HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Valley of the Shadow of General Stars Talk V (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332661)

Stars99Lobo37 01-25-2013 12:35 PM

Valley of the Shadow of General Stars Talk V

Continue...

I. General Stars Talk
II. More General Stars Talk
III. In Search of General Stars Talk
IV. General Stars Talk: The Prequel

jagrgodr 01-25-2013 12:57 PM

Jagr out, Vincour in?

This year, the NHL has not played a single match, he was not at the training camp. After injury to Jaromir Jagr hockey striker Tomas Vincour got to Dallas, where he was called up from the farm team. This suggests that the Czech star with the number 68 is expected to remain on the sidelines.
Zdroj: http://hokej.idnes.cz/tomas-vincour-...191748_nhl_lge

Stars99Lobo37 01-25-2013 01:03 PM

They're definitely looking at the Vincour call up in the wrong way. Was called up before the game even happened.

Stars99Lobo37 01-25-2013 01:13 PM

Heika says Rome for sure in against St. Louis. No word on who's coming out yet.

Also...Jagr is 40-60 for Saturday. Vincour in if he doesn't play. Nilstorp in goal.

BigG44 01-25-2013 01:34 PM

Jamie Benn coming up on the Ticket with Bob and Dan.

txomisc 01-25-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 58317537)
Heika says Rome for sure in against St. Louis. No word on who's coming out yet.

Also...Jagr is 40-60 for Saturday. Vincour in if he doesn't play. Nilstorp in goal.

Im betting Dillon or Larsen

txomisc 01-25-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 58317043)
They're definitely looking at the Vincour call up in the wrong way. Was called up before the game even happened.

Was Jagr actually injured in the game? It seems to me like he skated well in the first game but didn't has his usual wheels since then.

Cristiano Ronaldo 01-25-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 58318837)
Jamie Benn coming up on the Ticket with Bob and Dan.

Did he already come on?

I just tuned in and it's on commercial.

BigG44 01-25-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAlex916 (Post 58320211)
Did he already come on?

I just tuned in and it's on commercial.

It's already over. It was a standard, do your best to say absolutely nothing, Benn interview.

In the post practice interviews, Gulutzan said Benn will start between Whitney and Ryder.

Stars99Lobo37 01-25-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txomisc (Post 58319955)
Was Jagr actually injured in the game? It seems to me like he skated well in the first game but didn't has his usual wheels since then.

He went off in the 3rd and didn't return. They're saying it's his back.

BigG44 01-25-2013 02:07 PM

It's ridiculous the only way Vincour is playing is if Jagr is hurt. I don't care if Vincour is in the NHL or the AHL ... regardless of the league he should be playing.

BigG44 01-25-2013 02:15 PM

Oh yeah ... the one notable thing from Benn on the Ticket was after he hung up. Bob mentioned that people in the organization have indirectly said at several times the deal Benn signed is the same one they've been offering for a while .. or at least similar in salary.

Sturm's opinion seems to be that Benn just caved to get a deal done.

Also, Troy brought up Morrow being a boring interview last night. It's funny these morons (especially Dan) do seem to base their opinion of a guy on how well he performs for their show. They were snarky about him not caving in and answering all of their questions.

It's funny that Sturm went with "people say" you didn't want to be in Dallas when he specifically brought it up on Twitter and even insinuated Benn was selfish. "People", Bob ... you'd never say anything like that .... lol. I'm a big fan of Bob, but he's been very annoying this short hockey season. He was confrontational about toughness with the owner, and then he didn't have the gumption to nut up and say he questioned Benn's desire to be on the team.

Stars99Lobo37 01-25-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 58321365)
Oh yeah ... the one notable thing from Benn on the Ticket was after he hung up. Bob mentioned that people in the organization have indirectly said at several times the deal Benn signed is the same one they've been offering for a while .. or at least similar in salary.

Sturm's opinion seems to be that Benn just caved to get a deal done.

He called Joe out on it last night as well. Was it worth it when basically this is the same deal that's been in place this entire time etc type questions.

glovesave_35 01-25-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 58321365)
It's funny that Sturm went with "people say" you didn't want to be in Dallas when he specifically brought it up on Twitter and even insinuated Benn was selfish. "People", Bob ... you'd never say anything like that .... lol. I'm a big fan of Bob, but he's been very annoying this short hockey season. He was confrontational about toughness with the owner, and then he didn't have the gumption to nut up and say he questioned Benn's desire to be on the team.

I like BaD Radio a lot. I really hate their post-game shows. Bob doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about hockey and Dan explicitly dislikes the sport and has no shame when it comes to talking about this fact. It's obviously not just schtick because he clearly doesn't watch the games with any sense of hockey knowledge, which is pathetic after going to the games all these years.

I imagine Bob feels vindicated using the phrase "people say" because even if he started the conversation on twitter he probably had a bunch of dumbasses agreeing with him. They could be the "people" he's referring to.

glovesave_35 01-25-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 58321507)
He called Joe out on it last night as well. Was it worth it when basically this is the same deal that's been in place this entire time etc type questions.

I don't understand what you mean he "called Joe out on it"...if this is the deal the Stars were offering all along (or close to it) then that means the Stars weren't the ones to blink first and "won" the standoff with Benn's agent.

Stars99Lobo37 01-25-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 58333235)
I don't understand what you mean he "called Joe out on it"...if this is the deal the Stars were offering all along (or close to it) then that means the Stars weren't the ones to blink first and "won" the standoff with Benn's agent.

Called out Joe because he couldn't really call out Benn. He was clearly frustrated as he felt it was a waste of four games (and going to be five now) of him not playing.

glovesave_35 01-25-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 (Post 58333665)
Called out Joe because he couldn't really call out Benn. He was clearly frustrated as he felt it was a waste of four games (and going to be five now) of him not playing.

That's dumb. Somebody should send Bob a Tampax care package. I really don't know why everyone was getting so ******** over this. It was a unique situation and apparently took a little time. Given the short time between ratifying the CBA and the start of the season it would have been surprising to me if he hadn't missed a single game.

All those Stars fans who were talking about his value and trying to fill the Benn hole via trade sure look like idiots now.

Hull Fan 01-25-2013 06:32 PM

Besides you can make the offer but no one can force Benn or his agent to make him sign it before he's ready. I'm sure there were tweaks along the way but until Benn accepts this is what he's getting versus what he wants there's nothing the Stars can do.

Sturm is an idiot if he thinks Dallas deliberately dragged this out for some bizarre reason.

MetalGodAOD 01-25-2013 09:02 PM

That was a brutal, brutal interview. Benn totally dodged their loaded questions.

ginblossoms 01-26-2013 01:12 AM

yawn... another boring sports interview...

ginblossoms 01-26-2013 11:15 AM

stars recall sceviour again.

who goes down? ir? vincour? jagr?

also, texas also bolsters their forward corps with some guy named bretton cameron.

txomisc 01-26-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginblossoms (Post 58379807)
stars recall sceviour again.

who goes down? ir? vincour? jagr?

also, texas also bolsters their forward corps with some guy named bretton cameron.

maybe they just recalled Vincour because they wanted Sceviour to get a game and wanted an extra forward up in Dallas who could play just in case.

piqued 01-26-2013 11:25 AM

So does Sceviour not require waivers or what? Did we figure this out?

txomisc 01-26-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 58380197)
So does Sceviour not require waivers or what? Did we figure this out?

I think its one of those 10 games or 30 days things where he can be shuffled back and forth for awhile

The idea of having Vincour and Sceviour in Dallas and not playing is completely moronic.

Not sure how much weight to put into it but Sceviour is listed on the roster on the official site and Vincour is not.

Elysian 01-26-2013 03:25 PM

Speaking of Worley in the Fire Gully thread:

Quote:

Brandon Worley @brandonworley

Stephane Robidas: Where the fans' eye is at odds with what the numbers say. Hmm...
https://twitter.com/brandonworley/st...79141270482944

Guy is out to lunch if he's endorsing Robidas because of "numbers..." The responses to him (besides mine) are mind-numbing.