HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: mike richards or jeff carter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332905)

tml145 01-25-2013 06:10 PM

mike richards or jeff carter
 
not that they are available but what would it take

DKQ 01-25-2013 06:20 PM

For Richards something in the neighbourhood of Brayden Schenn + Wayne Simmonds. Maybe throw in a pick like a 2nd or something.

For Carter, I could see fair value being something like Jack Johnson and a 1st, or maybe Sean Couturier, Jakub Voracek and a 3rd.

Leafs For Life* 01-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 58334655)
For Richards something in the neighbourhood of Brayden Schenn + Wayne Simmonds. Maybe throw in a pick like a 2nd or something.

For Carter, I could see fair value being something like Jack Johnson and a 1st, or maybe Sean Couturier, Jakub Voracek and a 3rd.

Every person that has been traded will get their old return as their offer lol.

tml145 01-25-2013 06:29 PM

would LA be intested in phill kessel for either of them

Baarle* 01-25-2013 06:51 PM

leafs wouldnt be...

tml145 01-25-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baarle (Post 58337595)
leafs wouldnt be...

why not

bobafettish* 01-25-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml145 (Post 58335405)
would LA be intested in phill kessel for either of them

kings fan saying i would.

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml145 (Post 58335405)
would LA be intested in phill kessel for either of them

Maybe for both and the leafs add a piece...

tml145 01-25-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58340149)
Maybe for both and the leafs add a piece...

ya bozak and a 3rd

bobafettish* 01-25-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58340149)
Maybe for both and the leafs add a piece...

oh that the leaf fans proposals i know and love.....

tml145 01-25-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafettish (Post 58341919)
oh that the leaf fans proposals i know and love.....

ok maybe not both but if one

who

WeridAl 01-25-2013 07:33 PM

Some King fans would of given Carter away for a bag of pucks last night.:naughty:

tml145 01-25-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 58342331)
Some King fans would of given Carter away for a bag of pucks last night.:naughty:

deal

bobafettish* 01-25-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml145 (Post 58342303)
ok maybe not both but if one

who

personally i wouldnt care which one, they both have there
positives and negatives. i just want an elite sniper on the kings.

tml145 01-25-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafettish (Post 58342769)
personally i wouldnt care which one, they both have there
positives and negatives. i just want an elite sniper on the kings.

williams and carter + 1st for kessel and bozak

Muzzinga 01-25-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml145 (Post 58335405)
would LA be intested in phill kessel for either of them

Id do Kessel for Richards straight up. Kings could use a goal scorer and someone good on the pp like Kessel, and its worth the expense of Richards since Carter can slide into the #2. Kings would prob need to add a little something like a mid pick or mid prospect i guess

wouldn't want to add any other roster players

HockeyFanSince86 01-25-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 58347317)
Id do Kessel for Richards straight up. Kings could use a goal scorer and someone good on the pp like Kessel, and its worth the expense of Richards since Carter can slide into the #2. Kings would prob need to add a little something like a mid pick or mid prospect i guess

wouldn't want to add any other roster players

If it was a 2013 1st + Richards for Kessel, that deal would be signed and delivered. I think both teams have players to step into the roles that become vacant and this trade strengthens the areas that are weak. Good trade for both sides.

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 10:55 PM

Richards + LAK '14 1st for Kessel is pretty fair IMO.

KingCanadain1976 01-25-2013 11:07 PM

Imo the kings wouldnt be adding to richards to get kessel if they did a deal it would be striaght up. Personally i wouldnt do that either kessel maybe a good offensives player but his defense leaves alot to be desired, Also in wouldnt score as much in la because he would have to change his game to defense first.

I think my fellow kings fans forget exactly what mike richards can do. He was a huge part of of pk being 2nd in the league. Where as yes hes played bad but not bad enuff to get rid of after all its been 3 games. time and patience people

KingCanadain1976 01-25-2013 11:10 PM

oh forgot to mention la doesn't even have a 13 first pick they traded it to blue jackets for carter

HockeyFanSince86 01-25-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 58363429)
Imo the kings wouldnt be adding to richards to get kessel if they did a deal it would be striaght up. Personally i wouldnt do that either kessel maybe a good offensives player but his defense leaves alot to be desired, Also in wouldnt score as much in la because he would have to change his game to defense first.

I think my fellow kings fans forget exactly what mike richards can do. He was a huge part of of pk being 2nd in the league. Where as yes hes played bad but not bad enuff to get rid of after all its been 3 games. time and patience people

Kessel is playing under a defense first style now, wouldn't be much different for him. You are right in the fact he lacks that physical presence to his game but he still contributes to the forecheck.

Kessel is able to add a very real threat to score every time he is on the ice, not many defensemen can keep up with him, he just seems to have another gear plus a quick release. If he is paired with a forward that can cover his defensive lapses until he learns the system fully you would reap the rewards.

I understand what you are saying about Richards but that is what makes him desirable to us for the price of Kessel. If you don't have the first then next year first would do as well. Being the reigning champs I think giving up a first wouldn't be as hard to do, say if you were us lol.

Kershaw 01-25-2013 11:22 PM

Carter for Stepan, 1st and Skjei

KingCanadain1976 01-25-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 (Post 58364259)
Kessel is playing under a defense first style now, wouldn't be much different for him. You are right in the fact he lacks that physical presence to his game but he still contributes to the forecheck.

Kessel is able to add a very real threat to score every time he is on the ice, not many defensemen can keep up with him, he just seems to have another gear plus a quick release. If he is paired with a forward that can cover his defensive lapses until he learns the system fully you would reap the rewards.

I understand what you are saying about Richards but that is what makes him desirable to us for the price of Kessel. If you don't have the first then next year first would do as well. Being the reigning champs I think giving up a first wouldn't be as hard to do, say if you were us lol.

I understand your saying kessel is a scoring threat I just don't see him fitting into the kings style, No matter who you put in the kings lineup there scoring goes down. not ther players fault its the kings system. Richards has made this la team a team he gives us a second line center we havnt had since butch goring Its something i really dont want to get rid of. I know your saying we can just put carter in but i think he need s to be with richards to be happy last thing this team needs is to mess with chemistry.
We as a team need to stop getting rid of our frists unless theres a diffinate need for someone. I dont see the need as of yet for kessel Id much rather have a happy carter and richards combo. The first is something we need to keep getting players to play in our farm team to have players to trade or bring up in case of injurys. Its something i never want to trade away unless its a need for the future.

HockeyFanSince86 01-25-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 (Post 58365151)
I understand your saying kessel is a scoring threat I just don't see him fitting into the kings style, No matter who you put in the kings lineup there scoring goes down. not ther players fault its the kings system. Richards has made this la team a team he gives us a second line center we havnt had since butch goring Its something i really dont want to get rid of. I know your saying we can just put carter in but i think he need s to be with richards to be happy last thing this team needs is to mess with chemistry.
We as a team need to stop getting rid of our frists unless theres a diffinate need for someone. I dont see the need as of yet for kessel Id much rather have a happy carter and richards combo. The first is something we need to keep getting players to play in our farm team to have players to trade or bring up in case of injurys. Its something i never want to trade away unless its a need for the future.

Say no more. I understand the chemistry and not wanting to mess it up. Good luck to the kings. I had you picked before the season started last year ;).

KingCanadain1976 01-26-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 58342331)
Some King fans would of given Carter away for a bag of pucks last night.:naughty:

ummm no it was richards most kings fans were upset with. Carter scored the only goal can t really be upset with the only goal scorer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.