HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Honeymoon over for Kostka? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332669)

masyo88* 01-25-2013 12:53 PM

Honeymoon over for Kostka?
 
Now let me start of by saying, I loved that we had a local boy come out of no where and make the team, but am I the only one who thinks hes a tad bit over rated and being over used especially in the power play. I grew another beard waiting for him to shoot on the pp. At times it looks like he is being over whelmed by the speed of the NHL game and does not know what to do with the puck.I think as the season wears on and the grind of the NHL games and speed gets to him, I think hell be a reliable 7th or 8th d man or the first call D call up.

Also we have to much D that plays the same way. Franson, Kostka, Liles, Gunnar and Gardener all play soft puck possession offense orientated defense, and none of them are tough hard nosed D-men, that every team has. They offer the same crap, we need some D that makes the simple pass, stay back, and clear our the front of the net. With the way Komo, has played I'm not sure he keeps getting cut. Also, besides the goal Gunnar as has played horrible the past few games and I think a trip up to the box for a few games would do him some good. Franson, just has a shot, thats it. Hes big but is as mobile as a truck with no wheels. He's redundant on our team because we have 5 other D that plays the same way as he does.

I want to try a line up like this for the next game.

Phaneuf Kostka
Komo Gardener
Liles Fraser

Offers a nice balance of offense orientated, puck moving d-men and a nasty bottom pair stay at home D men.

leafspring* 01-25-2013 12:55 PM

This is crazy

mashedpotato 01-25-2013 01:02 PM

where did he go for his honeymoon?

Suntouchable13 01-25-2013 01:04 PM

Komi Fraser pairing is a disaster waiting to happen.

leafspring* 01-25-2013 01:07 PM

Fraser/Komi are better on different pairs.

indigobuffalo 01-25-2013 01:09 PM

I love how the preface says that Kostka is being over-used, yet you plunk him right back into the top defensive pairing in your "optimal roster".

Fear The Phil 01-25-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigobuffalo (Post 58317339)
I love how the preface says that Kostka is being over-used, yet you plunk him right back into the top defensive pairing in your "optimal roster".

I know :sarcasm:

masyo88* 01-25-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigobuffalo (Post 58317339)
I love how the preface says that Kostka is being over-used, yet you plunk him right back into the top defensive pairing in your "optimal roster".

You missed the point about the power play didn't you?

mt99808 01-25-2013 01:11 PM

I'll agree with one thing. Gunnar has sucked big time. Been by far the worst defenseman.

Fear The Phil 01-25-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masyo88 (Post 58317375)
How is my post asinine at all? I basically say a a 27 year old AHL player might be playing over his head and might not be able to keep playing the amounts of minutes he has been given? That's not unheard of, and might be a reality and fact soon. Do you even know the meaning of asinine? If only a quota of holier than thou attitude, egotistical attitude posts stopped in this forum... if only

True, the Fraser and Komo and pair might not be the best but you could move Komo up to the second line and leave Fraser in the bottom pairing.

Whats with this Gunner hate?? seriously..

HockeyGuruPitka 01-25-2013 01:12 PM

Naw,

im not sure if you noticed but the entire team laid an egg. Really I would say that Kadri's line was the only line that had any success. Not gonna hang my head and turn bi-polar on this team.

masyo88* 01-25-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PressBoxLegend (Post 58317447)
Whats with this Gunner hate?? seriously..

I love Gunnar, but hes not playing at the level that he can. He is slacking so far this year.

Fear The Phil 01-25-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka (Post 58317485)
Naw,

im not sure if you noticed but the entire team laid an egg. Really I would say that Kadri's line was the only line that had any success. Not gonna hang my head and turn bi-polar on this team.

+1 Just gotta give people time. I can't believe people are ragging on Gunner so much

G51 K81* 01-25-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PressBoxLegend (Post 58317447)
Whats with this Gunner hate?? seriously..

Personally don't like Gunnar. He is soft and isn't particularly great at one aspect of the game. Looking around the league I don't see where he would be a top 4 with the exception of a few bottom feeders.

Fear The Phil 01-25-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G51 K81 (Post 58317649)
Personally don't like Gunnar. He is soft and isn't particularly great at one aspect of the game. Looking around the league I don't see where he would be a top 4 with the exception of a few bottom feeders.

That did not stop people from adoring him last year and calling him our most dependable dman.. The fact of the matter is we need some puck moving abilities on the back end - pair him with a stay-at-home dman are you are fine.

G51 K81* 01-25-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PressBoxLegend (Post 58317755)
That did not stop people from adoring him last year and calling him our most dependable dman.. The fact of the matter is we need some puck moving abilities on the back end - pair him with a stay-at-home dman are you are fine.

Dependable as in defensive?

therealkoho 01-25-2013 01:22 PM

ahh me .......such is life in LeafLand

Gardener? Leafs fan? Really?

pay attention

4evaBlue 01-25-2013 01:24 PM

I don't mind him as much on the first pairing, Dion has the capability to make anyone beside him look better. Kostka needs to get off the PP unit, though.

Erdinger 01-25-2013 01:25 PM

People are just ragging on Kostka because he's had stonehands on the PP(he's got lots of company in that regard). At least he's got himself into a position to get these scoring chances which perhaps some of the more skilled scorers should take note of. Defensively he's been far from the worst out there. Franson,Gardiner and Gunnarson have definitely been worse so far. RC should just cutback his PP time.

G51 K81* 01-25-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4evaBlue (Post 58318199)
I don't mind him as much on the first pairing, Dion has the capability to make anyone beside him look better. Kostka needs to get off the PP unit, though.

This.

Gardiner or Liles would be better. Preferably both.

Kostka has been fine 5 on 5 though.

gordonshumway 01-25-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masyo88 (Post 58317539)
I love Gunnar, but hes not playing at the level that he can. He is slacking so far this year.

He's got 3 points (1g2a) in 4 games and is +4... what else do people want?!?

TOGuy14 01-25-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masyo88 (Post 58316461)
Now let me start of by saying, I loved that we had a local boy come out of no where and make the team, but am I the only one who thinks hes a tad bit over rated and being over used especially in the power play. I grew another beard waiting for him to shoot on the pp. At times it looks like he is being over whelmed by the speed of the NHL game and does not know what to do with the puck.I think as the season wears on and the grind of the NHL games and speed gets to him, I think hell be a reliable 7th or 8th d man or the first call D call up.

Also we have to much D that plays the same way. Franson, Kostka, Liles, Gunnar and Gardener all play soft puck possession offense orientated defense, and none of them are tough hard nosed D-men, that every team has. They offer the same crap, we need some D that makes the simple pass, stay back, and clear our the front of the net. With the way Komo, has played I'm not sure he keeps getting cut. Also, besides the goal Gunnar as has played horrible the past few games and I think a trip up to the box for a few games would do him some good. Franson, just has a shot, thats it. Hes big but is as mobile as a truck with no wheels. He's redundant on our team because we have 5 other D that plays the same way as he does.

I want to try a line up like this for the next game.

Phaneuf Kostka
Komo Gardener
Liles Fraser

Offers a nice balance of offense orientated, puck moving d-men and a nasty bottom pair stay at home D men.

You are correct Gunnarson's 3 points in 4 games with a +4 has definitely earned him a trip to the pressbox. Mark Fraser has been considerably better than him all year.

Interactif 01-25-2013 02:42 PM

Kostka has not been the worst D man on the team this year.

leafspring* 01-25-2013 02:48 PM

Fraser/Gunner doesn't matter as long as they play good to me.Gardiner being moved to the Marlies was a good idea. He looked out of sorts.

Stephen 01-25-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 58323045)
Kostka has not been the worst D man on the team this year.

I find it frustrating that Kostka is getting so much ice time, especially on the power play. It's almost as if Carlyle was singlehandedly trying to turn him into a rags to riches story. And for no apparent reason either. I'd probably like him more if he didn't seem to be playing 1:50 on every PP opportunity.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.