HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Lupul And Gardiner for Hall (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1332913)

Leafs For Life* 01-25-2013 06:19 PM

Lupul And Gardiner for Hall
 
Strictly value of.
Lupul wouldn't be traded after injury+recent contract, and you guys wouldn't trade your #1 ovr LW.

Petro Points 01-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 58334499)
Strictly value of.
Lupul wouldn't be traded after injury+recent contract, and you guys wouldn't trade your #1 ovr LW.

not sure what you are looking for here ...
value to EDM is different than value to TOR.. Lupul is an ex Oiler and was nothing but a huge disappointment here.. Gardiner is not the Dman EDM wants to shore up the D.. Someone a lot more physical ala Phanuef in his prime \ CGY days is what we need since we have players similar to Gardiner in style already..

Lupul clicked with Kessel so TOR values him a lot higher..

archangel archangel 01-25-2013 06:25 PM

Didn't the Lupul guy get run out of Edmonton once already?

Pi 01-25-2013 06:29 PM

I don't think this deal makes sense from an Oilers POV. Lupul didn't exactly light up the world there.

He was a great Flyer and is now a good Leaf.

I do want to ask the Oilers this though:

If there ever came a point to trade one of the four forwards, who is most likely to be traded?

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 06:42 PM

Both teams say no.

OilerTyler 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pi (Post 58335487)
If there ever came a point to trade one of the four forwards, who is most likely to be traded?

You're not going to get any consensus from Oilers fans with this question.

None of them will have to get traded so it doesn't really matter anyway.

DuckEatinShark 01-25-2013 06:47 PM

Lupul is valued very differently in Edmonton than in Toronto. That alone makes it very hard to answer your question.

Also, Edmonton values a player like Gardiner less than Toronto does because they have a lot of puckmovers already.

It makes it impossible to answer your question. Toronto would probably value Lupul+Gardiner as more than fair value. Edmonton would certainly say the opposite.

CSimpson18 01-25-2013 06:57 PM

I'd give up a high pick to keep lupul from ever touching an oiler logo ever again. He was undoubtedly the laziest most entitled and crappy player I ever saw play for my favourite team. Never again. Komisarek holds more value to me

Halifaxhab* 01-25-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58336629)
Both teams say no.

seriously? Nonis would walk away from the phone giggling like a schoolgirl if he could land this

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 58338679)
seriously? Nonis would walk away from the phone giggling like a schoolgirl if he could land this

Haha alright.

We're going to trade our PPG winger who has unreal chemistry with Kessel + youngest, brightest spot on our defense for Hall. Who might put up slightly more points than Lupul, and that is assuming he finds chemistry with Kessel.

Halifaxhab* 01-25-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58338875)
Haha alright.

We're going to trade our PPG winger who has unreal chemistry with Kessel + youngest, brightest spot on our defense for Hall. Who might put up slightly more points than Lupul, and that is assuming he finds chemistry with Kessel.


my bad. sorry. Getting the best player in the deal and having dmen who could fill Gardiner's role really hurts.

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 58339141)
my bad. sorry. Getting the best player in the deal and having dmen who could fill Gardiner's role really hurts.

Once again, such a tremendous post.

Trade Gardiner because we have Rielly. There's no reason to keep them both and finally have a good looking d core, right?

Halifaxhab* 01-25-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58339917)
Once again, such a tremendous post.

Trade Gardiner because we have Rielly. There's no reason to keep them both and finally have a good looking d core, right?

What's wrong with Franson? He can fill that role now. Reilly will play next year. You don't expect to win this year do you?

You get a shot at Hall, you take it. This is equivalent to MTL offering Bourque and Beaulieu.

roflstomper 01-25-2013 07:19 PM

Toronto should do this.

Very similar if Edmonton offered Hemsky and Shultz for Kessel, they would do it.

tml145 01-25-2013 07:20 PM

this is useless

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 58340543)
What's wrong with Franson? He can fill that role now. Reilly will play next year. You don't expect to win this year do you?

You get a shot at Hall, you take it. This is equivalent to MTL offering Bourque and Beaulieu.

Seriously?

Lupul >>>> Bourque
Gardiner >>>> Beaulieu.

Hard to take your opinion seriously when you just posted the most lopsided comparison I have ever seen. Franson is a bottom pairing Dman. Gardiner has top potential.

iCanada 01-25-2013 07:26 PM

No thanks to Lupul. He a worthless floater, that whines sulks and hides when things not going is way.

We already ran him out of town.

Gardiner a good defencman, but I'd rather shore up our D with a stay at home physical guy like Orpik instead. Schultz and Petry got the puck moving thing down.

Halifaxhab* 01-25-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58340899)
Seriously?

Lupul >>>> Bourque
Gardiner >>>> Beaulieu.

Hard to take your opinion seriously when you just posted the most lopsided comparison I have ever seen. Franson is a bottom pairing Dman. Gardiner has top potential.

take off the rose coloured glasses for a second there homer. Lupul and Bourque have similar #s and both have been known to coast. Gardner and Beaulieu play similar styles, Beaulieu also has "top pairing" potential, but Gardner is further along in his development.

But yeah, you are sooo right. Hall can't be worth Lupul and Gardner at all, enjoy the shortened season.

WeridAl 01-25-2013 07:31 PM

Lupul was here and most Oilers fans would say not again. Don't need Gardiner and at best he would be a 3rd pairing D with Edmonton. Why would Edmonton make this trade, it doesn't address any of their needs, big pass.

Phion Keneuf 01-25-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 58341623)
take off the rose coloured glasses for a second there homer. Lupul and Bourque have similar #s and both have been known to coast. Gardner and Beaulieu play similar styles, Beaulieu also has "top pairing" potential, but Gardner is further along in his development.

But yeah, you are sooo right. Hall can't be worth Lupul and Gardner at all, enjoy the shortened season.

Lol I'm not going to waste my time with you.

Hahahahahha

Halifaxhab* 01-25-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 58343339)
Lol I'm not going to waste my time with you.

Hahahahahha

ya sorry for making sense.

Hennig 01-25-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 58343601)
ya sorry for making sense.

You're really not though.

Canadian Jesus 01-25-2013 08:00 PM

Oils get bent over in this deal

Duck Off 01-25-2013 08:21 PM

In before lock

Leafs For Life* 01-25-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 (Post 58348979)
In before lock

Still sad about the deal, huh..

Anyways, the Bourque+Beaulieu=Lupul+Gardiner comparison is laughable. More like Bourque+Subban, as Lupul>>Bourque and Gardiner<<Subban, well, minus contract and locker room attitude..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.