HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Sharks Getting Jersey Modification? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1331439)

thrillermiller89 01-24-2013 12:13 AM

Sharks Getting Jersey Modification?
 
From Icethetics, via Reebok's 2013 Catalog...

Quote:

Reebok's 2013 catalog has one last surprise for us. Like the Hurricanes and Canadiens, the San Jose Sharks are apparently looking at new or modified home and road sweaters for the fall. And also like the Canes, the black third jersey seems to be sticking around.

This is unexpected because the Sharks just got new uniforms (and a new logo) back in 2007. That leads me to think the changes — if true — won't be significant. So what could they be?
http://www.icethetics.info (Go toward the bottom of the page)


Thoughts?

ChokingV 01-24-2013 12:22 AM

I really, really hope they go back to the old logo. The old one was so nice, but the current one already feels dated.

krudmonk 01-24-2013 12:27 AM

Die, orange, die

Nighthock 01-24-2013 12:32 AM

I feel like LadyStanley ...

magic school bus 01-24-2013 12:33 AM

Please go back to the original jerseys, please go back to the original jerseys, please go back to the original jerseys...

JonathanK81 01-24-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 58209005)
I feel like LadyStanley ...

I learned my mistake, obviously they haven't ;)

Hatrick Marleau 01-24-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krudmonk (Post 58208691)
Die, orange, die

This x1000!:nod:

sharklife25 01-24-2013 12:37 AM

I never liked the new crop of Jerseys apart from the Black ones (probably because they don't have orange...)

I hope they revamp them and make it a hybrid of the original jersey and the jersey before our current set...

Oppa 01-24-2013 12:40 AM

Teal and grey? I wasn't lucky enough to be a fan when they wore those...

sharkbite3 01-24-2013 12:41 AM

I would be so stoked to see the original sweaters make a comeback. I really don't see the need for orange.

JonathanK81 01-24-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawaii (Post 58209531)
Teal and grey? I wasn't lucky enough to be a fan when they wore those...

I remember when it was "shimmering silver." Those were my favorites. Nothing wrong with grey, but it's boring when compared next to the silver.

OffSydes 01-24-2013 12:42 AM

Get rid of the black jerseys please

thrillermiller89 01-24-2013 12:43 AM

time to bring back the originals!

Mafoofoo 01-24-2013 12:59 AM

Well since it's supposed to be a small change maybe no more orange.

OffSydes 01-24-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 58210995)
Well since it's supposed to be a small change maybe no more orange.

With front numbers now on the helmets, the front numbers on the jerseys seem rather pointless...

Iron Chef 01-24-2013 01:01 AM

It would make sense then why the Sharks are suddenly being so generous with the jersey discounts right now. Basically buy 1 get one 1 free. Load people up with jerseys then change it up and make people want the next best thing, and pay again.

SactoShork 01-24-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 58209005)
I feel like LadyStanley ...

:laugh:

Can I call you Ladyhock? No?

magic school bus 01-24-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Chef (Post 58211151)
It would make sense then why the Sharks are suddenly being so generous with the jersey discounts right now. Basically buy 1 get one 1 free. Load people up with jerseys then change it up and make people want the next best thing, and pay again.

OR they're planning on trading for a superstar. :naughty:

MDsjs22 01-24-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawaii (Post 58209531)
Teal and grey? I wasn't lucky enough to be a fan when they wore those...

I am proud to say I own one of these jerseys. :yo:

StreetSharks 01-24-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChokingV (Post 58208425)
I really, really hope they go back to the old logo. The old one was so nice, but the current one already feels dated.

They would NEVER do this, the new logo has done better in advertising imo.

They will probably just remove the front numbers.

I do hope they go back to the OLD early 90s design, or even early 00s.

Nighthock 01-24-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 58209113)
Please go back to the original jerseys, please go back to the original jerseys, please go back to the original jerseys...

but then fans who already own original jerseys won't buy new ones! *gasp*

magic school bus 01-24-2013 02:12 AM

Oilers fans still bought new jerseys and they're basically the same. Blackhawks fans buy jerseys and their style has been the same forever (with a few alternates mixed in).

AngeLinTeal 01-24-2013 03:05 AM

Right here. Best jersey the Sharks have ever worn. The old logo doesn't necessarily have to come back. Keep the new logo just please take the orange out, it had no place in the original team color and has no place in it now. Go back to this teal.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Sharks/Images/Sharks09.png

StreetSharks 01-24-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngeLinTeal (Post 58214643)
Right here. Best jersey the Sharks have ever worn. The old logo doesn't necessarily have to come back. Keep the new logo just please take the orange out, it had no place in the original team color and has no place in it now. Go back to this teal.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Sharks/Images/Sharks09.png

Agreed.

my favorites too, a lot of people like the originals but these ones were just so perfect.

SharkTankBlog 01-24-2013 05:51 AM

I know a few people that work with Reebok with NHL merchandise.
Prepare for no numbers in front. Here's what I got the birdies to squawk.

The Sharks realized that they wouldn't have the numbers during the Stanley Cup Finals, so they want to drop it.

Along with that, they want to remove the jumping Sharks from the shoulders, and replace them with any of the various unused logos, such as the shield, fin in diamond, or wordmark.

Currently, Worcester uses the wordmark and shield on their shoulders.

They will NOT be removing the orange, they will NOT be changing the jerseys, as they signed 3 more years of this jersey design, along with the "BlackArmor" jerseys.

PS It's good to be back, first post in 6 months.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.