sure the Leafs would consider moving only to upgrade another position.

I Am Score* 01-22-2013 02:26 PM

If Vanek hadn't have gone off he would be ours.

But likely it's going to cost them Neuvirth and possibly Kuznetsov along with a draft pick if they want to get a 1st/2nd line legit forward.

That being said, I can't think of one that comes off the top of my head at the moment. They should just get a guy like Devin Setoguchi for a draft pick and a prospect not named Kuznetsov.

416Leafer 01-22-2013 02:26 PM

I can't see Toronto trading Kulemin for picks. He's an effective piece in the lineup, two-way physical player that plays hard every night, with some decent skill to go along with it.

I also can't see Washington wanting to part with either of Forsberg or Kuznetsov, so unless on of them was on the table, I don't see a great deal. Neuvirth is too big a gamble, hasn't shown much consistency.

Nazem To Kessel 01-22-2013 02:28 PM

Mojo for kulemin + 2nd?

something around kulemin for mojo

I Am Score* 01-22-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 (Post 58088231)
Mojo for kulemin + 2nd?

something around kulemin for mojo

Nope. Mojo has alot of potential if he can pick it up. At this point he had one bad season. They won't get rid of him so quickly.

Nazem To Kessel 01-22-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradD (Post 58088343)
Nope. Mojo has alot of potential if he can pick it up. At this point he had one bad season. They won't get rid of him so quickly.

What would you want for Mojo?

MPStoEberletoHall* 01-22-2013 02:39 PM

If the Oilers are out of a playoff spot at the deadline. I can see the Caps being interested in Hemsky. I think he would be unreal with Ovechkin

MW6 01-22-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 (Post 58088567)
What would you want for Mojo?

something like MoJo + Schultz for Kulemin + Gunnarsson?

Nazem To Kessel 01-22-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MW6 (Post 58089009)

Maybe replace Schultz with someone younger?

Would love to bring Mojo or/and Orlov to the leafs

Hivemind 01-22-2013 02:41 PM

Trading Johansson for a top six winger wouldn't help the Caps fill that hole. Johansson is currently playing as a winger on the Ovechkin/Backstrom line. Trading him for a different winger wouldn't fill that hole in the top six.

Johansson is yet another one of those players who's "only available for a star or upgrade." There's no way the Capitals trade him and don't get a roster player capable of filling that role at a significantly higher level than Johansson currently is. Unless we're getting back a 30G winger or top pairing LD, MoJo is off the table.

I also think we should wait a few games to see what we can get from Brouwer and Wolski (or Fehr or Perreault) on Ribeiro's wings before giving up a quality asset to bring in a winger.

Hivemind 01-22-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

lolno

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 (Post 58089159)
Maybe replace Schultz with someone younger?

Would love to bring Mojo or/and Orlov to the leafs

lolhellno

Halpysback* 01-22-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

I'd do that.

Halpysback* 01-22-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 58089177)
Trading Johansson for a top six winger wouldn't help the Caps fill that hole. Johansson is currently playing as a winger on the Ovechkin/Backstrom line.

And that's the problem.

Kulemin is a much better fit there and probably will be for the forseeable future. He's not exactly an old veteran. Gunnarsson is good enough to be a permanent Green's partner hole fix, and getting rid of Schultz would double the impact.

Johansson is a good young player, but he doesn't fit our team. Same deal as Burmistrov/Winnipeg, Turris/Phoenix or Paajarvi/Edmonton

Nazem To Kessel 01-22-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 58089209)
lolno

lolhellno

If leafs end up selling and do a actual rebuild

maybe a package around Kulemin + MacArthur/Frattin + 2nd for Mojo + 1st

kulemin and Mac/frattin would help caps top 6 very much

Kulemin - Backstrom - Ovechkin

Frattin/Mac - Riberio - Brouwer

not saying that would be the exact deal but something around that

Wondercarrot 01-22-2013 02:54 PM

Stalberg might be available for 1st or a starting goalie. interested?

capitalsrock 01-22-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs81 (Post 58089611)
If leafs end up selling and do a actual rebuild

maybe a package around Kulemin + MacArthur/Frattin + 2nd for Mojo + 1st

kulemin and Mac/frattin would help caps top 6 very much

Kulemin - Backstrom - Ovechkin

Frattin/Mac - Riberio - Brouwer

not saying that would be the exact deal but something around that

That's just ridiculous.

Quit saying "something around that" and come up with a deal that is actually close.

CanadianSharks 01-22-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradD (Post 58088095)
If Vanek hadn't have gone off he would be ours.

But likely it's going to cost them Neuvirth and possibly Kuznetsov along with a draft pick if they want to get a 1st/2nd line legit forward.

That being said, I can't think of one that comes off the top of my head at the moment. They should just get a guy like Devin Setoguchi for a draft pick and a prospect not named Kuznetsov.

:laugh::laugh:

Kuznetsov is guaranteed to be on a line with Backstrom and Ovy once he comes to NA, from what I know. Easily one of the top prospects in the world.

Neuvirth + Kuznetsov + draft pick should fetch them a VERY good return. And I'm talking VERYYYYY good. I'm not even a Caps fan either.

I Am Score* 01-22-2013 03:03 PM

Brooks Laich for Kulemin maybe. Not Orlov we are weak on defense man

I Am Score* 01-22-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienShark (Post 58090451)
:laugh::laugh:

Kuznetsov is guaranteed to be on a line with Backstrom and Ovy once he comes to NA, from what I know. Easily one of the top prospects in the world.

Neuvirth + Kuznetsov + draft pick should fetch them a VERY good
return. And I'm talking VERYYYYY good. I'm not even a Caps fan either.

Ovechkin is pushing 30 when Kuznetsov makes the NHL. They could get alot out of him if they are wise

Dr John Carlson 01-22-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradD (Post 58090677)
Brooks Laich for Kulemin maybe.

I don't see what that would do for us.

Halpysback* 01-22-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr John Carlson (Post 58092333)
I don't see what that would do for us.

We get a bigger, faster, more physical player with more top 6 skill, who costs much less?

This is the type of trade that looks "even" but we actually win massively. Like how Lisin for Korpikoski looked even.

Kris Chreider 01-22-2013 04:14 PM

Setoguchi+Phillips/Scandella for Alzner.

Halpysback* 01-22-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 58095323)
Setoguchi+Phillips/Scandella for Alzner.

lolno

Nothing from Minnesota of interest for Alzner unless it's just a completely ******** overpayment that I won't even put an example of so Minnesota fans don't bomb the thread (a la you want Granlund, Brodin and Coyle for WHAT?)

Alzner basically plays nearly Suter level defense and costs 1/6 as much. Will probably cost 1/2 as much when he's resigned. I'd gladly take the offensive tradeoff given that it keeps his contract low and doesn't put him in positions to get burned defensively as much. Value is just too good.

Now, Setoguchi for Schultz (crap I know) + futures, now we're talking.