HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Leafs/Flyers Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1330771)

Mellor683 01-23-2013 09:14 AM

Leafs/Flyers Proposal
 
What about a Jake Gardiner for S Couturier swap?

Young 21 yr old stud d for a young center... fits both teams needs

Nemeth 01-23-2013 09:18 AM

Don't think the flyers will bite. Always fun reading toronto proposals though.

HockeyGuruPitka 01-23-2013 09:26 AM

Something tells me this aint a rumor.. with the defense deficit and almost no chance that Couts becomes a #1C leafs respectfully decline.

OCPenguin 01-23-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellor683 (Post 58152137)
What about a Jake Gardiner for S Couturier swap?

Young 21 yr old stud d for a young center... fits both teams needs

I don't think Holmgren would do it, but I think it makes sense for both. Philly NEEDS blueliners.

Liferleafer 01-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsfan17 (Post 58152275)
Don't think the flyers will bite. Always fun reading toronto proposals though.

Give him credit, at least he put Gardiner on the table.

Garbage Goal 01-23-2013 09:32 AM

While the proposal makes sense from the perspective of team needs Philly doesn't do this. Too high on Couturier. Probably the second most "untouchable" player on the roster after Giroux.

Johnny Bravo 01-23-2013 09:40 AM

Flyers decline.

Minko 01-23-2013 09:51 AM

Don't see Philly doing this, Leafs probably would.

alpine4life 01-23-2013 09:53 AM

Solid proposal, I think T.O would decline but who knows...

Morlu 01-23-2013 09:54 AM

Flyers would say no. But +1 for offering quality for quality in a trade proposal.

Liferleafer 01-23-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morlu (Post 58153801)
Flyers would say no. But +1 for offering quality for quality in a trade proposal.

Quick question, is Cout's just untouchable, or could there be something added to make this work?

Rinzler 01-23-2013 10:05 AM

Not that I believe the Leafs are keen on trading Gardiner, why would Philly decline this? It would appear D is a problem over there.

Garbage Goal 01-23-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinzler (Post 58154301)
Not that I believe the Leafs are keen on trading Gardiner, why would Philly decline this? It would appear D is a problem over there.

He has the second highest potential on our team after Giroux, we drafted him, and he showed a lot of promise last season. It's also not as if trading Couturier for Gardiner would magically solve our problems. Everything is a problem right now.

Analyzer 01-23-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 58154153)
Quick question, is Cout's just untouchable, or could there be something added to make this work?

I think the Flyers just really like what they saw from him last year and would rather keep him and see if he continues to progress well than blindly deal him away for a dman, albeit one with great potential.

Why would the leafs want to deal away Gardiner anyways ?

SchennSational1022* 01-23-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 58154153)
Quick question, is Cout's just untouchable, or could there be something added to make this work?

Pretty much untouchable but not as much as msot flyer fans make it seem. "We wouldn't trade him for Weber, we're not trading him for __" is pretty annoying and stupid. We wouldn't trade him for Weber because if Nashville didn't take what we were offering, we could just sign him to an offer sheet, and we did. It's called leverage....

I wouldn't trade him unless it was for OEL, Pietrangelo, Subban, Gormley+. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. He has gotten his powerplay time this year and he is definitely not a 2nd line center yet, he isn't ready. I'm pretty confident he'll be at least a 65+ point player though in 2 years, he's a stud.

BTW, no chance i trade him for Gardiner. Not anything against Gardiner but his potential doesn't match Couturier's. Not many prospects do though so it's not a shot at Gardiner at all.

NitHeel 01-23-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinzler (Post 58154301)
Not that I believe the Leafs are keen on trading Gardiner, why would Philly decline this? It would appear D is a problem over there.

D is a problem, but trading your best defensive forward (who's dirt cheap) isn't the best way to solve that.

TOGuy14 01-23-2013 10:34 AM

The value is probably pretty close, but Gardiner isn't the type of d-man that Philly needs.

FlyLife 01-23-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitHeel (Post 58155415)
D is a problem, but trading your best defensive forward (who's dirt cheap) isn't the best way to solve that.

This, plus the fact that Gardiner is dealing with a concussion (though it looks like he may be back this week). Flyer fans know all too well how concussions can derail a players career.

If I was forced to trade Sean, it would be for a top pairing Dman, and I would add I that's what it took. Holmgren doesn't like subtracting from his roster though, would much rather trade picks.

Garbage Goal 01-23-2013 10:45 AM

If I'm dealing Sean its for an established top pairing guy or someone really young with a lot of potential.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 01-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 58154621)
Why would the leafs want to deal away Gardiner anyways ?

Some fans think he's expendable with Rielly in the system.

Dark Knight 01-23-2013 10:50 AM

I wouldn't if we were deep at C. But it is an area of need and we have a good group of D in our farm so I'll do it happily as a Leafs fan.

One thing Philadelphia has to understand. This is a really good D-man they are getting who scored 30+ points in his rookie year. He's a true PP QB who has the speed to play a strong two-way game as well.

Not a bad offer.

Analyzer 01-23-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch (Post 58156143)
Some fans think he's expendable with Rielly in the system.

Figures.

He could potentially be expendable, but at least wait until Rielly is in the NHL and looks like he'll be the type of player many think he'll be.

SchennSational1022* 01-23-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 58156387)
I wouldn't if we were deep at C. But it is an area of need and we have a good group of D in our farm so I'll do it happily as a Leafs fan.

One thing Philadelphia has to understand. This is a really good D-man they are getting who scored 30+ points in his rookie year. He's a true PP QB who has the speed to play a strong two-way game as well.

Not a bad offer.

Not a bad offer at all, but we need somebody who is established, or is an ABSOLUTE can't miss, like Pietrangelo, OEL, etc.. Yes i know we'd have to add for Pietrangelo so don't everybody kill me.

Dark Knight 01-23-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 (Post 58156563)
Not a bad offer at all, but we need somebody who is established, or is an ABSOLUTE can't miss, like Pietrangelo, OEL, etc.. Yes i know we'd have to add for Pietrangelo so don't everybody kill me.

I would say Jake Gardiner and OEL are very comparable in their potential. Both have scored 30+ points in the league. Gardiner did it as a rookie. Both are potential top pairing guys.

SchennSational1022* 01-23-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 58156811)
I would say Jake Gardiner and OEL are very comparable in their potential. Both have scored 30+ points in the league. Gardiner did it as a rookie. Both are potential top pairing guys.

I see OEL as a better player. He is better positionally than Gardiner and is a better player in his own zone at least IMO. I could be wrong though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.