HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Pitt/Ana (Perry) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332573)

malksby8771 01-25-2013 10:49 AM

Pitt/Ana (Perry)

To Pittsburgh:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Simon Despres, Scott Harrington, Pascal Dupuis, 2013 1st Round Pick

Pens fan here. I have a feeling one of Perry or Getzlaf will be moved to the East and I sure don't want one of them moved to a rival team, so I want Shero to make an aggressive offer for CP. He's clearly the perfect winger for the pens; right shot, right wing, physical, nasty shot. I'm not sure if this is a fair offer though so feel free to flame away.

Chandrashekhar Limit 01-25-2013 10:51 AM

Need to include Morrow and drop Harringnton, Despres.

Force951 01-25-2013 10:51 AM

Good offer, but our defense is pretty full for the next few years. Chances are we would want a good LW Prospect/young NHLer back if he is dealt.

wej20 01-25-2013 10:53 AM

1st + Kennedy + Morrow + ??? might be more attractive offer, Pens don't have any good LW prospects to offer though.

Hottubber 01-25-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force951 (Post 58309973)
Good offer, but our defense is pretty full for the next few years. Chances are we would want a good LW Prospect/young NHLer back if he is dealt.

want Tangradi back :sarcasm:

kasper11 01-25-2013 10:54 AM

I think that is a pretty decent offer if Anaheim is out of it and can't re-sign Perry. I really like Depres and Harrington is a pretty decent third component. The first will be late, but it is supposed to be a pretty deep draft. This deal stacks up pretty well compared to the Hossa/Kovalchuk trades.

That said, I do think Anaheim would ask for a forward prospect instead of Harrington.

Exit Dose 01-25-2013 10:56 AM

I think they'd ask for Bennett as part of the return.

Canadian Jesus 01-25-2013 10:57 AM

Good proposal; Crosby/Perry and Malkin/Neal would be nasty

HarryNealesGarden 01-25-2013 10:58 AM

Pitt honestly can't make a move like this. With a lowering cap and 22.4m in cap space already sunk into Crosby, Malkin, and Neal (and Malkin needing a new deal soon), they don't have the cap space to pony up another $6+m for Perry.

And I can't see them trading a massive haul for a one-season rental.

DoctrSteveBrule 01-25-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden (Post 58310443)
Pitt honestly can't make a move like this. With a lowering cap and 22.4m in cap space already sunk into Crosby, Malkin, and Neal (and Malkin needing a new deal soon), they don't have the cap space to pony up another $6+m for Perry.

actually they could easily but it would likely be at the expense of Kris Letang.

Hottubber 01-25-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Shero made offers to both Parise and Suter so he must have been fairly confident that he could work around a lowered cap

Black Label 01-25-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Cap-wise the Penguins can afford Perry. They are 9 million under the cap this year and almost 12 million under the cap next year. And the year after that many contracts expire so they will be nearly 40 million under (some big names like Malkin and Letang do need to be resigned however). Shero was ready to give Staal 5 million/year, I'm sure he could fit Perry in.

Now whether or not Anaheim is interested in anything Pittsburgh has to offer is another matter...

StarsFan74 01-25-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malksby8771 (Post 58309805)
To Pittsburgh:

Corey Perry

To Anaheim:

Simon Despres, Scott Harrington, Pascal Dupuis, 2013 1st Round Pick

Pens fan here. I have a feeling one of Perry or Getzlaf will be moved to the East and I sure don't want one of them moved to a rival team, so I want Shero to make an aggressive offer for CP. He's clearly the perfect winger for the pens; right shot, right wing, physical, nasty shot. I'm not sure if this is a fair offer though so feel free to flame away.

With only $12m in cap-space left (with the drop to $64.3) and only 15 players signed, Perry might not work for you, unfortunately. He alone would eat into $6.5-7.0m of that space.

Marlo Stanfield 01-25-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsFan74 (Post 58310861)
With only $12m in cap-space left (with the drop to $64.3) and only 15 players signed, Perry might not work for you, unfortunately. He alone would eat into $6.5-7.0m of that space.

Perry at $7 mil/year is semi-feasible if they dump Martin & Orpik in the offseason and bring up their defensemen on rookie contracts.

StarsFan74 01-25-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Label (Post 58310785)
Cap-wise the Penguins can afford Perry. They are 9 million under the cap this year and almost 12 million under the cap next year. And the year after that many contracts expire so they will be nearly 40 million under (some big names like Malkin and Letang do need to be resigned however). Shero was ready to give Staal 5 million/year, I'm sure he could fit Perry in.

Now whether or not Anaheim is interested in anything Pittsburgh has to offer is another matter...

He was ready to give him 5m/year when the cap was $70.2m. Also, Perry is going to cost a heck of a lot more than $5m/year. Signing Perry would have to be followed by trades or compliance buyouts.

KIRK 01-25-2013 11:09 AM

I think Beau Bennett has to be part of that deal.

Kennedy, Bennett, Maatta, 1st is probably the ballpark it costs you.

HarryNealesGarden 01-25-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule (Post 58310697)
actually they could easily but it would likely be at the expense of Kris Letang.

Perry's gonna get paid. He's probably in line for a cap hit in the $6.5-7m range if not higher.

The cap is gonna come down to $64m. Can Pitt really afford to sink almost 50% of their cap into four guys? Then you still have Martin and MAF too for at least next season. Letang would almost certainly have to go.

KIRK 01-25-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsFan74 (Post 58310861)

Moving Paul Martin and playing one of the entry level contract guys on defense takes care of about 60-65% of the problem.

StarsFan74 01-25-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield (Post 58311047)
Perry at $7 mil/year is semi-feasible if they dump Martin & Orpik in the offseason and bring up their defensemen on rookie contracts.

I'd take Orpik in a heartbeat. Martin too, if there's a possibility he could bounce back.

StarsFan74 01-25-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRK (Post 58311189)
Moving Paul Martin and playing one of the entry level contract guys on defense takes care of about 60-65% of the problem.

I agree. Like I said, it's not possible without some wheeling and dealing or buyouts.

KIRK 01-25-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden (Post 58311163)
Perry's gonna get paid. He's probably in line for a cap hit in the $6.5-7m range if not higher.

The cap is gonna come down to $64m. Can Pitt really afford to sink almost 50% of their cap into four guys? Then you still have Martin and MAF too. Letang would have to go of course.

1. If Ray Shero could get Perry as Crosby's long term answer, then Martin would be gone this offseason, even if the Pens had to buy him out to do it.

2. Why would Letang have to go? He makes 3.5M next year. Remember: Shero offered Parise big money, knowing everything people are saying here about the cap, including that it likely would be where it's going to be next year. Perry is the type of guy, you get him, you sign him, and you worry about Paul Martin or resigning Dupuis/Cooke later.

PuqTalk 01-25-2013 11:14 AM

A deal would not work between the two teams.

AccuracyFive 01-25-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuqTalk (Post 58311367)
A deal would not work between the two teams.

Why?

KIRK 01-25-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ (Post 58311595)
Why?

Because he said so.

HarryNealesGarden 01-25-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRK (Post 58311327)
1. If Ray Shero could get Perry as Crosby's long term answer, then Martin would be gone this offseason, even if the Pens had to buy him out to do it.

2. Why would Letang have to go? He makes 3.5M next year. Remember: Shero offered Parise big money, knowing everything people are saying here about the cap, including that it likely would be where it's going to be next year. Perry is the type of guy, you get him, you sign him, and you worry about Paul Martin or resigning Dupuis/Cooke later.

So let's figure you have to give Perry $7m/year to get him signed (the dude's a Hart Trophy winner / 50-goal scorer, he's gonna get paid). Then you've got Crosby and Malkin at $8.7m (and this assumes Malkin won't get a raise, he is more than entitled to one), and Neal at $5m.

That gives you 29.4m to those four guys, 34.4 if you include MAF. Can you find another 18 guys at an average salary of $1.6m?

Not saying you can't, but that requires a lot of cap juggling. It might not be worth it.