HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phi-ana (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332413)

DLJB 01-25-2013 07:18 AM

Phi-ana
 
To Philly

Hiller
Perry
Lydman/Beauchemin

To Anaheim

Bryzgalov
B. Schenn
L. Schenn

I know I will get flammed from both sides on this but I really think this is fair value. Anaheim needs to get younger and Philly needs this trade IMO. Perry with Giroux would be crazy!

Pahlsson26 01-25-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLJB (Post 58300339)
To Philly

Hiller
Perry
Lydman/Beauchemin

To Anaheim

Bryzgalov
B. Schenn
L. Schenn

I know I will get flammed from both sides on this but I really think this is fair value. Anaheim needs to get younger and Philly needs this trade. Perry with Giroux would be crazy!

Yikes.

DLJB 01-25-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson (Post 58300451)
Yikes.

Would you like to clarify?

Hiller=Bryz IMO even with the lenghty contract
Schenn>Beauchemin/Lydman Basically the same but give the advantage to Schenn because of age
Schenn=unsigned Perry no?

FlyersFan61290 01-25-2013 07:34 AM

Polite no thanks from this flyers fan. Bryz has been good for us in the early going even though his numbers don't suggest it, if you watched their first 4 games he was probably our best/most consistent player. He was let down by the whole team; d-men losing their man/not clearing the crease, forwards not back checking and just bad luck (3 goals deflected off our own guys). No doubt Hiller is the better goalie but if Bryz continues to play well I don't see any reason to move him as there isn't much of a difference between the two. After removing him it becomes the Schenn brothers for a UFA in perry, granted a very good/usefull one, and another middle aging D-man. L. Schenn has been very good his past two games and is very young. He can grow with our young core, not to mention he's a right hand shot, the first significant right handed d-man in Philly since Eric Desjardins. So i would say he's more valuable to us then his replacements now and for then next 10+ yrs if we want him around that long. With no guarantee that perry will re-sign its not remotely worth it for the Flyers.

Vipers31 01-25-2013 07:39 AM

A proposal for Perry shouldn't include Hiller, and it certainly shouldn't include Bryz. I think he gets badly underrated around the boards these days, but the Ducks are not the type of team that will or can take on that contract and the $20M in salary over the next three years, for example.

FlyersFan61290 01-25-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLJB (Post 58300523)
Would you like to clarify?

Hiller=Bryz IMO even with the lenghty contract
Schenn>Beauchemin/Lydman Basically the same but give the advantage to Schenn because of age
Schenn=unsigned Perry no?

Not to me. And by your own admission it's actuall B. Schenn plus the difference between L. Schenn and Beauchemin/Lydman for a UFA Perry. Don't see why the flyers would ever do this.

mightyquack 01-25-2013 09:57 AM

Assuming you're comparing L Schenn, I'd much rather have Beauch. Don't think there is a big enough difference between Lydman and L.Schenn to justify taking on Bryz's terrible contract.

JDinkalage Morgoone 01-25-2013 10:25 AM

I hope this doesn't happen.

JDinkalage Morgoone 01-25-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightyquack (Post 58304037)
Assuming you're comparing L Schenn, I'd much rather have Beauch. Don't think there is a big enough difference between Lydman and L.Schenn to justify taking on Bryz's terrible contract.

Just curious, is it terrible because of cap hit or term? Or both? Just wondering from your POV.

Suddenly7 01-25-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLJB (Post 58300339)
To Philly

Hiller
Perry
Lydman/Beauchemin

To Anaheim

Bryzgalov
B. Schenn
L. Schenn

I know I will get flammed from both sides on this but I really think this is fair value. Anaheim needs to get younger and Philly needs this trade IMO. Perry with Giroux would be crazy!

Hiller > Bryzgalov. People forget how good Hiller was until he was injured a couple season ago. He has since regain that type of performance. There shouldn't be a need to get Byzgalov. We had Byzgalov before he went to Phoenix and became a star.

Perry/Lydman/Beauchemin >> B. Schenn/L. Schenn. The value isn't even close. The Ducks are giving up a MVP and one of their best stay at home defensemens for a pair of prospects that haven't shown a lot. The Ducks have one of the youngest forward core in the NHL. We have better defensemen prospects that will be in the NHL in a couple years. No need to add more prospects.

Force951 01-25-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 58305313)
Just curious, is it terrible because of cap hit or term? Or both? Just wondering from your POV.

Term, 7 more years after this one. Meanwhile Hiller is playing better, younger, and will likely sign a shorter term deal to hold the fort till Gibson is ready.

Also not to be ignored is the actual salary that makes it horrible for the ducks. Who cares if the cap hit is 5.67 when he gets paid 8 mill next year.

Vipers31 01-25-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force951 (Post 58306993)
Who cares if the cap hit is 5.67 when he gets paid 8 mill next year.

Well, to be fair, some teams do. Like the Flyers. We just don't happen to be one of the teams to which cap hit means more than salary.

Exit Dose 01-25-2013 11:08 AM

God, I hope not. Bryz is a deal killer.

JDinkalage Morgoone 01-25-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force951 (Post 58306993)
Term, 7 more years after this one. Meanwhile Hiller is playing better, younger, and will likely sign a shorter term deal to hold the fort till Gibson is ready.

Also not to be ignored is the actual salary that makes it horrible for the ducks. Who cares if the cap hit is 5.67 when he gets paid 8 mill next year.

That's fine, I was just curious. I have been hearing a lot of people say his cap hit sucks when I think it'll be a bargain in a couple years.

Canadian Jesus 01-25-2013 11:50 AM

Horrible deal for Anaheim; they could get way more if they dealt Perry and Hiller separately

Lord Flashheart 01-25-2013 11:57 AM

Terrible for Ducks, just terrible.

HappyGilmourr 01-25-2013 12:00 PM

Couturier
Simmonds

would be fair value for a

signed Perry

Ryan - Getzlaf - Simmonds
Couturier - Koivu - Selanee

Flyers lineup when healthy:

Voracek - Giroux - Perry
Hartnell - Brierre - Read

Exit Dose 01-25-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozak (Post 58310581)
Couturier
Simmonds

would be fair value for a

signed Perry

Ryan - Getzlaf - Simmonds
Couturier - Koivu - Selanee

Flyers lineup when healthy:

Voracek - Giroux - Perry
Hartnell - Brierre - Read

Koivu isn't in our top six.

Snotbubbles 01-25-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly7 (Post 58306183)
Hiller > Bryzgalov. People forget how good Hiller was until he was injured a couple season ago. He has since regain that type of performance. There shouldn't be a need to get Byzgalov. We had Byzgalov before he went to Phoenix and became a star.

So we're supposed to remeber how good Hiller was but ignore how good Bryzgalov was? Gotcha.

Snotbubbles 01-25-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozak (Post 58310581)
Couturier
Simmonds

would be fair value for a

signed Perry

Ryan - Getzlaf - Simmonds
Couturier - Koivu - Selanee

Flyers lineup when healthy:

Voracek - Giroux - Perry
Hartnell - Brierre - Read

Even if everything you say is true. Perry isn't signed so you're post is moot.

airforceones25 01-25-2013 12:32 PM

Ducks giving up the 3 best players at their respective positions(*in the deal). Absolutely not.

orange is better 01-25-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotbubbles (Post 58311747)
So we're supposed to remeber how good Hiller was but ignore how good Bryzgalov was? Gotcha.

owned.

plus, it seems as though not many people have seen the 4 flyers games this season, because if they had, they'd know that Bryz has clearly been the best player on the ice at any position to start the season.

with how good he's been in the past, it's much more likely that last year was a fluke than last year being the new benchmark for him.

Getz2perry 01-25-2013 01:48 PM

Why would the ducks need to get younger? we have a decent prospect pool, and already playing with a fairly young team. Unless you are one of those people that think 28 is old and perry and getz are past their primes?

I think ducks fans have a better idea of how good bryz and hiller are.

Hiller was a top 5 goalie in the league before his injury and he started to prove that at the end of last season, id consider him pretty untouchable. Why would we increase our pay at goalie position for less talent? I watched every flyers game this season and id agree bryz has been good for you guys but hiller > bryz.

I know you guys are super high on B. Schenn but hes still unproven, despite what philly fans think couts/schenn havnt won a hart trophy yet. I wouldnt trade an unsigned perry for schenn straight up.

L. Schenn =/= Beauch/lydman... not anything to make the other loses worth it.

You would be better off taking 1 piece and working on it, ie perry for so and so or hiller for so and so. Either way i dont think flyers have what the ducks would be looking for at the deadline for perry if he doesnt want to resign with the ducks. You guys would be better off hoping he becomes a UFA and throw money at him instead. But please dont drop your ****** contracts on us we have hiller and one of the top goalie prospects in the world.

TorstenFrings 01-25-2013 02:02 PM

It`s really strange how you shoehorned the goalies in. Brayden Schenn for Perry is a somewhat logical thought, but asking for Hiller was overkill.

Pepper 01-25-2013 02:27 PM

No way Ducks do that.

Bryz has a killer (and not in a good way) contract and there's no reason to trade Hiller who's underrated.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.