HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton-Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1330677)

D3ADLY 01-23-2013 03:32 AM

Edmonton-Toronto

I know that Oilers love having 3 1st pick from as many years and will be very hesitant to move any of them in a trade. I also have a feeling this might take a wrong turn but i will still try this out..

To Toronto Maple Leafs
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton Oilers
Jake Gardiner
Joe Colborne/Matt Frattin
Clarke MacArthur

I am not sure if i am giving up too much or too less from leafs perspective but would Love to see Nail Yakupov in a Leafs sweater. What do both fan bases think? and with reasonable thoughts please.

project free 01-23-2013 03:52 AM

leafs need #1 centre not another winger

D3ADLY 01-23-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by project free (Post 58146767)
leafs need #1 centre not another winger

Yes but that discussion is happening else where but thanks for the input.

Mowerman 01-23-2013 04:01 AM

Makes no sense for the Leafs to trade for Yakupov.

leaflover 01-23-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3ADLY (Post 58146799)
Yes but that discussion is happening else where but thanks for the input.

You asked for reasonable thoughts and got one. Unreasonable would be adding another small winger as its literally the last thing they need.

As far as value i think you're coming up short from the Leafs offering. I don't think Colborne holds much value and neither does MacArthur not just because he's a pending UFA but since his preseason suspension last year he's taken the "once bitten twice shy" attitude towards physical play. Gardiner's a beauty but the Oilers need solid defensive defensemen so it doesn't address either teams deepest needs.

Thats ignoring the fact Yakupov is the shiniest new toy in the box and that cuts deep into peoples ability to reason.

Riptide 01-23-2013 04:18 AM

For Edmonton to move Yakupov, they need something major coming back. Gardiner is nice, but not nearly enough. Their main need is high end goaltending prospect, or a (potential) #1D.

No offense to Leaf fans (of which I am to an extent), but they really have nothing that could get Yakupov from Edmonton (unless they get really stupid and toss a TON of assets in - which we all know will never happen).

Auger 01-23-2013 04:21 AM

Rielly + Gardiner for Yakupov.

Yakupov was the first overall this year and Rielly the 5th. The difference between the two? Gardiner

seanlinden 01-23-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auger (Post 58146939)

Yakupov was the first overall this year and Rielly the 5th. The difference between the two? Gardiner

Not from Toronto's perspective.

Maybe Rielly + Franson + a 2nd or 3rd round pick... if the Leafs had any need for a winger.

416Leafer 01-23-2013 06:40 AM

1 - I don't think that's a good enough package for a #1 overall pick. It's essentially:

~ likely #2-3 Dman, secondary top 6 forward, potential 2nd line prospect with question marks...

for #1 overall pick.

2 - Small wingers are literally the least of Torontos needs. The only reason they would do this is if it were going to turn around and trade Kessel. Have Yakupov fill that niche, and use Kessel to fill others (centre/goaltending)

MuchoMacho 01-23-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 416Leafer (Post 58148235)
secondary top 6 forward

Just curious what a secondary top 6 forward is? Would that be a bottom six forward? Did you just make that term up and post it without explanation? :laugh: This is classic example of people using language to make a point. Calling him a top 6 forward is a positive spin, so you add "secondary" to show that he's not a good top 6 six forward.

DespoticNewt 01-23-2013 06:55 AM

You'd be better off trying to get Eberle or Hall from Edmonton.

416Leafer 01-23-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend (Post 58148451)
Just curious what a secondary top 6 forward is? Would that be a bottom six forward? Did you just make that term up and post it without explanation? :laugh: This is classic example of people using language to make a point. Calling him a top 6 forward is a positive spin, so you add "secondary" to show that he's not a good top 6 six forward.

MacArthur is filler. He's not going to be the guy driving a line. Aka he's a secondary piece to fill a top 6 forward spot.

It's not "spin"... he's not a particularly good top 6 forward...so what's the problem? Maybe by spin you really mean "accurate description"? :handclap:

gabeliscious 01-23-2013 07:45 AM

this not going to go go well.

why would a team trade a #1 pick 2 games into his career at 18 years old?

why would toronto gut what little promising youth they have for another winger?

The Podium 01-23-2013 07:48 AM

This is terrible from both sides. The Leafs have Kessel, Lupul and JVR signed up long term and dont need another top 6 winger. They have only Phaneuf, Komisarek, Gardiner and Liles signed past this. Komisarek and Liles are likely gone after this season however leaving just Phaneuf and Gardiner. It doesnt make sense to deal 1 of 2 of our only good D, and especially one with sky high potential.

From Edmonton's perspective, well the package after Gardiner sucks.

ResilientBeast 01-23-2013 07:59 AM

You managed to ignore our two must pressing needs, abig number 2 center and a legitimate top pairing dman both who are ready to step in now. Without either of those Yakupov won't be going anywhere and we'll just wait for our prospects to make the team.

Phion Keneuf 01-23-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Keep on dreaming!

Minko 01-23-2013 09:57 AM

Oilers would want more and the Leafs have too many wingers.

Sparky1977 01-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3ADLY (Post 58146631)
I know that Oilers love having 3 1st pick from as many years and will be very hesitant to move any of them in a trade. I also have a feeling this might take a wrong turn but i will still try this out..

To Toronto Maple Leafs
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton Oilers
Jake Gardiner
Joe Colborne/Matt Frattin
Clarke MacArthur

I am not sure if i am giving up too much or too less from leafs perspective but would Love to see Nail Yakupov in a Leafs sweater. What do both fan bases think? and with reasonable thoughts please.

To all who think the Oilers are looking for defensive prospects...We are NOT! If we wanted this, we would have drafted a defenseman instead of Yak. Yak, Eberle, Hall, RNH and Justin Schultz are not moving any time soon.

Seachd 01-23-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky1977 (Post 58154655)
To all who think the Oilers are looking for defensive prospects...We are NOT! If we wanted this, we would have drafted a defenseman instead of Yak. Yak, Eberle, Hall, RNH and Justin Schultz are not moving any time soon.

This would be an awful deal for Edmonton, but I don't know what you mean. No one mentioned a dman prospect.

theneuf33 01-23-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd (Post 58154799)
This would be an awful deal for Edmonton, but I don't know what you mean. No one mentioned a dman prospect.

i believe he believes gardiner is a prospect despite the fact he played almost an entire season last year...

Canadian Jesus 01-23-2013 10:58 AM

Why would either team do this?

GordieHoweHatTrick 01-23-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DespoticNewt (Post 58148481)
You'd be better off trying to get Eberle or Hall from Edmonton.

Uhhh, yes please. I disagree though, Eberle is probably the most important and valuable piece of that franchise (imo)

5RingsAndABeer 01-23-2013 12:16 PM

Easy no from Edmonton. Yakupov is worth a lot more than anything else in the deal.

Would you give us Kessel for Schultz + spare parts?

Mystifo 01-23-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer (Post 58160639)
Easy no from Edmonton. Yakupov is worth a lot more than anything else in the deal.

Would you give us Kessel for Schultz + spare parts?

Kessel is on an expiring contract and would depend on the spare parts.

Badger Mayhew 01-23-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

How does this make any sense from the Leafs perspective?