HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is Dion Phaneuf done? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332683)

Calacatz 01-25-2013 01:21 PM

Is Dion Phaneuf done?
 
What happened to the kid we seen years back smashing ppl at the world Jrs. and playing that hard hitting role with Calgary while potting loads of goals with that rocket shot? Is it possible that his body has broken down to early... His career looks like its on a steady decline

As a Leaf although he has had a few bright spots.. overall he has been HORRIBLE.. cant play D (caused 4 goals last night) is not hitting, and can not hit the net... oh wait.. he did hit the net once and broke Lupul's arm.. Poor lupes thought he was in the safest spot he could be with Dion shooting.. aside from a beautiful GF this guy is a complete mess!

Don't give me its one bad game BS... been a few years now @ he makes 6.5 mil a year!

Paris in Flames 01-25-2013 01:22 PM

Just a few nights ago people were saying his game in Buffalo was the best defence they've ever seen him play.

Funny how things change.

Bomber0104 01-25-2013 01:24 PM

He's a total stiff defensively, and offensively he refuses to pass instead unleash a constant stream of inaccurate booming high slap shots.

He just hurt Lupul ($5.25 million) for half the season.

The result of Dion's antics cost the Leafs half of Lupul's season ($2.625) which when added to Dion's already ridiculous contract becomes an even more ridiculous $9.125 per year expenditure.

He's not worth being the most costly player in the league. Crosby doesn't even get paid that much.

Trade this guy to Detroit for Ian White.

dubplatepressure 01-25-2013 01:24 PM

He was only an Allstar last year... horrible indeed.

Raging Bull 01-25-2013 01:25 PM

Fire him and or/Bourke.

pSoup 01-25-2013 01:28 PM

If Phaneuf can get going on the PP and keep playing his simple game, he's going to be dangerous, he's a heavy hitting, intimidating tough dman, his ability to jump into rushes, and heavy shot make him a unique player for us, he just needs to be consistent in his play and work on making that clapper a bit more accurate

allyb 01-25-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomber0104 (Post 58318165)
He's a total stiff defensively, and offensively he refuses to pass instead unleash a constant stream of inaccurate booming high slap shots.

He just hurt Lupul ($5.25 million) for half the season.

The result of Dion's antics cost the Leafs half of Lupul's season ($2.625) which when added to Dion's already ridiculous contract becomes an even more ridiculous $9.125 per year expenditure.
He's not worth being the most costly player in the league. Crosby doesn't even get paid that much.

Trade this guy to Detroit for Ian White.


nice try but if you half one you need half the other :nod:

and only for Ian Whites moustache :handclap:

cup67 01-25-2013 01:31 PM

i think its time we trade him.
is he the guy thats going to lead the leafs to the promise land? in the next 5 years. NO
so , philly is looking to add defence, they could be a contender with him this year.
back, we get coutuier.
future centers , kadri , coutuier.

Bomber0104 01-25-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allyb (Post 58318553)
nice try but if you half one you need half the other :nod:

and only for Ian Whites moustache :handclap:

Why would I have to half his contract.

He is playing a whole year for us for $6.5 and his idiotic antics cost half of Lupul's season @ $2.625.

Dion cost this team over $9 million and while he is about $5 million good he is no where close to nine.

Deuce Awesome 01-25-2013 01:33 PM

He's played great this year. Logging in major minutes. Playing with more of an edge than I remember in a while.


I don't know what more people expect from him.

Bodybr3ak 01-25-2013 01:34 PM

People seem to forget that b4 that collapse in feb he was being talked about as a Norris Candidate on these forums.

Deuce Awesome 01-25-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomber0104 (Post 58318681)
Why would I have to half his contract.

He is playing a whole year for us for $6.5 and his idiotic antics cost half of Lupul's season @ $2.625.

Dion cost this team over $9 million and while he is about $5 million good he is no where close to nine.

So he takes a hard shot on net, Lupul is in the way, screening, and gets a freak injury, and this is Dion's fault?

Accidents are called such for a reason.


Would you rather he play more like Kaberle?

The Phil 01-25-2013 01:35 PM

Looked great against Buffalo and probably even better against Pittsburgh. Calm down, people.

The Apologist 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

Lol. Dion has looked incredible this season, absolutely incredible. I knew as soon answer lost this place would be unbearable, but come on...

Everlong 01-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomber0104 (Post 58318681)
Why would I have to half his contract.

He is playing a whole year for us for $6.5 and his idiotic antics cost half of Lupul's season @ $2.625.

Dion cost this team over $9 million and while he is about $5 million good he is no where close to nine.

What in the world are you guys talking about? :laugh: Costing us 9mil because of a freak accident....please.

As for the original post. He hasn't posted lower than 12th in hits the last 4 years. He doesn't steamroll people anymore because it put him out of position. He's much more controlled now.

Bomber0104 01-25-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome (Post 58318847)
So he takes a hard shot on net, Lupul is in the way, screening, and gets a freak injury, and this is Dion's fault?

Accidents are called such for a reason.


Would you rather he play more like Kaberle?

Kaberle took accurate shots.

Dion just blindly fires shots all over the place. No accuracy at all and it just cost him half of our star wingers season.

He's just not an intelligent player/person.

The Apologist 01-25-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome (Post 58318847)
So he takes a hard shot on net, Lupul is in the way, screening, and gets a freak injury, and this is Dion's fault?

Accidents are called such for a reason.


Would you rather he play more like Kaberle?

Shooting the puck is so obviously an idiotic antic.

Bomber0104 01-25-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome (Post 58318763)
He's played great this year. Logging in major minutes. Playing with more of an edge than I remember in a while.


I don't know what more people expect from him.

I expect him to not play like a total stiff defensively.



How the hell does this guy get through 2 guys so easily?

I mean Kessel, I understand because he is a total BUST defensively, but our Captain?

Embarrassing.

The Apologist 01-25-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomber0104 (Post 58319009)
Kaberle took accurate shots.

Dion just blindly fires shots all over the place. No accuracy at all and it just cost him half of our star wingers season.

He's just not an intelligent player/person.

Kaberle didn't shoot. Terrible comparison.

Deuce Awesome 01-25-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomber0104 (Post 58319155)
I've been posting in GDT's since 2007.

But yeah, never watched the Leafs...

:laugh:

If you watched the Leafs you would know that Kaberle had a "No Shoot Clause" in his contract.

jimmycarter 01-25-2013 01:41 PM

he stunk last night...takes a lot out of you shadowing two of the best young forwards in the leauge two nights in a row + travel.

Drew311 01-25-2013 01:41 PM

Is this real life?

Rob11 01-25-2013 01:42 PM

phaneuf has played amazing so far this year. Stand out defence men.

Yeah last night was a bad game and he made some mistakes but watching live he really is a top pairing d man imo.

Bomber0104 01-25-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Brown (Post 58319175)
He played really well against both Buffalo and Pittsburgh. You guys are all bipolar, calm yourself.

Oh yes, just a brilliant defensive display, allowing Sidney Crosby to get behind him for a breakaway.



Another Norris worthy play right there...:shakehead

Deuce Awesome 01-25-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmycarter (Post 58319297)
he stunk last night...takes a lot out of you shadowing two of the best young forwards in the leauge two nights in a row + travel.


I thought he did a great job on Crosby the night before, really got his waaaaaah going. Seems to be good at that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.