HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: TJ Brennan to Calgary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1331201)

DropIt 01-23-2013 06:18 PM

TJ Brennan to Calgary

It's obvious he is stuck behind some pretty good names in Buffalo, and the Sabres are unable to send him down without passing him through waivers. What would it take for the Flames to land Brennan?

TJ Brennan

for

Tim Jackman or Greg Nemisz + 3rd round pick

Djp 01-23-2013 07:42 PM

Buffalo isn't giving him away for a bag of pucks. They would rather keep him and move Leopold.

umbertovanek 01-23-2013 07:46 PM

I've seen worse proposals around here for sure.

That being said, from a Buffalo p.o.v. I'm not in too big a hury to trade Brennan.

First, depth on D is not a bad thing to have and he's probably gonna get his chance sooner than we'd like.

Second, he's looked solid during his call-ups last season. Also, he'd make a Leopold/Regehr trade at the deadline possible, which could net us a nice return.

Nemisz looks interesting, though. What's the deal with him? Will he be an NHLer, even if he misses out on a top6 role?

Djp 01-23-2013 07:51 PM

Just to throw this out there...

Buffalo would part with him as part of a deadline deal for Iginala if other Dmen haven't been dealt yet.

DropIt 01-23-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umbertovanek (Post 58188361)
I've seen worse proposals around here for sure.

That being said, from a Buffalo p.o.v. I'm not in too big a hury to trade Brennan.

First, depth on D is not a bad thing to have and he's probably gonna get his chance sooner than we'd like.

Second, he's looked solid during his call-ups last season. Also, he'd make a Leopold/Regehr trade at the deadline possible, which could net us a nice return.

Nemisz looks interesting, though. What's the deal with him? Will he be an NHLer, even if he misses out on a top6 role?

Nemisz wont ever hit the top 6 role. Would most likely be a 3rd line, pk type of guy. His actual comparative before being drafted was David Moss but with better hands in tight. I would imagine he is one more year away from being implemented into an NHL lineup.

umbertovanek 01-23-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 58188857)
Just to throw this out there...

Buffalo would part with him as part of a deadline deal for Iginala if other Dmen haven't been dealt yet.

If Calgary were to get rid of Iggy, they probably would have already done so. Apart from that, you would still have to give up a blue chip piece to get Iginla. I'm getting kind of tired of these constant lowballing attempts around here.

umbertovanek 01-23-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropIt (Post 58189561)
Nemisz wont ever hit the top 6 role. Would most likely be a 3rd line, pk type of guy. His actual comparative before being drafted was David Moss but with better hands in tight. I would imagine he is one more year away from being implemented into an NHL lineup.

Could he be a decent center on a 3rd line? How probable is going to be an NHLer?

western redmen 01-23-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umbertovanek (Post 58191087)
Could he play center on a 3rd line?

He can, he played center during his call up last year

tsujimoto74 01-23-2013 08:13 PM

Nemisz is kind of intriguing, but not enough to make me want to dump Brennan before giving him a shot to show what he can do in the NHL. The guy did just put up a PPG in the AHL, while leading his team in goals, as a defenseman. McCormick and Ellis, IMO, would both be waived before anyone was traded...Because they would both clear and could be recalled in case of injury and because if there's one thing Regier loves having it's defensive depth.

Blitz 01-23-2013 08:26 PM

To :flames

D TJ Brennan
2013 4th RND pick

To :sabres

LW Lance Bouma or Greg Nemisz
2013 3rd RND pick

deal?

TheHudlinator 01-23-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 58192665)
To :flames

D TJ Brennan
2013 4th RND pick

To :sabres

LW Lance Bouma or Greg Nemisz
2013 3rd RND pick

deal?

Make it Nemisz and deal.

New Sabres Captain 01-23-2013 08:36 PM

I think if Brennan is moved, it'll be part of a package for a big fish, and not for futures or bottom-6 help.

lifeisruff 01-23-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 58187843)
Buffalo isn't giving him away for a bag of pucks. They would rather keep him and move Leopold.

he's not really worth much more then a bag of pucks....

is the answer jesus 01-23-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 58192777)
Make it Nemisz and deal.

As a sabres fan I'd pass on that offer. I like that Nemisz has some size, but 1 point in over twenty games at the AHL level really makes me wonder if this kid has any future in the NHL. Brennan has to work on his play in his own zone, but he's got some great offensive tools. He was almost a PPG player as a defenseman in the AHL this year.

Djp 01-23-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisruff (Post 58193877)

Brennen is cheap, young, and a good offensive Dman similar in mold to Brian Campbell.

Given his cheap price buffalo isn't going to give him up for a 3rd/4th line player.

Buffalo moves Leopold first which is why Leopold is playing.

Calgary doesn't have much buffalo wants other than a deadline deal for someone like Iginala or another player.

DropIt 01-23-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 58195795)
Brennen is cheap, young, and a good offensive Dman similar in mold to Brian Campbell.

Given his cheap price buffalo isn't going to give him up for a 3rd/4th line player.

Buffalo moves Leopold first which is why Leopold is playing.

Calgary doesn't have much buffalo wants other than a deadline deal for someone like Iginala or another player.

There are alot of players that are similar in mold to Brian Campbell, but Brennan isnt sitting in the press box because they want to showcase Leopold, its because he isnt trusted or better than (at least) 6 other players at his position at this point.

I threw Nemisz in the mix as a bigger bodied center that needs a better opportunity then he is getting in Abbotsford, he could be swapped out for another player, hence the 'Value Of' title to the thread.

Akim Aliu, Dustin Sylvester, Ben Street are also younger players who can play both wing and center.

Djp 01-23-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropIt (Post 58197585)
There are alot of players that are similar in mold to Brian Campbell, but Brennan isnt sitting in the press box because they want to showcase Leopold, its because he isnt trusted or better than (at least) 6 other players at his position at this point.

I threw Nemisz in the mix as a bigger bodied center that needs a better opportunity then he is getting in Abbotsford, he could be swapped out for another player, hence the 'Value Of' title to the thread.

Akim Aliu, Dustin Sylvester, Ben Street are also younger players who can play both wing and center.

He isnt going to get it in Buffalo.

buffalo really doesnt need a center right now unless its a short term rental who provides veteran leadership. They have Ennis, Hodgson, and Grigorenko.

Absolutely they are marketing Leopold because they have no plans on signing him next year (unless they deal Regehr, or Sekera) given they have at least 5 NHL ready Dmen in their system waiting to get a shot. the one they would make an effort to keep is Regehr who is a UFA after this season.

They want to use their Dmen to improve up front on the wings or getting a veteran center either being a UFA after this year or next year.

is the answer jesus 01-23-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropIt (Post 58197585)

No interest in any of those guys honestly. Aliu is a big tough guy, but he's a long shot to make the NHL, Sylvester I know little about other than he's on the small side 5'6", and Street is already almost 26 years old so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not gonna be an NHL player.
I don't think we make great trading partners. I'd want a forward prospect with a little higher upside than any of the guys you've offered, otherwise I'd move a proven asset like Leopold that would give us a considerable asset in return, or just keep Brennan in the pressbox until injuries hit us, which they almost certainly will.

lifeisruff 01-30-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djp (Post 58195795)

....so is Mark Andre Gragnani.....

Layne Staley 01-30-2013 08:12 PM

Brennan for a 3rd. Or Brennan + 4th for a 2nd.

tsujimoto74 01-30-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeisruff (Post 58193877)

Which is why we'll keep him. Why move him for essentially nothing when you could have a decent offensive depth option on the blue line when injuries strike? And they will strike, because this is the Sabres we're talking about...

Rhett4 01-30-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 58708245)
Brennan for a 3rd. Or Brennan + 4th for a 2nd.

That's fair value if they choose to move him.