HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Geek Emporium (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332869)

RussianRocket10 01-25-2013 05:18 PM

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Double XP weekend until 10am PST on the 28th. New DLC drops on Tuesday for Xbox 360. How's everyone doing on double XP weekend so far?

CoopALoop 01-25-2013 05:23 PM

OmG lYk besht game evr.

RussianRocket10 01-25-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopALoop (Post 58331107)
OmG lYk besht game evr.

AINEC. :sarcasm:

CoopALoop 01-25-2013 05:36 PM

It's a bummer I'm away for this weekend on a work dive, I get to miss out on another double xp weekend.

Though to be fair, I'm probably going to stop at prestige 6 (currently 5). That trident and tentacles are too rad.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 01-25-2013 05:40 PM

Damn...this is a bad weekend for me too.

yakitate304 01-25-2013 05:46 PM

Trying to Gold all the SMGs, but so far I only have Gold Vector. Everything else, I still need to get 100 headshots. I have one MSMC class, and then a really powerful Overkill class with the MP7 and the Chicom, both with a Reflex sight. Then my Anti-Air/Equipment class is a silenced laser sight PDW with the Stinger missiles.

I think I have about 20 headshots with the Chicom, 45 with the MP7, 50ish with the MSMC, and somewhere around 70 with the PDW. I doubt I have any with the Skorpion since I never use it.

I really like the MP7/Chicom class for playing aggressively in Domination. I've put together a couple solo B caps where I take out 5-6 opponents during the capture, using both weapons. Pretty exciting.

Krishna 01-25-2013 08:10 PM

Does the 2x XP count for PS3 too?

edit : yep

Snipeshow 01-25-2013 08:18 PM

This is my highest Kill count and point total in BO2.

http://i49.tinypic.com/k4jhie.jpg

RussianRocket10 01-25-2013 08:23 PM

Got the Hail Mary challenge earlier today. Threw a combat axe on Drone from the grassy sniper area with trees all the way across the map and hit a sniper laying on the helicopter pad. Feels good man.

Krishna 01-25-2013 08:27 PM

Why doesn't kills get the double XP?

DuckJet 01-25-2013 08:45 PM

Leveled up 10 times today. 3 away from 6th prestige. Golded my Remington. Easily my fastest gold. Might go for diamond shotties after all.

TheGooooch 01-25-2013 09:52 PM

Just doing my first prestige.

Any combos of perks advice you guys like to run?

I am not great at all, usually around a .7 to 1.0 k/d ratio. Post some of your favorite classes for run and gun if you have any advice.

BeBen* 01-25-2013 09:57 PM

Anyone wants the season pass for 40$?

southpaw24 01-25-2013 11:30 PM

went from level 4 to 31 tonight.... had some really bad games lag wise and getting out-duelled by a handgun

Carl Carlson 01-26-2013 01:16 AM

Lag was horrible tonight. So many unfair gunfight deaths. I'm hoping the next patch includes some fixes for the lag.

kingsboy11 01-26-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 58352539)
Leveled up 10 times today. 3 away from 6th prestige. Golded my Remington. Easily my fastest gold. Might go for diamond shotties after all.

yeah, I just golded my Remington tonight as well. But when I started, I only needed 1 more bloodthirsty to get it so it didn't take that long. This gun was also my fastest gold gun too. :nod:

DuckJet 01-26-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 58358989)

I am not great at all, usually around a .7 to 1.0 k/d ratio. Post some of your favorite classes for run and gun if you have any advice.

My favorite run and gun classes are

PDW

Supressor
Reflex

FHJ

Ghost+Flak Jacket
Cold Blooded
Extreme conditioning

Frag grenade

If you can get used to the PDW it's a beast of a gun. 50 rounds per clip is incredible. Multi kills galore

Skorpion EVO
Supressor+Extended Clip+reflex/dot sight

Ghost+Flak
Toughness
Tac Mask

Primary Gunfighter

The Skorpion is still a favorite of mine cause it's quicker kills so it's good for run and gun but if you stare down 2 or more other guys, well good luck.

Remington
Long Barrel+Fast mags

B23R

Ghost+Lightweight
None
Extreme conditioning+Dexterity

Combat Axe

I don't normally condone shotgun classes, but I've used it when things aren't going my way and once you figure out how to utilize a shotty, it's a beast of a class. Pull out the B23R if you need to make a more ranged kill.

DuckJet 01-26-2013 03:11 AM

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/01/...-map-downhill/

First revolution gameplay. The peacekeeper looks sick.

leova 01-26-2013 05:30 AM

i may only be able to get a day and a half or so out of the 2XP weekend :(

still, my goal is to finish out this level 55 5th prestige ASAP, then powerlever Prestige 6 during the 2XP!

RussianRocket10 01-26-2013 08:37 AM

Woke up this morning to play and there's a patch.

Quote:

New Features & Feature Improvements

- Added support for Live Streaming in all Public Match playlists.
- Added League Best from Season 1 to Player Card.
- If you played in multiple series and/or multiple teams then your highest division and rank will be displayed. The League Best will span all seasons. If you finish with a higher division rank in Season 2 then your new League Best will be displayed after Season 2.
- Added a Cumulative Daily Pool instead of a Weekly Pool in League Play. 200 Rank Points are added to a player’s pool every day. Points that are not used are rolled into the next day.
- Added 2 new pages to the Combat Record (the Combat Summary and Medals).
- Implemented sorting of Medals in the After Action Report.
- Lowered HUD threshold for the "low health" overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.
- Added a “Go to Top” button for the League Leaderboard.

Issues Addressed

- Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.
- Addressed an issue where the UAV would not trigger if called in while aiming down sight.
- Addressed an issue where the Master Demolition challenge did not unlock when the requirements were complete.
- Addressed issue with the headshot sound not playing in final Killcams and Theater Demos.
- Fixed an issue in League Play where “Career Wins” for a Series were not displayed during placement in the Lobby Career Overview.
- Updated the After Action Report in League Play so that bonus points are not summed with the ladder points in points earned for the match.
- Removed the ability to make dual wield attachment combos in Elite Create a Class and addressed an issue where these classes were appearing as missing in game.
- Corrected mode description message displayed on YouTube when Live Streaming Public Match Core game modes.
- Stocks on SMGs no longer allow a player to move faster while ADS than when moving normally.
- Shotgun crosshairs will no longer turn red if an enemy is out of the shotgun’s maximum damage range.
- Fixed an issue where bullets would not fire straight immediately after aiming down the sight while moving at the same time.
Improved turret tracking to eliminate false positives when checking line of sight.
- Turrets now have smoother tracking when targeting players.
- Improved bot pathing on multiple maps.
- Current League Info is now getting updated properly in the Player Identity.
- Manual sorting on League Teams removed as the results are now returned correctly.
- Improved the Scoreboard to make friend Playercard information more accessible.
- Addressed multiple UI issues.
- Players can no longer earn credit towards a Prestige Equipment challenge through “friendly” flashbangs, concussions, and shock charges.
- Fixed Select Fire weapons reverting back to their default fire method when using certain Scorestreaks and not calling them in.
- Addressed an exploit where the game allowed access to the Custom Games - Settings while believing the game was Public Matchmaking, allowing XP.
- Fixed UI errors when linking Live Stream.
- Score and points are no longer awarded if a player destroys their own turret in Hardcore FFA.
- Improved image alignment when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
- Addressed an issue where players were able to plant numerous Assault Shields.
- Addressed an issue where the Stealth Helicopter was able to drop below the map in Drone.
- Players are no longer able to get infinite Black Hats by immediately using another Black Hat.
- Addressed an issue where it was possible for a player to equip two Assault Shields at the same time.
- Players Spectating a One in the Chamber game no longer earn Survivor Bonus Points.
- A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.
- Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps.

Gameplay Balancing

Scorestreaks:
Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.
Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.
AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.
Warthog: reduced missile delay.
Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.
Swarm: drone re-spawn delay increased.

Perks:
Hard Wired: Players with hard wired are now completely unaffected by EMP grenades.

Equipment:
Trophy System: increased range.

SMGs:
All + Silencers: reduced range.

Assault Rifles:
All: reduced idle sway.
M27: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, increased 4-hit kill range.
Type25: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
SCAR: reduced amount of bullets to headshot kill at all ranges, slightly reduced maximum hip fire spread.
SIG556: penetration increased from medium to large, increased maximum number of bullets to kill at long distance and reduced burst delay.
TAR21: increased 3-hit kill range.
SMR: slight increase to damage so that 2 hit kills can still happen with minor penetration, headshot multiplier increased at long distance.
FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
FAL OSW: increased hip spread.

LMGs:
All: ADS in and out time reduced.

Shotguns:
SRM1216: slightly increased short range damage.

Pistols:
Executioner: increased medium range damage.

Krishna 01-26-2013 11:21 AM

Sure, let's nerf the FAL while not really nerfing the SMGs

leova 01-26-2013 11:41 AM

excited to try out this new patch....would love to see other HFBers online today :)

looks like it'll be a good update, SMG nerfs, AR buffs, reductions in Select Fire and some lethal killstreaks, in theory some connection/server buffs...

Richie10 01-26-2013 11:50 AM

Reduced range on silenced SMGs is a pretty big nerf.

Snipeshow 01-26-2013 12:01 PM

Is the map pack out? I see it there to play but I haven't purchase season pass or anything. Can you play them yet or not until Tuesday?

yakitate304 01-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGooooch (Post 58358989)

Here are the classes I'm currently using for Domination.

My super-aggressive, rush/capture class:
MP7 (w/ Reflex)
Chicom CQB (w/ Reflex)
Perk 1: Flak Jacket
Perk 2: Fast Hands (or Toughness)
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning (or Engineer)
Overkill
Semtex & EMP Grenade

-----

My anti-air class:
PDW (w/ Laser sight, Suppressor & Extended Mags)
FHJ-18 anti-air missiles
Perk 1: Blind Eye
Perk 2: Cold Blooded
Perk 3: nothing
Primary Gunfighter
Semtex & Black Hat

-----

My larger map class (for Carrier, Turbine, etc.)
M27 (Reflex & Suppressor) - some people don't like this gun due to a lack of stopping power but I love the accuracy
Five Seven pistol
Perk 1: Ghost
Perk 2: Scavenger
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning
Semtex & Sensor Grenade x2

-----

My "all ranges are covered" class that I use defensively or as a slayer rather than a dedicated flag capper
Vector (Suppressor)
SWAT (Reflex)
Perk 1: Ghost
Perk 2: Fast Hands
Perk 3: Dexterity
Overkill
Semtex & EMP Grenade