HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pyatt (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1331533)

HankTheTankYoLo 01-24-2013 02:15 AM

Pyatt
 
What you guys think abort him?

Im actually starting to like him, big body, physical, hits etc. Reallly good!

Glennsoe 01-24-2013 02:32 AM

Him and Nash have been amongst our top players so far...

tomcatNYR 01-24-2013 02:38 AM

I wouldn't abort him just yet. Give him a couple of games ;)

McDunna with Fries 01-24-2013 02:39 AM

He definitely isn't going to be scoring a goal every other game, but I like him. Big, strong guy who isn't the best or fastest skater, but definitely better than what I imagined we would be getting. He's been at the right place at the right time quite often in our first three games, so I hope he keeps it up.

Lerb 01-24-2013 03:00 AM

my favorite acquision aside from the power forwards in the last 3 years

Lerb 01-24-2013 03:10 AM

people downplay him but I see A LOT of potential in his ability to be a contributor that... well... gets discredited and goes under the radar as far as our depth is thought as to other teams

BlueshirtBlitz 01-24-2013 03:19 AM

He's playing at a high level. Always visible, in the right ways.

Kreider Typical 01-24-2013 03:35 AM

extremely good third liner. could probably even fit into a 2nd role with us. strong on the puck-- defensively sound and offensively decent. he's been better than i expected. definitely a good pickup for the third line. def helps that he's a big guy too and he knows how to throw around his size. could be better, but so far has been one of our best

Lerb 01-24-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooskating (Post 58215575)
extremely good third liner. could probably even fit into a 2nd role with us. strong on the puck-- defensively sound and offensively decent. he's been better than i expected. definitely a good pickup for the third line. def helps that he's a big guy too and he knows how to throw around his size. could be better, but so far has been one of our best

give him confidence and a role on the team to contribute and not just 5,6 minutes a game and he'll pay dividends. When he disappears, we'll know. When he's playing well, we'll know. He's that type of player who can use his strength well if he's in the right mind set. It's so important to have him integrate himself into the core of this team's grind and secondary scoring. He needed a new start going away from Vancouver, took his time in Phoenix and now he's back to himself and hockey. Love the guy. With these 2 goals in the first 3 games and such a momentous goal tonight.... it'll earn the respect of the guys in the locker room and give him the identity he needs to establish here with NYR.

You were right Mooskating, Kreider didn't blow anyone's mind :dunno:

tomcatNYR 01-24-2013 04:00 AM

We'll see. He was a 2nd liner in Vancouver and scored 20 goals and got close once with 18, so the potential is there, but if he keeps doing he's doing and scores even 10 goals then this will go down as a very good acquisition.

The Lunatic Fridge 01-24-2013 04:39 AM

Pretty sure it's several years too late to abort him...:sarcasm:

Kreider Typical 01-24-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCresty (Post 58215751)
give him confidence and a role on the team to contribute and not just 5,6 minutes a game and he'll pay dividends. When he disappears, we'll know. When he's playing well, we'll know. He's that type of player who can use his strength well if he's in the right mind set. It's so important to have him integrate himself into the core of this team's grind and secondary scoring. He needed a new start going away from Vancouver, took his time in Phoenix and now he's back to himself and hockey. Love the guy. With these 2 goals in the first 3 games and such a momentous goal tonight.... it'll earn the respect of the guys in the locker room and give him the identity he needs to establish here with NYR.

You were right Mooskating, Kreider didn't blow anyone's mind :dunno:

One of those situations where I'd rather be wrong. :\ Maybe getting sent down will give him the kick he needs to get into that new drive we saw last season.

If Pyatt continues playing the way he has when the team settles down we're in good shape going forward regardless of Kreider.

Lerb 01-24-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooskating (Post 58216031)
One of those situations where I'd rather be wrong. :\ Maybe getting sent down will give him the kick he needs to get into that new drive we saw last season.

If Pyatt continues playing the way he has when the team settles down we're in good shape going forward regardless of Kreider.

Getting sent down already failed to do him good. Getting sent up failed to do any good. Getting destroyed on an open ice hit didn't do any good. Kreider needs to take his multi-vitamins and get his head into a different space.

Lerb 01-24-2013 04:54 AM

Pyatt is doing what Dubinsky wouldn't last season. Net front shanangignangiangnaigns. So many goals around there to be picked up. Deflections, Jersey scrapers, rebounds, loose pucks, off the skate, off the face, off the pants around and around. This team is lacking net crashing and Pyatt does that tremendously.

Jackson Ranger 01-24-2013 05:54 AM

His goal last night was very important to put the Rangers ahead after Boston had tied it.
I'm glad Torts put him with some more talented players and on the left side.
He's been a good pickup and has been a top 6 forward so far.

wolfgaze 01-24-2013 06:00 AM

Seems to be on and around the puck quite a bit.

nyr2k2 01-24-2013 06:08 AM

He's a good fit in our system.

SupersonicMonkey* 01-24-2013 06:37 AM

Knew he'd be a good fit here. Always liked Pyatt.

Kokoschka 01-24-2013 06:38 AM

Big body, good skating, decent hands, goes to the net, hits from time to time, responsible defensively. What's not to like?

Bob Richards 01-24-2013 07:02 AM

I accidentally called him Tom in the GDT. :facepalm:

NYR Viper 01-24-2013 07:48 AM

I was pretty sure he would fit in well here. His size, skating and style of play were missing within this team. He goes to the net and is hard to move. Perfect player for this team. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him score 12-13 goals THIS season.

I liked the signing when it happened and still do. Even if he isn't scoring he is tough to play against.

HatTrick Swayze 01-24-2013 07:51 AM

Yea a lot to like about picking this guy up. One of the few who has been consistently strong on the forecheck.

McSauer 01-24-2013 08:03 AM

Did we sign him to a one or two year deal?

HockeyBasedNYC 01-24-2013 08:05 AM

Pyatt is a lot bigger, and quicker than I thought.

He played pretty well in Boston, did alright against Pitt, but he really brought it last night being on pucks and in the right position. If he can supply this type of play consistently, we'll be just fine with the loss of Dubinsky. He does almost everything he did here except with a bigger body (and finish right now).

He could score 20 in this system and thats great sneaky depth to have on this team. Its only 3 games, gotta see it for a while longer before we anoint this as a great signing, but I love what I see so far as he is a perfect fit for Torts style.

I think a good goal for him would be to win over the fans and win the Steven McDonald award. If he does that, this team would be in great shape, and it would be great for his career with everything that he has gone (going) through.

KreiMeARiver* 01-24-2013 08:07 AM

He does the dirty work. I'm a big fan, so far. I liked him in Phoenix, and it seems like a good fit here, also.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.