HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   3 games for Artyukhin - enough, or not enough ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1330879)

kajoo 01-23-2013 11:38 AM

3 games for Artyukhin - enough, or not enough ?
 


You be the judge - meantime video of Artyukhin going beserk made 90000 views on youtube.

cska78 01-23-2013 11:43 AM

clearly SKA is Medvedev's club, that's why 3 games is tops they would have given him, 'nough said. We can't be talking about any fairness here.

ficohok* 01-23-2013 11:44 AM

Too little. This is lesser version of Bertuzzi-Moore incident.

ebis 01-23-2013 11:45 AM

Any sane person will say not enough. I know how bad this will sound, but if KHL or IIHF don't do something about this, I really hope some tough guy "suspends" him with a season-ending hit. Hell, career-ending, this guy is simply dangerous and obviously has some mental issues.

Disgusting... :shakehead

Oh, and Jalasvaara should sue his ass.

kajoo 01-23-2013 11:47 AM

imo 5-7 games would do a justice as Artyukhin´s known as repeated offender.

agent082 01-23-2013 11:47 AM

Hard to say. There is possibility it was an accident. Artyukhin said he didn't try to hurt Jalasvaara. Maybe KHL thought also that he wasn't intentionally hitting Jalasvaara and then 3 games is fine by wreckless play.

BalticWarrior 01-23-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebis (Post 58159149)
Any sane person will say not enough. I know how bad this will sound, but if KHL or IIHF don't do something about this, I really hope some tough guy "suspends" him with a season-ending hit. Hell, career-ending, this guy is simply dangerous and obviously has some mental issues.

Disgusting... :shakehead

Oh, and Jalasvaara should sue his ass.

Raitis Ivanans once tried fighting atyukhin,appearently,when he has to face a real tough guy all of the sudden he doesnt want to fight.

kajoo 01-23-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent082 (Post 58159267)
Hard to say. There is possibility it was an accident. Artyukhin said he didn't try to hurt Jalasvaara. Maybe KHL thought also that he wasn't intentionally hitting Jalasvaara and then 3 games is fine by wrecless play.

Actually, what is a chance that 198cm/120kg big man like Artyukhin doesnt hurt the other guy thats in position like Jalasvaara ? Very little IMO, some of the punches that landed on Jalasvaara´s face were devastating.

perklunt 01-23-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58159299)
Raitis Ivanans once tried fighting atyukhin,appearently,when he has to face a real tough guy all of the sudden he doesnt want to fight.

where did u get that info from?

LOFIN 01-23-2013 11:57 AM

Should be more, but let's face it, Jalasvaara isn't injured and this would be about right. Still, I find those "give him the rest of the season + more" posts to be a bit over the top.

Something around 5-10 games would be allright. 5 games if nothing happens, 10 now 'cause Jalasvaara was injured.

BalticWarrior 01-23-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perklunt (Post 58159699)
where did u get that info from?

What do you mean? Did you not watch the game against Ska where we won 4:3? Ivanans clearly offered arty to drop the gloves.

agent082 01-23-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kajoo (Post 58159609)
Actually, what is a chance that 2m/120kg big man like Artyukhin doesnt hurt the other guy thats in position like Jalasvaara ? Very little IMO, some of the punches were devastating.

That true and that's why big and strong players have to be very extra careful if they grab behind and hit other player in the head while not trying to hurt him.

vorky 01-23-2013 12:04 PM

How many games did Chara miss after Pacioretty´s hit?



Unfortunatelly I only found this statement.
Quote:

Pacioretty told TSN he was "upset and disgusted" that the league had not suspended Chara.
Do I blame NHL for that? No.

EDIT:
According to this, he played for Bruins after two days, seems next game. How is it possible? I would ban him for rest of his life. Why did not NHL do that?

kajoo 01-23-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent082 (Post 58159927)
That true and that's why big and strong players have to be very extra careful if they grab behind and hit other player in the head while not trying to hurt him.

agreed.

I dont buy this "I didnt want hurt" excuse. Not going to say he hurt him intentionally, but he definitely didnt care if Jalasvaara ends up being hurt or not, judging by intensity of his attack. If Artyukhin didnt really wanted to hurt him, he would at least give Jalasvaara chance to defend himself, or run away, whatever.

kajoo 01-23-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 58160121)
How many games did Chara miss after Pacioretty´s hit?



Unfortunatelly I only found this statement.


Do I blame NHL for that? No.

vorky, Chara vs Pacioretty was imo unlucky accident (although Habs fans might disagree), with Chara having no previous history with injuring other guys.

Situation above is nowehere near of Artyukhin vs Jalasvaara incident - Big guy assaulting smaller guy from behind. More similar to Bertuzzi vs Moore, as CroHabitant pointed out.

vorky 01-23-2013 12:15 PM

kajoo
Dont buy your argument. Just ask Pacioretty how did he feel after the hit

ebis 01-23-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorky (Post 58160121)
How many games did Chara miss after Pacioretty´s hit?

Unfortunatelly I only found this statement.


Do I blame NHL for that? No.

How can you compare these two? One is a regular check (ok, maybe interference) that turned tragic only because of bad board design (and we will never see into Chara's head to know if it was intentional).

The other one is player dropping gloves, jumping another player from behind, beating him on the ground while he's defenseless and finally sticking a finger into his eye (possibly permanently damaging it). It had nothing to do with hockey, it was a regular assault.

Not to mention that Chara had no history, Artyukhin is a known idiot who had injured many players before.

perklunt 01-23-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58159913)
What do you mean? Did you not watch the game against Ska where we won 4:3? Ivanans clearly offered arty to drop the gloves.

maybe he refused bcoz hes not that useless for the team?

drmagg 01-23-2013 12:19 PM

Easy.


Call Mirasty number.
Tell him to watch this.
??????
Profit

BalticWarrior 01-23-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perklunt (Post 58160739)
maybe he refused bcoz hes not that useless for the team?

Were not discussing usefulness as a player,but if you feel strong enough to beat smaller,weaker players you should also fight someone of your own calibre, atleast mirasty and yablonsky drop the gloves when invited to do so.

tigermask48 01-23-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58159913)
What do you mean? Did you not watch the game against Ska where we won 4:3? Ivanans clearly offered arty to drop the gloves.

Plus there's the fact that R-2 used to pull the same taking cheapshots at skilled players and then running from players his size junk in the NHL... He his excuses haven't even changed now that I think about it.

perklunt 01-23-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helo (Post 58160855)
Were not discussing usefulness as a player,but if you feel strong enough to beat smaller,weaker players you should also fight someone of your own calibre, atleast mirasty and yablonsky drop the gloves when invited to do so.

but Ivanans refused to fight Mirasty for 2nd time, so whats your point?

BalticWarrior 01-23-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perklunt (Post 58161047)
but Ivanans refused to fight Mirasty for 2nd time, so whats your point?

Do not remmember anything like that.

perklunt 01-23-2013 12:28 PM

Barys-Riga game, they had a fight, then coming out from penalty box Mirasty offered for round two and Raitis refused to fight.

BalticWarrior 01-23-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perklunt (Post 58161259)
Barys-Riga game, they had a fight, then coming from penalty box Mirasty offered for round two and Raitis refused.

Whatever those two guys are both tough guys,it`s completley different.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.