HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   OT: Fantasy Hockey Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1330901)

Ducksgo 01-23-2013 12:21 PM

Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
Think we should start a general fantasy hockey talk thread. Outside of our forums dynasty league.

So ill start. Cam Fowler isn't doing to well in one of my leagues, so I'm thinking about moving him for a different defenseman. Any suggestions? Who or what I should trade for? My forwards are good and goalies just need some suggestions regarding D man I could acquire for Fowler.

Kalvinators 01-23-2013 12:29 PM

My suggestion - don`t trade him, but wait untill he have played at least 5 games, your oppinion might change.

Ducksgo 01-23-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 58161321)
My suggestion - don`t trade him, but wait untill he have played at least 5 games, your oppinion might change.

Yah he just has no pts ATM for my team. Who's on your defense Kalvs?

Kalvinators 01-23-2013 12:47 PM

Outside Dan Boyle, there`s no one noticable :laugh:

Sirquacksalot 01-23-2013 01:55 PM

My team is named Shipping N' Yandling.


I did not draft Yandle.

Ducksgo 01-23-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot (Post 58165711)
My team is named Shipping N' Yandling.


I did not draft Yandle.

Post your team?

Fighter 01-23-2013 02:39 PM

It depends on who is available on your league.

I had not much faith in Fowler starting the season (especially on the +/-) so I drafted other d-man (Burns, Wideman and Mcdonagh among others, in two different leagues though)
If Justin Schultz is available, draft him. That son of a ***** will score like crazy...

Ducksgo 01-23-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter (Post 58167901)
It depends on who is available on your league.

I had not much faith in Fowler starting the season (especially on the +/-) so I drafted other d-man (Burns, Wideman and Mcdonagh among others, in two different leagues though)
If Justin Schultz is available, draft him. That son of a ***** will score like crazy...

Think Schultz was a main target in most of my leagues. How did you have em ranked when you drafted Fighter?

Fighter 01-24-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58193125)
Think Schultz was a main target in most of my leagues. How did you have em ranked when you drafted Fighter?

Yeah, my D pool is not great to be honest but after years of FH I target mainly goalies and forwards which bring most of the points/stats.
Schultz was available in later rounds but in leagues with few teams he could be available.
I'm gonna drop McDonagh soon I think.
BTW between the two leagues I have drafted also Schultz, Keith and Seabrook ;)

Ducksgo 01-24-2013 04:48 PM

Just it notified 5209 teams dropped Lupul in Yahoo Fantasy lol should I do the same?

Gliff 01-24-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58245075)
Just it notified 5209 teams dropped Lupul in Yahoo Fantasy lol should I do the same?

Probably a good choice...

seanerixon 01-25-2013 08:07 PM

Hows Bobby Ryan looking? I have him on my team, but he hasn't really done much so far. I know it's still early on.
I have a trade proposal currently on the table: Joe Thornton = Alex Semin, Bobby Ryan
I figured I'd probably wait until after the game tonight to watch him for myself. But what have you guys been seeing? Is he working hard, but getting snake bitten? Or he just looks sluggish?

Ducksgo 01-26-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanerixon (Post 58346687)
Hows Bobby Ryan looking? I have him on my team, but he hasn't really done much so far. I know it's still early on.
I have a trade proposal currently on the table: Joe Thornton = Alex Semin, Bobby Ryan
I figured I'd probably wait until after the game tonight to watch him for myself. But what have you guys been seeing? Is he working hard, but getting snake bitten? Or he just looks sluggish?

If you can get Ryan for Thornton I would do it. But who are your centers? On your roster? And how's your bench?

Tonka 01-26-2013 11:39 AM

Hi guys, I have Bobby Ryan on my fantasy team. What's up with him? Is he out of shape due to the lock out? Bad linemates? Getting kind of worried as he's done nothing despite the Ducks having a couple big offensive games. :(

seanerixon 01-26-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58369727)
If you can get Ryan for Thornton I would do it. But who are your centers? On your roster? And how's your bench?

Well I'd be selling Ryan for Thornton.
It's a weird ESPN league, so it's F, D, G. C/LW/RW are all counted as F's so it doesn't even matter.

Stormrider451 01-26-2013 12:54 PM

Well Ryan got 13 min and 0 PP time last game.. Getting some quality time I see. I too have him on my fantasy team and for years now as my keeper. Its been a pain to see him not reach his potential in Anaheim. The dude is one of few who has been able to score 30+ goals in last four years.. Only guys like OV, Iginla, Kessel and some very few others have been able to do so. And this is a Ryan who has had to be behind Selanne for years now, taking second PP time more often than not. He does most of his scoring on EV because of this, which makes it even more impressive. I know Anaheim has reasons to love Selanne, and the old timer has all the right to be on the PP unit because he continues to deliver.. But gotta admit, I have been wanting Selanne gone for years now as a Ryan fantasy owner.. As long as Selanne continues to play in Anaheim and perform like a superstar, Ryan will never reach his 40+ goal and 80+ pt potential. It would be a shame for Anaheim to lose this guy via trade or FA before he reaches this too. And he will, the skill is there.

Ducksgo 01-26-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanerixon (Post 58382231)
Well I'd be selling Ryan for Thornton.
It's a weird ESPN league, so it's F, D, G. C/LW/RW are all counted as F's so it doesn't even matter.

I think I would do it. You still haven't posted your centers though?!?

Ducksgo 01-27-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58396523)
I think I would do it. You still haven't posted your centers though?!?

Kovy passes Ovy in fantasy ratings per NHL network

seanerixon 02-22-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58396523)
I think I would do it. You still haven't posted your centers though?!?

My bad, I ended up keeping Ryan, and probably for the better seeing how quickly the Sharks have started to crumble. Here's my entire lineup. It's F/D/G based, not C/LW/RW.

F Claude Giroux, Phi F
F Rick Nash, NYR F DTD
F Patrice Bergeron, Bos F
F Alexander Semin, Car F
F Jamie Benn, Dal F
F Loui Eriksson, Dal F
F Cory Conacher, TB F
F Cody Hodgson, Buf F
F Bobby Ryan, Ana F
D Kevin Shattenkirk, StL D
D Justin Faulk, Car D
D Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Pho D
D Victor Hedman, TB D
D Francois Beauchemin, Ana D
UTIL Cody Franson, Tor D
Bench Kris Letang, Pit D
Bench Radim Vrbata, Pho F DTD
Bench Matt Duchene, Col F
Bench Patrik Berglund, StL F
Bench Alexander Steen, StL F

GOALIES
G Devan Dubnyk, Edm G
G Viktor Fasth, Ana G


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.