HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Anaheim - Philadelphia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1330987)

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 01:35 PM

Anaheim - Philadelphia
 
To: Philly - Perry (not signed) and may be a deadline deal if Philly is playoff bound. Plus Anaheims first round pick. And Smith Pelly for your bottom two lines.

To Anaheim: Scott Hartnell + 2nd

First Anaheim needs grit upfront plus if we lose Getz, Koivu, Selanne in offseason due to UFA and retirement this is also to add, all a conclusion at deadline IF this is Anaheims scenario.

I think Anaheim and Philly are good trade partners thoughts? Add subtract as you wish.

Pepper 01-23-2013 01:40 PM

Surely you're joking? Perry+1st+DSP for Hartnell+2nd??

No frigging way.

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 58164877)
Surely you're joking? Perry+1st+DSP for Hartnell+2nd??

No frigging way.

Are you going to add or subtract? Your post lacks substance how could we land Hartnell? I hate these posts.

Thee GM 01-23-2013 01:42 PM

I wouldn't do Perry for Hartnell straight up much less with a 1st Round Pick going to Anaheim. A more fair offer (but probably not a perfect one) would be:

Anaheim: S. Hartnell, S. Couturier & 1st Round Pick

Philly: C. Perry & K. Palmieri

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee GM (Post 58165011)
I wouldn't do Perry for Hartnell straight up much less with a 1st Round Pick going to Anaheim. A more fair offer (but probably not a perfect one) would be:

Anaheim: S. Hartnell, S. Couturier & 1st Round Pick

Philly: C. Perry & K. Palmieri

First Perrys unsigned and IF wants out of Anaheim. And no Thee our first round picks going to you.

YP44 01-23-2013 01:44 PM

Wow one could argue that Smith-Pelly and Anaheim's first could be enough for Hartnell value wise. So adding Perry seems like a steel. With that being said I think Philly love Hartnell and sometimes a player just belings somewhere (Smyth in Edmonton) so I do not think they trade him.
No matter the return.

Pepper 01-23-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58164993)
Are you going to add or subtract? Your post lacks substance how could we land Hartnell? I hate these posts.

You're giving up WAY too much for Hartnell, I thought that much was clear.

StevensCakeBakerBacker 01-23-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee GM (Post 58165011)
I wouldn't do Perry for Hartnell straight up much less with a 1st Round Pick going to Anaheim. A more fair offer (but probably not a perfect one) would be:

Anaheim: S. Hartnell, S. Couturier & 1st Round Pick

Philly: C. Perry & K. Palmieri

All that from Philly for a few months of Perry? Lol, you can't just ignore the contracts.

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 58165385)
You're giving up WAY too much for Hartnell, I thought that much was clear.

Ehh it's a 1st round pick and Smith Pelly if Perry wants out. He's a 37 goal scorer with gritt upfront who is also healthy who's ALSO played all 82 game seasons 2 seasons in a row? How is this way to much explain to me?

YP44 01-23-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58165713)
Ehh it's a 1st round pick and Smith Pelly if Perry wants out. He's a 37 goal scorer with gritt upfront who is also healthy who's ALSO played all 82 game seasons 2 seasons in a row? How is this way to much explain to me?

Perry (even unsigned) > Hartnell
1st > 2nd
DSP > nobody

Typically team paying for the rental buy at a premium in these situaitons.

Pepper 01-23-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58165713)
Ehh it's a 1st round pick and Smith Pelly if Perry wants out. He's a 37 goal scorer with gritt upfront who is also healthy who's ALSO played all 82 game seasons 2 seasons in a row? How is this way to much explain to me?

Now you have completely lost me.

You proposed Perry + 1st + DSP

for

Hartnell + 2nd

I said Ducks give up way too much.

Now you're telling me how good Perry is which as a Ducks fan isn't news to me.

Please explain what I'm missing here?

laundryman 01-23-2013 02:01 PM

I'd like to know if Perry plans on testing free agency before the Flyers pursue him via trade. There's a good chance the Flyers will make a run at him if he makes it to free agency.

Value is good. I'd probably do it from a Flyers perspective

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 58166023)
I'd like to know if Perry plans on testing free agency before the Flyers pursue him via trade. There's a good chance the Flyers will make a run at him if he makes it to free agency.

Value is good. I'd probably do it from a Flyers perspective

I think from an Anaheim perspective we would do it to. If perry wants out at deadline best believe we would deal him. And get max return. Plus losing a first with Anaheim being on a serious run at the moment our draft pick may be quite low in upcoming draft.

So lets say picking 22-30 first round? And losing Smith Pelly and losing Perry who wants out (hypothetical) for Hartnell and your 2nd while Philly does there playoff run? Seems good deal for both teams.

ROBBMACBRUINS 01-23-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58164663)
To: Philly - Perry (not signed) and may be a deadline deal if Philly is playoff bound. Plus Anaheims first round pick. And Smith Pelly for your bottom two lines.

To Anaheim: Scott Hartnell + 2nd

First Anaheim needs grit upfront plus if we lose Getz, Koivu, Selanne in offseason due to UFA and retirement this is also to add, all a conclusion at deadline IF this is Anaheims scenario.

I think Anaheim and Philly are good trade partners thoughts? Add subtract as you wish.

So if Anaheim expects to lose Getzlaf, Koivu and Selanne, then they will trade Perry to make Hartnell their teams centerpiece?

FlyingHigh28* 01-23-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58165881)
Perry (even unsigned) > Hartnell
1st > 2nd
DSP > nobody

Typically team paying for the rental buy at a premium in these situaitons.

Sorry, 3 months of Perry is not greater than 6 years of Hartnell. If Perry wants out of Anaheim (and I'm not saying he does, keep in mind this whole thing was started by a Ducks fan), then Hartnell + a 2nd for an unsigned Perry + 1st is pretty decent value IMO. Maybe take Smith Pelly out.

But make no mistake, Scott Hartnell is an incredibly valuable player who every team in the NHL would love to acquire and the Flyers could get considerably more for him than just a 1st round pick (which is essentially what this boils down to if Perry walks).

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58165881)
Perry (even unsigned) > Hartnell
1st > 2nd
DSP > nobody

Typically team paying for the rental buy at a premium in these situaitons.

Why? Have Perry who MAY want out and tells management that? = Trade Him

Were basically sending DSP and a first for a 37 goal scorer last season who's healthy as an ox. Also has played two FULL 82 games seasons, gritt upfront, can score, and can dominate our Ryan line. And in win now mode rather than a prospect for a few years hoping it can prosper.

Pepper 01-23-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58166293)
I think from an Anaheim perspective we would do it to. If perry wants out at deadline best believe we would deal him. And get max return. Plus losing a first with Anaheim being on a serious run at the moment our draft pick may be quite low in upcoming draft.

So lets say picking 22-30 first round? And losing Smith Pelly and losing Perry who wants out (hypothetical) for Hartnell and your 2nd while Philly does there playoff run? Seems good deal for both teams.

Like I said, that is one DISASTROUS deal for Ducks. If Perry can't be signed, we can trade him alone for better package.

I like Hartnell but he's 31 in couple of months, he's signed for 6 more years at 4.75M cap hit, his career high is 67 points.

Wow, just wow. There's nothing to like about this deal from Ducks POV.

I also realized you were talking about Hartnell in your previous post, not Perry.

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laundryman (Post 58166023)
I'd like to know if Perry plans on testing free agency before the Flyers pursue him via trade. There's a good chance the Flyers will make a run at him if he makes it to free agency.

Value is good. I'd probably do it from a Flyers perspective

What if perry agrees to sign with your team laundry?

Jack de la Hoya 01-23-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 58165881)
Perry (even unsigned) > Hartnell
1st > 2nd
DSP > nobody

Typically team paying for the rental buy at a premium in these situaitons.

Surely your kidding?

Signed, of course Perry is worth substantially more. Signed to a reasonable long-term contract? Waaaay more.

But an unsigned Perry will not land you a top-line supporting player / top-six forward on a good contract. Not even close.

Why would the Flyers give up 6 1/2 years of Hartnell for 6 1/2 weeks of Perry?

Ducksgo* 01-23-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 58166585)
Like I said, that is one DISASTROUS deal for Ducks. If Perry can't be signed, we can trade him alone for better package.

I like Hartnell but he's 31 in couple of months, he's signed for 6 more years at 4.75M cap hit, his career high is 67 points.

Wow, just wow. There's nothing to like about this deal from Ducks POV.

I also realized you were talking about Hartnell in your previous post, not Perry.

Please explain a better deal for Perry who will be unsigned if he wants out of Anaheim?

wej20 01-23-2013 02:24 PM

Is Perry for 1st + Matt Read fair?

bobafettish* 01-23-2013 02:25 PM

perry as a rental alone would get that package, probably even better

Getz2perry 01-23-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58166527)
Why? Have Perry who MAY want out and tells management that? = Trade Him

Were basically sending DSP and a first for a 37 goal scorer last season who's healthy as an ox. Also has played two FULL 82 games seasons, gritt upfront, can score, and can dominate our Ryan line. And in win now mode rather than a prospect for a few years hoping it can prosper.

Im confused why are we trading our 1st(in a deep draft) and dsp + perry?
For a guy that who had a good year but could potentially go back to less then 50 point seasons away from giroux?

Ill pass... ill trade perry for a package of prospect/picks like kovalchuck/hossa and hope our scouts do a good job with the picks.

that is just terrible from a ducks perspective.

Nucks N Canes 01-23-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58167015)
Please explain a better deal for Perry who will be unsigned if he wants out of Anaheim?

If you trade Perry at the deadline expect a first, a top prospect and 2nd/3rd liner coming your way at the very least. Perry is very well respected throughout the league and would make any top team a cup favorite.

Getz2perry 01-23-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 58167015)
Please explain a better deal for Perry who will be unsigned if he wants out of Anaheim?

Id take a 1st and a prospect over your proposal.

Read/vorecek + a 1st for perry is prob doable from a flyers perspective and better value for our teams future.

If were packaging perry + a 1st + a decent prospect we better be getting something nicer than hartnell back .


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.