HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   All Aboard, plenty of nice cabins left. Get them while they last. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332383)

Mr Gone 01-25-2013 04:00 AM

All Aboard, plenty of nice cabins left. Get them while they last.
 
http://gcaptain.com/wp-content/uploa...-D-635x291.jpg

All Aboard the tanker. As long as we stay in the middle of the pack things will never change.

I would rather be dead last then just miss the playoffs.

It sucks but I just can't see a silver lining.

And talking about a strong rush or a good period form our supper star. Just shows how far this team has fallen.

No Effort...
No Heart...
No Pride...

BobRouse 01-25-2013 07:39 AM

Well my friend...let the Tinner enlighten you on the silver lining.

Without lows you can never get the full experience of highs. Every book or movie I have ever read or seen has a part where the hero is down on the dumps and finds a way to fight through it.

We may not rebound this season but we all will watch and follow the games anyhow. If we do tank we will get a fine draft pick and then have Kuznetsov, Forsberg and Wilson coming through the pipeline.

Alot of the key players on this team are very young (Karlzner, Orlov, Johansson, the goalies) and are going to go through trying times.

Besides having something to be upset about as fans gets our juices flowing. I read an article where this is because people get a rush off getting bitter.

Vabeachblue 01-25-2013 07:58 AM

Tank for nathan mackinnon

Stewie G 01-25-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRouse (Post 58301667)
Well my friend...let the Tinner enlighten you on the silver lining.

Without lows you can never get the full experience of highs. Every book or movie I have ever read or seen has a part where the hero is down on the dumps and finds a way to fight through it.

We may not rebound this season but we all will watch and follow the games anyhow. If we do tank we will get a fine draft pick and then have Kuznetsov, Forsberg and Wilson coming through the pipeline.

Alot of the key players on this team are very young (Karlzner, Orlov, Johansson, the goalies) and are going to go through trying times.

Besides having something to be upset about as fans gets our juices flowing. I read an article where this is because people get a rush off getting bitter.

Wow. What a crappy way to live life.

BobRouse 01-25-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie G (Post 58302379)
Wow. What a crappy way to live life.

It has something to do with a chemical release in the brain that provides euphoria and adrenaline.

Thats why revenge tastes so sweet. The bitterness involved that arouses our anger leads to the chemical release.

I know this is a humor website but the editor who wrote this makes convincing points and alot of them delve in the nature of why we like to "hate" and be "haters" so to speak:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...rs-to-be-real/

In that article he links the following one which is very interesting and makes sense:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/artic...-negative-bias

Stewie G 01-25-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRouse (Post 58302483)
It has something to do with a chemical release in the brain that provides euphoria and adrenaline.

Thats why revenge tastes so sweet. The bitterness involved that arouses our anger leads to the chemical release.

There are much better ways to get those chemicals flowing. Plus, as an added bonus, they wouldn't have to live their life as a bitter person.

That's just me though. I tend to chuckle at the people who get their panties in such a knot over this kind of stuff. Games for me are for fun. Do they look terrible? Yes. Am I going to get worked up about it? Absolutely not.

I haven't wandered into the GDT and I doubt I will. I can probably guess what was said and who said it without even opening it.

HSHS 01-25-2013 08:22 AM

Well GMGM already has his built in excuse for Teddy.... and a lot of it is very true (ie short season, new coach, no camp).

It's only 3 games for sure, but in reality in a half season its similar to a 0-6 start. While they just look plain *****. They can turn it around. But I don't expect it.

So much for "competitive for years" instead of "going for it" mentality. And I don't mean trading the house. GMGM wasted Ovi's early and cheap years with a garbage team.

BobRouse 01-25-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSHS (Post 58302921)

So much for "competitive for years" instead of "going for it" mentality. And I don't mean trading the house. GMGM wasted Ovi's early and cheap years with a garbage team.

Sounds like what I was saying several years ago. Nothing can be done about that now tho so its kinda depressing.

BTCG 01-26-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRouse (Post 58301667)
Well my friend...let the Tinner enlighten you on the silver lining.

Without lows you can never get the full experience of highs. Every book or movie I have ever read or seen has a part where the hero is down on the dumps and finds a way to fight through it.

We may not rebound this season but we all will watch and follow the games anyhow. If we do tank we will get a fine draft pick and then have Kuznetsov, Forsberg and Wilson coming through the pipeline.

Alot of the key players on this team are very young (Karlzner, Orlov, Johansson, the goalies) and are going to go through trying times.

Besides having something to be upset about as fans gets our juices flowing. I read an article where this is because people get a rush off getting bitter.


Need lows to generate the highs?

The reality is that Halpysback is correct... you want neither. Emotion leads to unneeded and unwanted thought processes.

The true pro doesn't approach his/her match with highs or lows.

He/she views it like this:

"It's true that I've experienced lows and highs in my sport. But each match is an individual test of my abilities. So there is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed forever."

Ty Cobb's play is a perfect example of this philosophy.

Millhaus 01-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSHS (Post 58302921)
So much for "competitive for years" instead of "going for it" mentality. And I don't mean trading the house. GMGM wasted Ovi's early and cheap years with a garbage team.

If Ovechkin was still Ovechkin this team is plenty competitive IMO. I honestly can't think of a player who was once of anywhere close to his caliber who's game fell off the cliff like this so I find it difficult to slam McPhee for not having a crystal ball that told him this would happen.

BTCG 01-26-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millhaus (Post 58389017)
If Ovechkin was still Ovechkin this team is plenty competitive IMO. I honestly can't think of a player who was once of anywhere close to his caliber who's game fell off the cliff like this so I find it difficult to slam McPhee for not having a crystal ball that told him this would happen.

Competitive in the Southeast, maybe. But certainly nowhere near a Cup.

HSHS's claim isn't far-fetched when you consider that the organization had a model: a strong defenceive anchor (Tinordi, Langway).

It's almost like McPhee snubbed his nose at the team's legacy with his insistence of offenceive defenceman, despite the repeated failures we had with them.

Millhaus 01-26-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCG (Post 58395469)
Competitive in the Southeast, maybe. But certainly nowhere near a Cup.

The premise was 'competitive for years' and I contend if Ovechkin was still Ovechkin they at least make the conference finals last year, which puts them fairly close to a cup.

BTCG 01-26-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millhaus (Post 58395961)
The premise was 'competitive for years' and I contend if Ovechkin was still Ovechkin they at least make the conference finals last year, which puts them fairly close to a cup.

I think HSHS really means that after so many SE champ raise the flag nights, the team might actually try to return to the Finals.

As for AO... the truth is, he was a great scorer only... and the last time I checked, there are "2" ends of the ice.

FORGOT: I realize you are a true fan... and passionate about the team. I respect that.

Millhaus 01-26-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTCG (Post 58396683)
I think HSHS really means that after so many SE champ raise the flag nights, the team might actually try to return to the Finals.

As for AO... the truth is, he was a great scorer only... and the last time I checked, there are "2" ends of the ice.

FORGOT: I realize you are a true fan... and passionate about the team. I respect that.

Plenty of great scorers only have played key roles on cup teams, plenty...

BTCG 01-26-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millhaus (Post 58397549)
Plenty of great scorers only have played key roles on cup teams, plenty...

You're right... but as HSHS eludes to, you need a full compliment.

Look, I respect your passion, and I don't wish to argue with you.

Mr Gone 01-31-2013 08:43 PM

A few signs of life tonight. Nothing going to change anytime soon.

We will have to hit rock bottom for any real change.

Holtbyisms 01-31-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Gone (Post 58299163)

Haha rockin the red all the way to the grave!

swimmer77 01-31-2013 09:29 PM

I'd like what looks to be a penthouse atop the white section there. Looks spacious, lots of windows, nice view. How much?

sycamore 01-31-2013 09:40 PM

I'm stunned at how little confidence they have in Holtby. Have they given up on him already? Don't they realize that all the great ones like Miller and Lundquist had it rough in the first seasons of their careers (go check their stats -- not pretty)?

CapitalsCupFantasy 01-31-2013 09:43 PM

Neuvirth has earned the consecutive starts and should continue to do so. Goalie shuffling rarely works well. The sooner one of them grabs the reigns and solidifies that position the better for the team. Won't hurt Holtby one bit to play backup for a year (if that's the way it works out). Long season and I suspect 70 gets a lot more looks.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz 01-31-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 58797431)
I'm stunned at how little confidence they have in Holtby. Have they given up on him already? Don't they realize that all the great ones like Miller and Lundquist had it rough in the first seasons of their careers (go check their stats -- not pretty)?

They're just going with the hot goalie. I don't see it as a condemnation of Holtby. He'll almost assuredly play tomorrow or Sunday.

Beef Invictus 01-31-2013 10:38 PM

Flyers and Caps tankers are on a collision course. We need Seth Jones more, damnit!

Halpysback 01-31-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 58803067)
Flyers and Caps tankers are on a collision course. We need Seth Jones more, damnit!

Take him, we're taking the Finn

Halpysback 01-31-2013 10:41 PM

Also I gave up on the season way before it was cool

HSHS 01-31-2013 11:38 PM

I was talking about Ovi's elc years


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.